Sam Burgess MEGATHREAD

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone has dobbed him in good and proper
He must have forgotten that her family knows people in high places
Number plate scan from a HWP as hes rolled past.

It does pose the question though. How fucked is his life constantly getting into shit and knowing/not knowing he has no licence / rego and is going back and forth to sth highlands every week

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH, i'd say a lot of foreigners, even those living her for a long time, don't have local licences.
That's a good point.

I worked in London for 18 months in 1982 and 83. Before I departed I gained assistance from the nrma in how to get an international driver's license.

In 2013 my wife and I did a self drive holiday in the UK for 6 weeks. We went to the nrma and were told our Australian license was all we needed. Don't know when the rules changed or if the different lengths of time made a difference.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It does pose the question though. How fucked is his life constantly getting into shit and knowing/not knowing he has no licence / rego and is going back and forth to sth highlands every week
He’s caught out a few streets from the family home,
No coincidence plus on the gear,a real roll model not

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a good point.

I worked in London for 18 months in 1982 and 83. Before I departed I gained assistance from the nrma in how to get an international driver's license.

In 2013 my wife and I did a self drive holiday in the UK for 6 weeks. We went to the nrma and were told our Australian license was all we needed. Don't know when the rules changed or if the different lengths of time made a difference.
I used to get an international permit for driving overseas, but cops and rental car companies just looked at it with confusion, so i stopped bothering. I also lived in the BVI for 8 months in 2004 and never bothered. Having said that, Burgess has lived here for a tad longer than that.

I'm much more concerned about the unregistered car.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Burgess has got an official position with Souths such as a development officer then the NRL imho would have grounds and the jurisdiction to charge him with bringing the game into disrepute

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Burgess was due to collect his young children 30 minutes after allegedly returning a positive cocaine drug test

Sam Burgess was on the way to collect his young children when he was pulled over by police and allegedly returned a positive drug test for cocaine. NSW Police confirmed the former Rabbitohs player tested positive to cocaine during a random roadside drug test and said in a statement he was driving an unregistered car without a license.

The Australian can reveal Burgess was originally meant to collect his children, Poppy, 4, and Billy, 2, at 9am on Monday.

It is understood he missed the collection time and a second pick-up time of 2pm was arranged.

But half an hour before he was due to collect his children, NSW Police pulled him over at 1.30pm on the Hume Highway at Braemar.

“Officers from the Hume traffic and highway patrol were conducting traffic enforcement duties on the Hume Highway at Braemar when they stopped a BMW X5 and spoke to the driver, a 32-year-old man,” a NSW Police spokesman said.

“He was subjected to a random roadside drug test before being taken to Southern Highlands police station where he underwent a secondary oral fluid test. A sample has been sent for further analysis.

“He is due to appear in Moss Vale Local Court on Tuesday 4th May 2021.”

NSW Police said the man had not obtained a driver’s license and was driving an unregistered car.

Burgess was earlier this month found guilty of intimidating his ex-father in law, Mitch Hooke, during an altercation at his Bowral property.

It comes after an investigation in The Australian in October last year exposed allegations of drug-use and domestic violence by the former NRL star.

The Australian reported Burgess has paid up to $25,000 a week into betting apps, waited outside the home of a rival footballer who he blamed for exposing a sexting scandal and discussed wanting to assault him, boasting: “I will get him when I retire.”

The Australian also revealed details of an alleged drug-fuelled bender when a doctor linked to the South Sydney Rabbitohs Club used tranquilliser to sedate Burgess.

It was during this bender that Burgess allegedly was violent towards his now ex-wife Phoebe Burgess, who was 8 months pregnant at the time.

Phoebe Burgess and her family declined to comment.

"Underwent an oral fluid test....." Would've only had to have swabbed the dribbling ****'s shirt to do that
YsIuWoW.jpg
Fucken deadshit.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Burgess has got an official position with Souths such as a development officer then the NRL imho would have grounds and the jurisdiction to charge him with bringing the game into disrepute
He was coaching SG Ball with Sutton wasn't he?
Pretty sure he got stood down from his fox gig last year when the allegations of drug use and domestic violence were first aired.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was coaching SG Ball with Sutton wasn't he?
Pretty sure he got stood down from his fox gig last year when the allegations of drug use and domestic violence were first aired.
Yeah I thought so too. Hope someone has the grapefruits to keep him off our TV screens.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As he has an AVO against him preventing him from contact with his ex father in law one would hope that the destination was not Glenquarry in the Southern Highlands where he lives. As if it was not bad enough that he does not hold a licence nor was the car registered he had drugs in his system when he was going to be picking his children up. He had already missed the arranged time and was due to take custody of them at 2pm in the afternoon.

They are going to get sick of seeing his face in court.............
An AVO will also now be in place for two years, preventing Burgess from visiting the Glenquarry property, or any place where Mr Hooke works or lives during that time.

Ms Burgess admitted to the court in November she and her father had made the choice to hand a 50-page affidavit to The Australian detailing alleged drug use and domestic violence by Burgess. She said she did not want to contribute to the NRL’s toxic system of covering things up.

Burgess remains stood down from his coaching position at the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Both the NRL and the Rabbitohs said no action would be taken against Burgess until the NRL’s own investigation was complete. The findings are set to be finalised in the coming weeks.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score

Lol that’s why I said this cun+s on the shabs for sureeeee I bet he doesn’t even know what day it is