Opinion Scheduling farce

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasn’t been an issue all year from memory till now and it’s sort of the clubs fault isn’t it for location. Complain about the draw if anything first 8 games we played 3 top 4 teams Broncos twice and Roosters that’s horrid.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Covid reaction was a precursor to the control the left plan to implement under the Great Global Reset. If you don't see going from Bundaberg Sunday night to Auckland Friday night is a problem then you have rocks in your head.
Jesus @GlenDoggies:
That comment made me sick to my stomach!
From laughter :tearsofjoy:.
So now the NRL draw is done by the lizard people??
You Faux News lovin’ far right loons have officially lost the plot. And I’m the farthest thing from a leftie there is. Get a grip! :-).

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you’d do so much better Alzz. Not.
What a useless thread.
The club submit their intent to take a game on the road BEFORE the draw is done.
It’s one of hundreds of inputs before the draw is done.
Who are the ‘amateurs’ you refer to - the NRL?
Scoop: they don’t do the draw. A Canadian company called Optimal Planning Solutions does it and they also work with the NFL and MLB (who have many more games to schedule in a season). The NRL has certain requirements like Bulldogs/Souths on Good Friday or Dragons/Chooks on Anzac Day and there are literally hundreds of inputs. It’s a complex thing and nothing ‘amateur’ about it just because you don’t like a particular outcome. The club are pros and get on with it. But I guess it’s all ‘corrupt’ or something, right? The only amateur I see is you and your posts :-).
Be nice if one of those inputs was every team play everyone else before a repeat game, no repeat game 4wks after the first, etc. It just irks me.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Be nice if one of those inputs was every team play everyone else before a repeat game, no repeat game 4wks after the first, etc. It just irks me.
If you have too many inputs you’d never get a result.
It’s never going to be perfect.
Not that that stops some whingers who of course couldn’t produce better :-).

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have too many inputs you’d never get a result.
It’s never going to be perfect.
Not that that stops some whingers who of course couldn’t produce better :-).
Guess it comes down to which inputs have priorities, celler dwellers never get prioritised, which is Gus's point.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Guess it comes down to which inputs have priorities, celler dwellers never get prioritised, which is Gus's point.
There’s always winners and losers.
The only way to change that is to win and I think that was Gus’ bigger point. I prefer giving things a red hot crack rather than whinging about perceived injustices.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the key thing here is the draw determines the opponent. As stated earlier, the club informs the NRL of them deciding to take a game on the road and probably which round/date. Same as other teams do. When all the inputs are done for the draw, this year happened to be a QLD team. When we planned to go to Perth last year (Covid killed it), it was going to be the Storm. So I’m pretty sure the club can’t choose the opponent, it’s the luck of the draw. That said, there’s probably not a lot of argument from say the QRL if it’s a QLD team to generate buzz, tickets and other bits - like the Cowboys doing their school visit last week, same as the Dogs did. I have no problem with anything that’s happened. If we were better than we were yesterday and didn’t lose no-one would be talking about who the opponent was. It just seems to be another whinge from disgruntled fans because we lost.
Not sure that out of 15 teams the draw just happened to choose Nth Qld. Not saying it would be impossible, but only a 7% chance of it being random.

The club are talking about Bundaberg being a QLD home for us in future, so maybe they asked to play Nth Qld to get a decent crowd first up, hoping for future non-QLD games to be well supported.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure that out of 15 teams the draw just happened to choose Nth Qld. Not saying it would be impossible, but only a 7% chance of it being random.

The club are talking about Bundaberg being a QLD home for us in future, so maybe they asked to play Nth Qld to get a decent crowd first up, hoping for future non-QLD games to be well supported.
I don’t know but I doubt an opponent can be requested as that just further complicates things (for the other team too). As I said earlier when we were taking a game to Perth last year before Covid kiboshed that it was against the Storm. I’m sure the club only gets to nominate where they’re taking a home game and when. So looks like the 7% got up this year.
Would be nice if Powerball was that easy!