Say goodbye to the Upset

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nrl has sadly become way too predictable and you can say Goodbye to the upset in the game.... looks like the same hand full of teams will always be on the top and the rest fighting for crumbs, the way the game is played nowadays.
The gap between the top and the bottom is fucking disgusting, Putrid.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nrl has sadly become way too predictable and you can say Goodbye to the upset in the game.... looks like the same hand full of teams will always be on the top and the rest fighting for crumbs, the way the game is played nowadays.
The gap between the top and the bottom is fucking disgusting, Putrid.
Absolutely mate. The 6 again has changed the game too much, and given referees too much influence. I’m bitter we are shite, but anyone who has watched the game over any length of time can see it’s crap now. Glorified touch football

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Favours the better attacking teams..

Who has the better attack? The teams with the best attacking players and those have had their spines playing together for a while..

So if you are a rebuilding team now, with a new spine you have little hope..

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game is s**t these days all geared towards the top sides doubt vlandys gives a shit only interested in profits everyone all over vlandys d**k for “saving” the game from a virus that didn’t kill any other codes will look up in 3 years time and not recognise the sport they’re watching sad state of affairs

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The six again isn't ruining our play , it's the lack of hard hitting forwards..softest forward pack in history. There's also a lot of dumb looks .. they need to buy proper forwards .. men should be playing not school kids or reformed shitheads like napa.. Napa needs to go

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The value of the kick has never been so prevalent, they knew our defense was up and kicking over us was too easy.
Hope we never waste a last tackle kick again.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fine with 6 again . But I think the scrum should have remained for kicks to sideline , stops set moves and also stops strategy with kick to change tempo of game . That change was not needed

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The six again isn't ruining our play , it's the lack of hard hitting forwards..softest forward pack in history. There's also a lot of dumb looks .. they need to buy proper forwards .. men should be playing not school kids or reformed shitheads like napa.. Napa needs to go
The six again rule is killing the game period. Irrelevant to the Bulldogs plight.

It is the worst decision the NRL have made in their history. It needs to be scrapped.

The referees end up with way to much influence on the result. The better team will always win the 50-50 calls. Giving them a better than even share of possession. Thus from a fitness point of view gassing the lesser team. Leading to almost guaranteed blowout scores. With zero chance of upset results.

In something as simple as the tipping comp I’m in at work. There are 62 people in the comp. 19 got perfect rounds last week. With two games to go this week 14 are still on perfect rounds. The results are way to predictable. It will be interesting to see how the bookies are going. They must be taking a bath.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The six again rule is killing the game period. Irrelevant to the Bulldogs plight.

It is the worst decision the NRL have made in their history. It needs to be scrapped.

The referees end up with way to much influence on the result. The better team will always win the 50-50 calls. Giving them a better than even share of possession. Thus from a fitness point of view gassing the lesser team. Leading to almost guaranteed blowout scores. With zero chance of upset results.

In something as simple as the tipping comp I’m in at work. There are 62 people in the comp. 19 got perfect rounds last week. With two games to go this week 14 are still on perfect rounds. The results are way to predictable. It will be interesting to see how the bookies are going. They must be taking a bath.
Funny enough, I have gambled on pretty much every NRL game for the last ten years. Turning over a decent sum each week (making an ok profit)
I have completely stopped this year. I had a pretty big bet on Brisbane vs titans around $3.80 got burned completely and will not bet again the rules change. I think it’s a lot worse for the punter as there is zero value and no chance to trade on outsiders making a game of it. Hence, I’ve been watching a lot less footy. I use to revolve my weekend around it now I only watch if I’m home.
HATE the new rule, so does everyone else I speak to.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
6 again is not ruining our play, it's ruining the entire game.
I agree. I watched most the games this weekend and noticed that the majority of the stadiums seem to be getting emptier with every round! As a fan you can except the fact that your team may have a loss but no one wants to pay to go and see their team get slaughtered!! This is what the new 6 again rule is doing!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Last night we already saw Melbourne starting to manipulate the rule by holding on even longer in the ruck the tackle after the set restart is given.

They have realised that giving one extra tackle to ensure their line is set for the rest of the set is more important and they have slowed the offensive team down... NRL is a joke, rule is a joke..

They should have just kept the system but implemented a 5min sin bin for constant offending.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Upset coming in tigers cowboys game.... Lol