Sam walker

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
If the Panthers pump some extra money into Burton, is there anything stopping him from backflipping on his deal with the Bulldogs?
Nope, they cant offer him a halves position he wants

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We got flanno lol, no way we get the guy they were clearing space for .!!!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the Panthers pump some extra money into Burton, is there anything stopping him from backflipping on his deal with the Bulldogs?
Not unless our club is an absolute pussy and actually let him backflip. Wouldn't surprise me nowadays if our club would do that

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pretty good source at the club and can confirm 100% the dogs will get Walker. Don’t let the reports saying he has re-signed with the roosters fool you.

He can’t wait to form a spine with Papenhausen and Grant next year (they are also done deals).

Taumololo has also leased a one bedroom apartment above a kebab shop in Belmore so he will wear the number 13 next year.

I can’t reveal my source but I can say that it rhymes with Pisaac ....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I read actually that they are having real trouble paying Walker decent money and will have to backend his contract heavily.
This article from 2018 but there is one sentence which sort of contradicts the whole thing.....highlighted sentences...Is this what the Rorters are angling for?????

The NRL will refuse to register back-ended contracts from next year, while player transfer windows to coincide with State of Origin and the end of the season may be introduced by 2020.

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg declared a ban on heavily back-ended contracts
after a meeting of club bosses on Wednesday and also announced that a working party had been established to investigate the feasibility of a trade period for signing players.

Greenberg said clubs were in favour of ending the practice whereby players are paid below market value in the first year of their contracts and then receive an over-inflated amount in later years to manipulate the salary cap.

Canterbury officials have banned the practice after becoming hamstrung in their ability to recruit and retain players due to back-ended deals negotiated by the previous regime, while Manly, Parramatta and Penrith are other clubs to have had salary cap problems blamed on the practice.

Greenberg said the clubs had wanted the NRL to "help us help ourselves".

"In really broad terms what we are not going to allow is a contract to come on the table for $200,000 in the first year and $600,000 in the second year. We are just not going to allow that to happen anymore," Greenberg said.

"Historically we have left the decision up to clubs to manage their salary caps but there is a clear appetite from the clubs for us to put rules in place.

"There is a very small number of examples, albeit problematic ones, where clubs have got into trouble ... and that has hurt so there's a desire for us to get involved and ensure that doesn't happen again."

Greenberg said the NRL salary cap auditor would still register contracts in which a rising star was offered a significant increase in the value of his deal.

"We are not going to stop any player receiving what they are worth on the open market," Greenberg said. "But we have to stop clubs pushing payments to later years to reduce salary cap pressure in the short term.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will never leave the Roosters but would be a good publicity thing to openly offer him $1m a year for 5 years.

Then see what he officially signs for at the Roosters. He signs for $500k then surely the NRL need to have a close look at that.
You would imagine so but they will just say he is a young player and it is reasonable for the Roosters to offer him a salary commensurate with that.