Same Play, Different Rules.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I take off my blue and white "eyes" and watch games not involving the dogs - no emotion in the result - there seems to be different rules and expectations for Souths. I know they were the favoured team in 2014 - but it continues year after year week after week. The penalties are subtle but predictable, whenever in trouble getting out of their 20 - penalty, fifth tackle penalties, the "7 metre rule" in defense.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The referees are just incompetent and inconsistent

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was in charge of the club I would hire someone with knowledge to compare a lot of our penalties and no try’s compared to other teams and have a whole slideshow of it and bring it up with nrl.... it won’t achieve anything now but it could lean up the decisions next year.... I’m not just saying it’s our team but several teams are favoured a lot more then others and unfortunately we always seem to get the dud calls against us

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dean pay said it best “it’s like we’re just not meant to win”. We really have had a bad run of 50-50 calls going against us the last couple of years.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean pay said it best “it’s like we’re just not meant to win”. We really have had a bad run of 50-50 calls going against us the last couple of years.
Now that is truth !!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If he said that than that's good. It's telling them he knows what they are doing without saying it and copping bullshit fines from the incompetent dumb ***** "running" the league.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve always tried to avoid blaming refs for losses but there is no doubt we get fucking smashed week in week out and have done for several years now

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I’ve always tried to avoid blaming refs for losses but there is no doubt we get fucking smashed week in week out and have done for several years now
The bigger the game the more likely we are too get fucked on. Remember Billy Slaters push in the back on a flying Jmoz chasing a kick only 10 metres out from the try line in the gf.

20 metre restart lol.

It was at the very least a professional foul sin bin offense at the time. Now it would be awarded a penalty try

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When I take off my blue and white "eyes" and watch games not involving the dogs - no emotion in the result - there seems to be different rules and expectations for Souths. I know they were the favoured team in 2014 - but it continues year after year week after week. The penalties are subtle but predictable, whenever in trouble getting out of their 20 - penalty, fifth tackle penalties, the "7 metre rule" in defense.
That **** Burgess always drops it, looks up at the ref and gets the penalty

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Depend who channel 9 are loving...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I put it down to gambling. The NRL work hand in hand with their sponsors to rake in the biggest profit they can. People make emotional bets on their team. Clubs with huge fan bases are regularly screwed by the referees. Despite the inexperienced roster we have, quite a few games this year would have been ours if not for poor calls denying us tries or gifting them to our opponents. I'm not saying we've been a superb team this year. But we'd be finals bound if we hadn't been shat on by the refs in even two of our close losses.

I bleed blue and white, but the constant bias against us has me close to walking away from the game for good. It's not only our club copping it. It happens with rep games and to other clubs too. We just pay more attention to it when it's our team.

Banned
Reaction score
Is where we need a multimillionaire to tap Toddy on the shoulder and express that his company will not invest in NRL due to said issues, and he's not alone.
It's considered an unwise investment in the executive world.