SBW, halfback and 2 explosive backs

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks to Croft. Don’t know why we don’t persist with Cogger. But anyways...don’t mind SBW for the right price. It’s water under the bridge for me plus as you said, he was young and naive. 1 year deal I say. With a second as option

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
SBW will stop us from signing someone like D. Fifita i'd say (unless it was a 1 year deal).
There are 2 Halfbacks available, Croft and Townsend. I don't like talking about players that are still contracted at other clubs past 2021.
If we just wanted to sign strike players Latrell and D. Fifita for me. We're an effort team and need some explosive players. That would eat up almost 2/3's of what we have to spend tho.
Latrell and Fifita, what a prospect. If this was the case then we’ll have to go with Townsend as a half.

This would bring a good balance in the team. If you look at the pairing of halves in the top four, a lot of experience. Townsend would be great for Foz.

But in all saying this there has to be room for retaining some of our own prospect players who deserve an upgrade

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kennel inside joke
Just research Indiandog was a member until a few months back
But he’s new and a water boy who’s just joined lol, why would he care haha.. I’ve been here over a year and don’t even know the “inside” kennel joke :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell and Fifita, what a prospect. If this was the case then we’ll have to go with Townsend as a half.

This would bring a good balance in the team. If you look at the pairing of halves in the top four, a lot of experience. Townsend would be great for Foz.

But in all saying this there has to be room for retaining some of our own prospect players who deserve an upgrade
There is a problem with Townsend. He's on 550k. If the Sharks want to retain him we'd have to offer 700k+ to get him and on a 2-4 year contract (he's turning 29 next year).

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
There is a problem with Townsend. He's on 550k. If the Sharks want to retain him we'd have to offer 700k+ to get him and on a 2-4 year contract.
Wow!! And it’s most likely the sharks will want to retain him after letting Flanagan go..

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have ALOT of money to spend come Nov 1, but a decent chunk of it needs to be retained for re-signing current players, guys like:

Cogger or Lewis (we may have to choose)
DWZ
Hoppa
Jackson
JMK
Reimis
Toomaga
Wakeham

Some of these guys are on budget deals and will be after decent upgrades if they take big steps in 2020
Would love to see Lewis put on 6-8kgs work on his acceleration in the off season. Could be a very handy lock similar to Wade Graham

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Sonny can get fucked. He would only be coming to eat up our cap space.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Also put the coward episode aside, how do we know he still has it? Can we afford that risk?
He maybe slower but he demands success, from himself and others. I hated him but the roosters are a better club because of sbw , cronk and others who are total professionals. Sbw n cronk will be as valuable through the week around the club as they are on game day.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He maybe slower but he demands success, from himself and others. I hated him but the roosters are a better club because of sbw , cronk and others who are total professionals. Sbw n cronk will be as valuable through the week around the club as they are on game day.

I don’t agree

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW is too old to play NRL. His body is ruined.
You can be 50 and still play Union at the highest level - maybe not for the All Blacks but easily for Japan.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SBW is too old to play NRL. His body is ruined.
You can be 50 and still play Union at the highest level - maybe not for the All Blacks but easily for Japan.
https://rugbyonslaught.com/watch-the-japanese-veteran-rugby-team-that-has-an-86-year-old-player/

WATCH: The Japanese veteran rugby team that has an 86-year-old player
An over 40’s team in Japan has an average age of well over 50 and it is brilliant to see the effect that it is having on those players. The Japanese team is called Tokyo’s Fuwaka Rugby Club and the team consists of players that are playing well past the age of the normal retirement age.

One of the players in this team is a Japanese doctor called Ryuichi Nagayama and he is 86-years-old. Nagayama is the oldest member of the club and he has a brilliant philosophy to when it comes to playing rugby at his age.

The Japanese veteran said:

“You tackle and battle, but the gathering after the game is so enjoyable and fun. We talk about how each other played and noone gets angry about how we played. The atmosphere is great”.

Playing rugby, of course, carries with it many risks. The doctor stated that he knows the risks that come with playing a contact sport at such a great age. Nagayama said that he has broken ribs playing for Fuwake, as well as his collarbone.

CREDIT: South China Morning Post

The doctor continued, saying:

When I notice and irregular pulse, I take medicine to compensate. So I can still do it. No , I can’t stand not playing, that’s it. This may sound strange, but I lost my wife years ago and now I say, I don’t mind dying playing rugby”.

It’s safe to say that the bond created from playing rugby is irreversible. It’s apparent from watching this video that these players are playing for the enjoyment and nothing else.

Looking at Europe and across the UK and Ireland, it’s apparent that the veteran scene is alive and well. Royston Rugby Club is one of the most popular veteran teams around and they commonly have players that are over 60.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
IF the NRL allow him to play on a small contract the club would be crazy not to let him play a year or two. Even just for the professionalism, guidance to the young guys and marketing opportunities alone

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SBW is.a idk cause he has been in and out but he may be a bit old now but fafita yes but.wont happen

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is a problem with Townsend. He's on 550k. If the Sharks want to retain him we'd have to offer 700k+ to get him and on a 2-4 year contract (he's turning 29 next year).
We would NOT have to offer that much for Townsend LOLLLLLL ... we wouldn't have to pay any more than the sharks already are paying him because he is SHIT and there aren't many takers for him IF and WHEN he does come off-contract.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Till this day the Roosters talk of SBW's professionalms and work ethic for the short time he was there. He won that GF against Manly for them on his own and even Des and Manly said he was the difference between the two teams.