Sam Perrett to replace Barba in FB while he is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
OP's quote has been taken out off context. Hasler stated that Perrett was the 'logical replacement' at that point in the game. He isn't saying Perrett is the logical replacement for Barba this week. Expect Drury Low to return.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd have been interested to see Lafai at fullback. With speed to burn, and with space for kick returns, add in his footwork and I reckon he could really cause sides some trouble.
100% agree on fb option for lafai but only in attacking movements.. Perrett for defending and general play.. Lafai for those sweeping moves where he can chime in on both sides of the ruck and off the forwards. big gamble but would be great to see.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Drury Low put in a fine effort in his last stint at no 1 against the Storm earlier in the year, it was only 3-4 games he'd had and he was starting to fire, nothing wrong with this kid either, a big off season and and another 5 kg of muscle and he could well produce the goods.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I'd have been interested to see Lafai at fullback. With speed to burn, and with space for kick returns, add in his footwork and I reckon he could really cause sides some trouble.
I'd be more interested in your take on barba not being with us next year. considering your inside knowledge of the situation and all. *waits excitedly for thumbs down*

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah don't think they they should mix wit the balance so much and see if livewire Lafai can play fullback?

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
Perrett played well In defence but in attack just didn't look comfortable, drury low did well there earlier this year I hope he gets the number 1 jersey. As for lafai opposition centres find it far too easy to get on his outside and at fullback you dont have the luxury of inside defenders or a winger the opposition will have a field day with lafai a fullback.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have full confidence in Perrett at the #1. It might even do the team good to play without Barba for a while.

When Barba comes back for the finals, he will not have much time to show the world what he can do which should mean he will come back fired up as all hell.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sam took a little while to settle on Friday. This was due to the squad working around Benny as fullback. To give him his due, he adapted to the role, and kept us safe. He even made one Barba-type run bringing back the ball from a kick.

Sam is very good at running us out of danger; which is something we need on our own line.

Status
Not open for further replies.