Saving my sisters life... - Fundraiser for 5yr Lilis overseas treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've started writing this post quite a few times now trying to find the best way to start it....

I'm feeling numb, I feel absolutely nothing at the moment. We've been at the children's hospital since the afternoon, it's now 2am.

They've made Lili as comfortable as possible and told us to just sit by her side.
I've spent the last 12hours going through every emotion just to end up here feeling nothing at all.
I'm watching my sweet girl take the last breaths of her life. They said the process is different for everyone, it could be a few hours... she could battle on for another day, but regardless of time, her body is finally giving in.

She's so peaceful at the moment, I knew this was inevitable, but part of me is relieved to see her so calm and free of pain, even though it means I'm losing part of me.

I don't know if she'll still be with us by the morning or when anyone sees this. I also don't know when I'll be able to get back on and let everyone know the outcome.

I just want everyone to know, your love and kindness gave me that little bit of strength to carry on for a little longer throughout this time and I love you so dearly all for it.

Still thinking of you mate and your family. God bless.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The last time I posted here, I still remember pretty clearly, it was the early hours of the morning, there was a light rain and I was sitting outside the hospital preparing myself for the worst... much like right now.

From day one they gave our little princess little chance, she defied the odds over and over... she absolutely refused to give in everytime they gave her a timeframe.
They said she wouldn't make it past 2 weeks when she was first diagnosed, she proved them wrong.
They said she had less than a 15% shot at lasting a few months after that, she defied those odds.
They said she wouldn't see her 3rd birthday, it was no surprise that she broke that barrier and soldiered on.
Earlier this year, she was taken to hospital and we were told to say our last goodbyes on a daily basis every single day for over a month... It slowly became obvious as each day passed that Lili was not going to leave us as quick as they said.

So my family decided to bring her home and continue treating her with medications from around the world in hopes that something would work.
My parents worked around the clock tending to her every need, working on 2 hours of sleep every day and spending the rest by her side. Never leaving her alone for a second.
I've never witnessed 2 people do the things they've managed to endure for so long.

Unfortunately, as hard as my baby girl fought, her little body decided enough was enough last night.

It obvious now what she was fighting for... what she was waiting for... Her 6th birthday.
They told her she'd never see her 6th birthday. She held on with every ounce of her being to see this day, and she did.

There's not much anyone can do to prepare for the loss of an angel. Tonight the piece that held my world together has gone.
I feel a little relief knowing she's not in pain anymore, but the regret I feel that my daughter's will grow older and their memories of their aunty will fade and eventually they will forget her is tearing me apart. There wasn't a single person in the world who use to look at me with the amount of love she had in her eyes. I would walk into a crowded room and her eyes would lock on me instantly and wouldn't look away till I gave her my full attention and sat by her side. She was my #1 fan, and I, forever hers.

If only our love could keep her alive, she'd live forever.

Lili
20/04/2011
20/04/2017

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The last time I posted here, I still remember pretty clearly, it was the early hours of the morning, there was a light rain and I was sitting outside the hospital preparing myself for the worst... much like right now.

From day one they gave our little princess little chance, she defied the odds over and over... she absolutely refused to give in everytime they gave her a timeframe.
They said she wouldn't make it past 2 weeks when she was first diagnosed, she proved them wrong.
They said she had less than a 15% shot at lasting a few months after that, she defied those odds.
They said she wouldn't see her 3rd birthday, it was no surprise that she broke that barrier and soldiered on.
Earlier this year, she was taken to hospital and we were told to say our last goodbyes on a daily basis every single day for over a month... It slowly became obvious as each day passed that Lili was not going to leave us as quick as they said.

So my family decided to bring her home and continue treating her with medications from around the world in hopes that something would work.
My parents worked around the clock tending to her every need, working on 2 hours of sleep every day and spending the rest by her side. Never leaving her alone for a second.
I've never witnessed 2 people do the things they've managed to endure for so long.

Unfortunately, as hard as my baby girl fought, her little body decided enough was enough last night.

It obvious now what she was fighting for... what she was waiting for... Her 6th birthday.
They told her she'd never see her 6th birthday. She held on with every ounce of her being to see this day, and she did.

There's not much anyone can do to prepare for the loss of an angel. Tonight the piece that held my world together has gone.
I feel a little relief knowing she's not in pain anymore, but the regret I feel that my daughter's will grow older and their memories of their aunty will fade and eventually they will forget her is tearing me apart. There wasn't a single person in the world who use to look at me with the amount of love she had in her eyes. I would walk into a crowded room and her eyes would lock on me instantly and wouldn't look away till I gave her my full attention and sat by her side. She was my #1 fan, and I, forever hers.

Lili
20/04/2011
20/04/2017
What a beautiful family , I'm so sorry about Lili ,may she be at peace .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There are no words that can express my sadness and sorrow at your loss.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with your family at this tough time.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condolences to you, your family and the newest angel.

xc

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So sad bro. Best of luck wish your sister well

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Lili
20/04/2011
20/04/2017

it is just one fucked up day for me for various reasons.

this news didnt help it, but i am sure my day is not fucked up as yours bro.

She is right there in Jannat ul Firdaus bro.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear mate. It's a completely fucked up thing to go through but you know that we're all hear for you.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just read this thread from the start and it has torn my heart out
I am so sorry for your family's loss
Rest in peace Lilli

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rest in peace Lili.

Thoughts are with you Trendsetter and your family.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's my little sisters birthday RIP Lilli

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So sorry to hear to hear this news, RIP Lili and my deepest condolences to you and your family.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Very sad news, rest in peace Lili.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dude that is rough!! Thoughts & prayers are with you & your family!!

R.I.P Lili

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score

Lili
20/04/2011
20/04/2017
There are no words that can be expressed to either relieve your loss and pain or to express our feelings.
Never let go of the memories.
"To live in the hearts of those you leave behind is not to die, but to live forever."
I doubt anyone will ever completely forget your little angel - she will have left something good in each and every heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.