Opinion Scheduling farce

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll bet the Pilchards have several Friday night games at Suncorp on alternative weeks to the Ponies with some Sunday games at Redcliffe - which will likely be QLD derbies - Tits/Cows/Ponies. This would be very strategic and all designed with dollars in mind.
That makes plenty of sense. In the AFL they try to have a home game every week in the non vic states.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this Canadian company just puts broncos on every friday night regardless of their position on the ladder or if the other qld teams are performing better?
And also has the Broncos playing an 'away' game for magic round at suncorp....
Surely NRLOL politics plays it's part too
The worst part that company get 10 million to do it.

What joke I could in excel in about 15 minutes

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing beats Penith and Parra in 2020 never playing outside Sydney
Incorrect. In 2020:

Penrith played at the Central and Gold Coasts, Brisbane and Townsville.

Parramatta played at the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle and the Central Coast.

And it was a Covid effected season, so fixtures were moved to accomodate the Warriors and Storm and no crowds for large parts of the season.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you’d do so much better Alzz. Not.
What a useless thread.
The club submit their intent to take a game on the road BEFORE the draw is done.
It’s one of hundreds of inputs before the draw is done.
Who are the ‘amateurs’ you refer to - the NRL?
Scoop: they don’t do the draw. A Canadian company called Optimal Planning Solutions does it and they also work with the NFL and MLB (who have many more games to schedule in a season). The NRL has certain requirements like Bulldogs/Souths on Good Friday or Dragons/Chooks on Anzac Day and there are literally hundreds of inputs. It’s a complex thing and nothing ‘amateur’ about it just because you don’t like a particular outcome. The club are pros and get on with it. But I guess it’s all ‘corrupt’ or something, right? The only amateur I see is you and your posts :-).
I didn’t think the draw was that bad tbh.
Like you said so many contributing factors it’s impossible to keep everyone happy.

If we have to play teams within a short time frame who really cares,the main thing is actually winning those games and becoming a powerhouse again.
Our club has been a mess for years the least of our problem is the bloody schedule.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
maybe dont play a team based in warm weather in a warm weather location

maybe we should have played another sydney team there
Especially moving a home game to QLD when playing a QLD team.

I would of taken NQLD to Tasmania in the middle of winter to play to freeze their tropical nuts off lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
maybe dont play a team based in warm weather in a warm weather location

maybe we should have played another sydney team there
Think it pretty much has to be a QLD team to build excitement and bring crowds. I mean, we still might sell 8000 tickets vs the Tigers (maybe) but it seems to me if you take a game there it has to be a QLD team.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score

I would of taken NQLD to Tasmania in the middle of winter to play to freeze their tropical nuts off lol
You could see our guys looking uncomfortable after the first 15 to 20 minutes. It's been a really cold winter in Sydney.

On the other hand, Cowboys looked completely comfortable in the conditions - obviously because they are used to the warm weather.

It just drives me nuts that the club doesn't have some sort of foresight - if we have to play a "home" game there, play Melbourne or someone else. We played them in Mackay years ago and smacked them. FFS not the Cowboys and it can't be a concern to pick a QLD team so we sell tickets. Pretty much guaranteed to sell 8,000 tickets whoever we play there.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You could see our guys looking uncomfortable after the first 15 to 20 minutes. It's been a really cold winter in Sydney.

On the other hand, Cowboys looked completely comfortable in the conditions - obviously because they are used to the warm weather.

It just drives me nuts that the club doesn't have some sort of foresight - if we have to play a "home" game there, play Melbourne or someone else. We played them in Mackay years ago and smacked them. FFS not the Cowboys and it can't be a concern to pick a QLD team so we sell tickets. Pretty much guaranteed to sell 8,000 tickets whoever we play there.
I agree with you bro.

Our 2nd half nap started 10 mins early. They were gassed after 30 mins.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
FFS not the Cowboys and it can't be a concern to pick a QLD team so we sell tickets. Pretty much guaranteed to sell 8,000 tickets whoever we play there.
Is it only a ‘concern’ or a contractual obligation?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Reminds me of the Mystery Alaska scene lol (it's a movie lol)

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I agree with you bro.

Our 2nd half nap started 10 mins early. They were gassed after 30 mins.
So true.

The second half nap really burns me.

With a roster still containing a lot of deadwood in it we held a 10 nil lead well into in the first half - just through effort and commitment. So we can actually do it.

Our fitness and discipline then fell apart and our interchange is crap (not Potter's use of the interchange but the actual players we have available on the interchange bench) - Cowgirls lost nothing or even got a different dimension with their interchange - when Vaugan and King went off it was the beginning of the end for us.

Hopefully with the roster upgrades which are coming for 2023 we can play like we did in the first 30 of the first half for a full game - just cannot clock off at any stage - these games are so fast that opposition teams pile points on very quickly and the game is gone in a flash. Just look at the end of the first half and the last 10 to 15 minutes of our game yesterday.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Is it only a ‘concern’ or a contractual obligation?
I don't know the answer to that question DinkumDog - you may be right.

Like I said in another post, I watched yesterday's press conference and much to my disappointment, Jackson said we are having a "home" game up there for the next 2 years.

If there is a contractual obligation to play there, I only hope it's not that we have to play Cowboys - I could live with another Sydney team - playing in Bundaberg against teams from cold weather locations like Canberra or Melbourne would also be at least bearable to me. I found playing our "home" game in the opposition's back yard difficult to stomach.

You may have also seen Potter comment to the effect that it was a "surprising" or "unusual" decision in an interview leading into our game against Cowboys.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to that question DinkumDog - you may be right.

Like I said in another post, I watched yesterday's press conference and much to my disappointment, Jackson said we are having a "home" game up there for the next 2 years.

If there is a contractual obligation to play there, I only hope it's not that we have to play Cowboys - I could live with another Sydney team - playing in Bundaberg against teams from cold weather locations like Canberra or Melbourne would also be at least bearable to me. I found playing our "home" game in the opposition's back yard difficult to stomach.

You may have also seen Potter comment to the effect that it was a "surprising" or "unusual" decision in an interview leading into our game against Cowboys.
I think the key thing here is the draw determines the opponent. As stated earlier, the club informs the NRL of them deciding to take a game on the road and probably which round/date. Same as other teams do. When all the inputs are done for the draw, this year happened to be a QLD team. When we planned to go to Perth last year (Covid killed it), it was going to be the Storm. So I’m pretty sure the club can’t choose the opponent, it’s the luck of the draw. That said, there’s probably not a lot of argument from say the QRL if it’s a QLD team to generate buzz, tickets and other bits - like the Cowboys doing their school visit last week, same as the Dogs did. I have no problem with anything that’s happened. If we were better than we were yesterday and didn’t lose no-one would be talking about who the opponent was. It just seems to be another whinge from disgruntled fans because we lost.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad.
You need stop preaching your covid shit!
Like religion believe what you believe but keep it to yourself!
Covid reaction was a precursor to the control the left plan to implement under the Great Global Reset. If you don't see going from Bundaberg Sunday night to Auckland Friday night is a problem then you have rocks in your head.