Schoupp out for five months

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I wonder if @utility half will change his view now that he knows that Schoupp was playing with a rotator cuff injury the whole time..
Rotator cuff injuries are sh!t. I know from personal experience as I acquired one in R shoulder from years of swimming. Lose strength and range of movement. Schoupp has age on his side and I'm sure he'll recover

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love the way Schoupp plays. He gets good metres coming out of our end, rips in and plays with controlled aggression.

His defence needs some work but with proper coaching and better players around him he will improve.

You can't coach heart and desire which he has in spades.

He has all the makings of being a similar type player to Willie Talau for us.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo to centre now
Averillo would need intensive defensive training over the off season both in technique as well as learning to read what’s coming. Something that is learnt over years. So not something you are going to learn in six months without playing.

With the ball, he is a natural ready made first grade centre. Without the ball he is a park football level centre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo would need intensive defensive training over the off season both in technique as well as learning to read what’s coming. Something that is learnt over years. So not something you are going to learn in six months without playing.

With the ball, he is a natural ready made first grade centre. Without the ball he is a park football level centre.
His defence improved this year and it's not as if any of our outside backs can actually defend effectively...doesn't matter anyway, he will be starting in the halves.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least it’s now and not during the season. Recovery is one thing, the other is good rehab which requires time as well.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His defence improved this year and it's not as if any of our outside backs can actually defend effectively...doesn't matter anyway, he will be starting in the halves.
Unfortunately I think your right. But he is not a half either. My only hope is having Burton as his half partner might mean his lack of creativity and kicking game might not be as noticeable.

By the same token Burton will be targeted by every team as the danger. I’m not convinced Averillo poses enough of a threat to be a foil for Burton.

His defensive deficiencies also aren’t as exposed in the halves as they are out wide.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm keen to see how Alamoti deals with preseason. Bloke has a massive future if he carries same form into NRL.

Probably the most exciting back we've had come through the club for some time.
Yeah hopefully they find a way to start 2nd grade back up next year so he can develop more there. Will be a gun

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So he had reasons for missing tackles?
With a damaged rotator cuff it’s hard to extend the arm far from the body and at the same time retain strength. Plus it hurts like buggary when you get an impact on the extended hand, wrist or lower arm. It would almost certainly affect his tackling on that side.

Always a Bulldog

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

So to does Schoup though . I agree Avo to centre is our best bet. Wakeham to start at Half

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rotator cuff injuries are sh!t. I know from personal experience as I acquired one in R shoulder from years of swimming. Lose strength and range of movement. Schoupp has age on his side and I'm sure he'll recover
Anything neck, back or shoulder related can take years to heal even after surgery because there's often so much nerve damage. My mate has had like three neck operations and had to get implants in the end and he still has issues with it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anything neck, back or shoulder related can take years to heal even after surgery because there's often so much nerve damage. My mate has had like three neck operations and had to get implants in the end and he still has issues with it.
Asiata?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Double Ls for our man Utility

1/ backed the drunken horse name Elliott that he would be retained

2/ Picked on a kid in his first year that tuned out to have a serious rotator cuff problem

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's a shame for him and the team. He played well in a beaten side.

The only positive is that we have depth in the backs and that he has time to rehab it now.