Sam Walker an example for Flanogan

GotheDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sam Walker showed tonight against Warriors that you need to draw a couple of defenders before you pass the ball. If you watch Flanagan he often releases the ball way to early on a set play making easy pickings for the defense. Barrett really needs to get the kid aside and change this ASAP.

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sam Walker showed tonight against Warriors that you need to draw a couple of defenders before you pass the ball. If you watch Flanagan he often releases the ball way to early on a set play making easy pickings for the defense. Barrett really needs to get the kid aside and change this ASAP.
Fully agree with this take!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just wrote this in another thread..... 100%

But the forwards.. lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sam walker is a lot quicker then Flanagan so he is going to attract more defenders to him... I don’t think Flanagan could do that

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm as repetitive as all fuck about this and here I go again. Service out of the ruck is our killer.

GotheDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well he will need to ..the dogs need him to take control when we are attacking the opposition line ..

GotheDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
You can assume Flanno didn’t aim up in the finals ..he can’t just be a passenger ..he needs to be the driver

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sam walker is a lot quicker then Flanagan so he is going to attract more defenders to him... I don’t think Flanagan could do that
Foran is slower than a wet week and he managed to engage the defensive line..

It is so vital in the current state of play.. if you don't engage them then you are essentially not making them have to choose an option... Hence why defenses have no trouble reading our attack..

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno looks like a robotic 7

Walkers looks like a genuine halfback
You could say the same of Cleary 2 seasons ago.
Now he is regularly described as one of the best players in the NRL.
Flannel.may never develop to the level of Cleary, however he is young, inexperienced & cheap at this point. He is also playing in a rubbish team with the forwards getting owned by all packs we have played to this point..... I think he deserves a little slack. The rorters may be down players but those that are currently playing are better than most of ours. This makes walkers job a fair bit easier than what Flanno is dealing with..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could say the same of Cleary 2 seasons ago.
Now he is regularly described as one of the best players in the NRL.
Flannel.may never develop to the level of Cleary, however he is young, inexperienced & cheap at this point. He is also playing in a rubbish team with the forwards getting owned by all packs we have played to this point..... I think he deserves a little slack. The rorters may be down players but those that are currently playing are better than most of ours. This makes walkers job a fair bit easier than what Flanno is dealing with..
Cleary was hit and miss when he debuted.. he wasn't miss and miss and miss again..

The forward argument is rubbish to be honest.. it gets over used.. they certainly can receive part of the blame, but not to extent of defending the crap flanagan has dished up in the past 3 games..

Re watch the game and watch flanagans handles in prime attacking position and then try and blame the forwards..

Malla

Reaction score
Hard to compare. Actually can’t be compared. Walker is playing behind a world class forward pack that is always on the front foot. They’re always winning the ruck and up for a quick play the ball giving him more time with the ball. Poor flanno has to wait half an hour for our fat forwards to get up off their ass and play the ball lol
Roosters always have bodies in motion, such a well coached team.

Malla

Reaction score
Cleary was hit and miss when he debuted.. he wasn't miss and miss and miss again..

The forward argument is rubbish to be honest.. it gets over used.. they certainly can receive part of the blame, but not to extent of defending the crap flanagan has dished up in the past 3 games..

Re watch the game and watch flanagans handles in prime attacking position and then try and blame the forwards..
Watch the roosters game again lol walker was standing second receiver when attacking, had a forward inside him running unders line that drew 1+1 defenders in and Manu on his outside creating a draw and pass overlap. Whixh defence in the Comp is gonna fall for a inside ball to josh Jackson? Lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said the same thing in the general discussion thread.. Walker's talent was obvious tonight and he looked so composed and confident in his first game..

All great halves play with confidence and Flanagan has none. He's too indecisive and doesn't have enough vision, creativity and no running game. He showed the same flaws at Cronulla and the Roosters.. Barring massive improvement, Flanagan won't be with us beyond 22.. I hope Barrett can get the best out of Flanagan til then so he can prove us wrong..

Hopefully by 2023, Khaled Rajab is ready to partner Burton and some of our other standouts from our great junior batch can make the leap to FG..