School tragedy in Devonport, TAS

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The go fund me campaign set up is going big up over a million dollars now and while money doesnt cure grief, these families would have high needs in this area no doubt.
We are great at giving in times like this :hearteyes:champion humans all those chipping in.
Doesn’t cure grief or make stuff better your correct
Does give them a spell form weekly bills etc

And may be able to treat the other kids and themselves to something

Money doesn’t fix this, but may ease the burden
Still get a tear in the eye thinking about this
Too close to home

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So tragic that words could not describe how this makes me feel. They will all be in a better place now with our Lord and Saviour and I will say a prayer tonight for them and their famalies.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh saw one article that had pictures of all 6 of these kids taken, fucken heartbreaking+

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a horrible thing for a little kid to go through.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All we can add is that having run a jumping castle business (as a weekend cash money spinner), this school has maybe just hired the jumping castle and balls to run themselves, or else the owner is very inexperienced.

I've been accused as a panic merchant grannie many a time on here but I can tell you, it's bc sometimes you have to see danger with most things around you and how it can all go wrong.

It was a constant fear operating castles. We used to tie ours to our one tonner on one side and have huge heavy duty star pickets driven in with a sledgehammer on all remaining sides. You need to worry about the blower as well bc if it stops, or is pulled out of the power source, the castle deflates with a pile of kids panicking inside. Kids are a worry too with broken arms, wrists, running together in a line to collapse the side walls, throwing themselves out the front steps and pushing each other....Ugh it makes me so relieved we sold that business 30 years ago....can only imagine what its like to operate one now.

These days people just cut costs, and many cowboy operators, and just supply them and leave partygoers to it but it's too dangerous these days to allow that IMHO without careful supervision.

So terribly sad that this has happened. RIP angels.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
All we can add is that having run a jumping castle business (as a weekend cash money spinner), this school has maybe just hired the jumping castle and balls to run themselves, or else the owner is very inexperienced.

I've been accused as a panic merchant grannie many a time on here but I can tell you, it's bc sometimes you have to see danger with most things around you and how it can all go wrong.

It was a constant fear operating castles. We used to tie ours to our one tonner on one side and have huge heavy duty star pickets driven in with a sledgehammer on all remaining sides. You need to worry about the blower as well bc if it stops, or is pulled out of the power source, the castle deflates with a pile of kids panicking inside. Kids are a worry too with broken arms, wrists, running together in a line to collapse the side walls, throwing themselves out the front steps and pushing each other....Ugh it makes me so relieved we sold that business 30 years ago....can only imagine what its like to operate one now.

These days people just cut costs, and many cowboy operators, and just supply them and leave partygoers to it but it's too dangerous these days to allow that IMHO without careful supervision.

So terribly sad that this has happened. RIP angels.
My little sister back in the day got smashed in the head accidentally by a guy about 10 years older then her on a jumping castle. She got knocked out as a 6 year old. I love a good jumping castle (haven’t been on one for years and years) I think you can’t go on one if you are over 16 but yeah they seem pretty dangerous.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My little sister back in the day got smashed in the head accidentally by a guy about 10 years older then her on a jumping castle. She got knocked out as a 6 year old. I love a good jumping castle (haven’t been on one for years and years) I think you can’t go on one if you are over 16 but yeah they seem pretty dangerous.
Can be if not supervised. We always had similar aged kids in together and let the rough house boys stay together lol...and jumped on them when they went over the top (literally lol)

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So very sad and traumatic for all concerned. The poor kids that witnessed it will be scarred for life.
I know it was a terrible accident, But you would think the jumping castle would be secured to the ground.