Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Samsung's iPhone clone

February 11, 2007
Samsung's new Ultra Smart F700 mobile phone that features some of the sleek design and functions found in Apple's much-hyped iPhone.

Samsung's new Ultra Smart F700 mobile phone that features some of the sleek design and functions found in Apple's much-hyped iPhone.

Samsung has unveiled a new mobile phone that features some of the sleek design and functions of Apple's much-hyped iPhone.

Samsung's Ultra Smart F700 will be exhibited at next week's 3GSM World Congress, a telecommunications exhibition in Barcelona, Samsung spokeswoman Sonia Kim said on Friday.

Mobile phone makers have been scrambling to match the iPhone, unveiled last month by Apple CEO
Steve Jobs. The device, which will be available starting in June, marks the iPod and
Mac computer maker's entry into the mobile phone business.

The ultra-thin iPhone is controlled by touching the screen a large touch screen, plays music, surfs the Internet, and runs a version of the Mac OS X operating system, among other functions.

Samsung said the Ultra Smart F700 also has a full touch screen as well as a traditional QWERTY key pad that slides out "for users who are not yet familiar with a touch-screen-only user interface."

The phone can also access the internet, play music, take pictures, show videos, handle e-mail and share photos, said Samsung, the world's third-largest manufacturer of mobile phone handsets.

Its third-generation (3G) technology is considerably faster than the iPhone's EDGE system, and its 5-megapixel camera outclasses the iPhone's 2-megapixel camera.

"The Ultra Smart F700 is a good example of how (the) mobile phone will evolve in the future," Choi Gee-sung, president of Samsung's Telecommunications Network Business, said in a statement on Thursday.

Apple's iPhone will cost $US599 for the high-end model.

Kim, the Samsung spokeswoman, said marketing plans for the Ultra Smart F700 remain unclear because the company wants to see what kind of reaction it receives at the Barcelona show.

Last month, Samsung rival LG Electronics Co. announced its own touch-screen mobile phone, the KE850 Prada.

The LG phone, produced in partnership with the Italian fashion brand, is to go on sale in late February for $US780 at mobile phone dealers and Prada stores in Britain, France, Germany and Italy. It is to be launched in Asia in March.

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good, i never was an Apple fan.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
IMO, It's prettier than the iPhone...I'd take this over the ****ty 2mpx iPhone. Also, who doesn't have an iPod anyways?

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
That's a sick phone!! I hope sony ericsson makes something good

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
IMO, It's prettier than the iPhone...I'd take this over the ****ty 2mpx iPhone. Also, who doesn't have an iPod anyways?
I dont have an ipod and never have...

My mp3 cds in the car do me fine, and when would i have time to listen to **** on an ipod

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Irivers are better anyways!!! They even were voted best mp3 player

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't like Samsungs i'm not a fan of their phones.

A

Abz

Who cares about it altogether. Get a phone that calls/msgs that's all you need.

If you want mp3s, buy a $50 mp3 player rather than a 4000MB iPod

If you want Internet, YOu'RE ON THE INTERNET NOW :p

G

Grahams Guinea Pig

Samsung sh*ts all over Nokia come to think about it anything sh*ts on Nokia even me

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Abz said:
Who cares about it altogether. Get a phone that calls/msgs that's all you need.

If you want mp3s, buy a $50 mp3 player rather than a 4000MB iPod

If you want Internet, YOu'RE ON THE INTERNET NOW :p
But why would you want to do that? When all you have to do is carry one device instead 2-3. ;)

A

Abz

But why would you want to do that? When all you have to do is carry one device instead 2-3. ;)
$150 phone that calls/msgs
$50 mp3 player

$200 all up.

That phones going to cost $AUD 700!

Save $500 :D

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Abz said:
$150 phone that calls/msgs
$50 mp3 player

$200 all up.

That phones going to cost $AUD 700!

Save $500 :D
What about a PDA or a camera? So you can keep track of all important things, capture a few happy snaps. Maybe even get on-line to check your e-mails. That's another $400 - $500 & 4 device's to carry. Where is the convenience in that? When you can have all 4 or more device's in built into 1. ;)

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
These phones will get become majorly cheap once mass production begins. I dont think you're paying for the technology in the phone but more the research and development. Hold out guys.
For me i'm purchasing the sony ericsson w950i, that is such a sweet phone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.