SBW, halfback and 2 explosive backs

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m a rookie within the kennel and have read a lot of negative and positive posts and feedback on different subjects and one thing it falls down to is PASSION..so it’s been great.

This is my first post so here I go;

If there’s one person that can take the boys to a GF is SBW!! I know he walked out and the club and fans are still hurting but that was a decade ago and in his defence he was just a kid.

I’m sure he’ll love to finish where his career started (forget the roosters) it would be great for the club too.

Moving forward, I think just having his presence would give the players especially the young forward pack a massive boost of confidence, determination and a real winning attitude.

He’s been very successful in both RL and union.

Next step is a half back who can actually run the show and direct. But who is also consistent with good management experience along with a great kicking game. Lewis and Cogger are great but lack direction themselves. Maybe it’s a case of getting Andrew Johns in the preseason to help these two young boys.

We really need a leader in this role to compliment FOZ who needs to be freed up to play his own style of footy.

Lastly, two explosive backs with speed and power. We could even buy David Fifita to fill a centre position? He’ll be great!! We need backs who are not just great defensively but who can break the game open, who can make continuous metres, who can just punch holes at speed and score tries. And who are always there supporting the forwards in case of an offload.

Well that’s it folks my first post..your thoughts?

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Welcome brother. While I can't agree with SBW, would love Fifita in our colours.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
It would be a dream come true lol.. I’m sure there’s space in the salary cap
We have ALOT of money to spend come Nov 1, but a decent chunk of it needs to be retained for re-signing current players, guys like:

Cogger or Lewis (we may have to choose)
DWZ
Hoppa
Jackson
JMK
Reimis
Toomaga
Wakeham

Some of these guys are on budget deals and will be after decent upgrades if they take big steps in 2020

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome Snoop, good first thread.

I don't know how I feel about SBW. I would have been alot happier if he made things right a few years ago rather than going to the roosters.

Reactions: DT

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score

I don't know how I feel about SBW. I would have been alot happier if he made things right a few years ago rather than going to the roosters.
That’s a good point!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have ALOT of money to spend come Nov 1, but a decent chunk of it needs to be retained for re-signing current players, guys like:

Cogger or Lewis (we may have to choose)
DWZ
Hoppa
Jackson
JMK
Reimis
Toomaga
Wakeham

Some of these guys are on budget deals and will be after decent upgrades if they take big steps in 2020
By a lot you mean 3-4m? There are more players then you've listed that we'll retain. Also Napa (650k), CHN (probably 400k?) and Stimson (200-300k?) are still going to be on the books.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
SBW will stop us from signing someone like D. Fifita i'd say (unless it was a 1 year deal).
There are 2 Halfbacks available, Croft and Townsend. I don't like talking about players that are still contracted at other clubs past 2021.
If we just wanted to sign strike players Latrell and D. Fifita for me. We're an effort team and need some explosive players. That would eat up almost 2/3's of what we have to spend tho.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
By a lot you mean 3-4m? There are more players then you've listed that we'll retain. Also Napa (650k), CHN (probably 400k?) and Stimson (200-300k?) are still going to be on the books.
Not sure exact figures, but yes millions. The guys you have listed aren't off contract at the end of 2020.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Also put the coward episode aside, how do we know he still has it? Can we afford that risk?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure exact figures, but yes millions. The guys you have listed aren't off contract at the end of 2020.
Yes, that's why I listed them. The salary cap in 2021 will be 9.9m. We'd probably allocate 2.5m of that for 18-30 in our top 30. That leaves us with about 7.4m. Then you have to add (deduct?) players who we're retaining and players past 2021 still contracted to the salary cap.

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Also put the coward episode aside, how do we know he still has it? Can we afford that risk?
I believe he still has it..this is a player who thrives on contact..a player without fear..that most players fear..regardless of age..he will be a valuable asset for a one year contract

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I believe he still has it..this is a player who thrives on contact..a player without fear..that most players fear..regardless of age..he will be a valuable asset for a one year contract
Well if there is any truth in this rumour and he does come back, I hope you are right.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m a rookie within the kennel and have read a lot of negative and positive posts and feedback on different subjects and one thing it falls down to is PASSION..so it’s been great.

This is my first post so here I go;

If there’s one person that can take the boys to a GF is SBW!! I know he walked out and the club and fans are still hurting but that was a decade ago and in his defence he was just a kid.

I’m sure he’ll love to finish where his career started (forget the roosters) it would be great for the club too.

Moving forward, I think just having his presence would give the players especially the young forward pack a massive boost of confidence, determination and a real winning attitude.

He’s been very successful in both RL and union.

Next step is a half back who can actually run the show and direct. But who is also consistent with good management experience along with a great kicking game. Lewis and Cogger are great but lack direction themselves. Maybe it’s a case of getting Andrew Johns in the preseason to help these two young boys.

We really need a leader in this role to compliment FOZ who needs to be freed up to play his own style of footy.

Lastly, two explosive backs with speed and power. We could even buy David Fifita to fill a centre position? He’ll be great!! We need backs who are not just great defensively but who can break the game open, who can make continuous metres, who can just punch holes at speed and score tries. And who are always there supporting the forwards in case of an offload.

Well that’s it folks my first post..your thoughts?
Are Indian or a paki by any chance ?

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
SBW will stop us from signing someone like D. Fifita i'd say (unless it was a 1 year deal).
There are 2 Halfbacks available, Croft and Townsend. I don't like talking about players that are still contracted at other clubs past 2021.
If we just wanted to sign strike players Latrell and D. Fifita for me. We're an effort team and need some explosive players. That would eat up almost 2/3's of what we have to spend tho.

Are Indian or a paki by any chance ?