Not open for further replies.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did I just hear Perrett has been released by the Roosters

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
sam perrett will be a bulldog as of this week coming.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Who wouldn't want to get out of that club, got absolutely smashed by the Manly Warringan Sea Eagles ;)

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Mad Pup. Has been around all year, been through the pre season, played out the year in NSW cup, gets his chance and dogs recruit perrett. Perrett is a class player and will only strengthen our team. He will be a walk up starter against the tigers. Mad pup played the game with one eye. It was obvious he had vision impairment, but stuck it out. Wonder if he will get a spot in the team? But I doubt Wright will get dropped.

Either way I saw a bit of the Roosters game. Perrett run the ball hard. Good acquisition. Wonder where that leave Turner? Looks like he may be on the outer???

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Turner to take over the Media stuff since old mate is heading elsewhere.. Maybe?

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Mad Pup will hold his spot. If Sam Perrett comes in it will be for Wright.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Mad Pup. Has been around all year, been through the pre season, played out the year in NSW cup, gets his chance and dogs recruit perrett. Perrett is a class player and will only strengthen our team. He will be a walk up starter against the tigers. Mad pup played the game with one eye. It was obvious he had vision impairment, but stuck it out. Wonder if he will get a spot in the team? But I doubt Wright will get dropped.

Either way I saw a bit of the Roosters game. Perrett run the ball hard. Good acquisition. Wonder where that leave Turner? Looks like he may be on the outer???
yeah next year will either be turner in with all the other guys waiting in the lower grades
or
he will either move on elsewhere or take up a post-footy role at the club and lafai, madpup and the rest will fight it out

sure hope he stays, that will be a good backline

barba
turner
morris
inu
perrett

or will the wings swap there? dunno which is most suited to left and right, between turner and perrett

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Mad Pup will hold his spot. If Sam Perrett comes in it will be for Wright.
Why do you think that? Wright has been solid and would be much less likely to be dropped considering he is now a regular and Des tends not to make changes like that.

I think Perrett will replace McDougall.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
Why do you think that? Wright has been solid and would be much less likely to be dropped considering he is now a regular and Des tends not to make changes like that.

I think Perrett will replace McDougall.
I feal sorry for McDougall he puts his body on the line look how busted his face was by the end of the game lol, i did hear today on the roast adam mcdougall saying that luke wants to stay at the dogs and will re sign

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Perrett
3. Morris
4. Inu
5. McDougall

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah next year will either be turner in with all the other guys waiting in the lower grades
or
he will either move on elsewhere or take up a post-footy role at the club and lafai, madpup and the rest will fight it out

sure hope he stays, that will be a good backline

barba
turner
morris
inu
perrett

or will the wings swap there? dunno which is most suited to left and right, between turner and perrett
This! I think that's a really solid backline. Add our forwards into it and its definitely a premiership side

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still speculation, with the Roosters trying to stop his release, rumour that Dogs are after his brother lloyd aswell, offering a fulltime paycheck.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's still speculation, with the Roosters trying to stop his release, rumour that Dogs are after his brother lloyd aswell, offering a fulltime paycheck.
Old news mate. Last weeks Fish and Chip wrap.

J

JamelDiab

I hope he came good attacking and defensive backline.. Barba, Morris, Inu, Perrett, MacDougall and lafai For next season and this season.

WOOF WOOF GO THE DOGGIEZ

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well u heard wrong mate

Sydney Roosters coach Brian Smith to talk with Sam Perrett and Anthony Mitchell to discuss their futures

Sydney Roosters coach Brian Smith will hold talks with Sam Perrett and Anthony Mitchell on Monday to discuss their future with the club.

Perrett had looked set to join Canterbury-Bankstown last week only for the Roosters to pull the plug on the deal at the last minute.

Mitchell is wanted by North Queensland Cowboys ahead of the June 30 deadline after a season-ending injury to hooker James Segayaro and it's believed the Townsville junior is keen to join his hometown club.

Both played in the Roosters' 52-14 loss to Manly on Sunday and Smith said he had no hesitation in selecting them, despite their desire to leave.

"Anthony Mitchell hasn't asked for a release, he's got an offer from the Cowboys for next year and they want him to go," Smith said.

"It's about whether we want to offer him a contract for next year.

"But at the moment he's under contract to us, as is Sam.

"I will speak to both players tomorrow (Monday) and the club will deal with that eventually, but my own attitude to that is that we will continue to work it out."

Perrett, who scored against Manly, told his teammates this week he was leaving to join the Bulldogs and there's been reports the former Kiwi Test star was fuming at being denied the chance to join Des Hasler's in-form side.

Both Perrett and Mitchell refused to talk to the media after the game, but Smith said the situation was part of professional sport.

"Players and coaches and people in business know, this sort of stuff goes on and you have to deal with this professionally and emotionally in some cases," Smith said.

"It's par for the course for professional footy players."

Maybe someone on the roosters board should be having a meeting with Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.