Sam Burgess MEGATHREAD

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow....and we rely on the law and those wielding it to do the right thing...how can things be gotten so wrong?

It is only the intimidation thing in question I assume , what about the other stuff in this particular thread....still to be decided?

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Truth be told I think you and me DD see eye to eye on most things. But this I never agreed with you about.

However, clearly I was wrong. I hate Burgess but no one can argue against the recent ruling. I'm not saying hes innocent, but the Mrs and her father lied about contacting anyone before speaking to the police and the fact they said says something. The fact that they spoke for such a length of time and to who is damning imo.

Some on here should be big enough and say they were wrong. My pure dislike of Burgess clouded my judgement.
You’re a good man Tassie.
Kudos for being willing to make an admission.
Likewise there’s enough about Sam not to like.
As a Bulldog and as a decent person.
Fair chance he will pay a price for other matters, assuming they are proven. I’ve just seen it in person where bitterness leads to false and damaging allegations that can be very difficult to live down and have a bunch of consequences including employment challenges and more. Human nature (some more than others) can lead to the pitchforks coming out based on what they ‘assume’ or ‘think they know’. Classic trial by media. Doesn’t mean it’s actually the case. Innocent until proven guilty. End of. Thanks for your post mate.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wow....and we rely on the law and those wielding it to do the right thing...how can things be gotten so wrong?

It is only the intimidation thing in question, what about the other stuff in this particular thread....
I don’t blame the police for covering their butts and charging him as they are scared it will end in tears but the case was as weak as water once I had seen the evidence.

As for the driving charges, Sam’s got more chance of winning a gold medal for ballet at the Olympics than getting off them

Hope all is well up there. Some of my family have had to evacuate. Stay safe

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Truth be told I think you and me DD see eye to eye on most things. But this I never agreed with you about.

However, clearly I was wrong. I hate Burgess but no one can argue against the recent ruling. I'm not saying hes innocent, but the Mrs and her father lied about contacting anyone before speaking to the police and the fact they said says something. The fact that they spoke for such a length of time and to who is damning imo.

Some on here should be big enough and say they were wrong. My pure dislike of Burgess clouded my judgement.
Good on you mate. I respect that you had your opinion but didn’t tear into a couple of us that offered an alternative view

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You’re a good man Tassie.
Kudos for being willing to make an admission.
Likewise there’s enough about Sam not to like.
As a Bulldog and as a decent person.
Fair chance he will pay a price for other matters, assuming they are proven. I’ve just seen it in person where bitterness leads to false and damaging allegations that can be very difficult to live down and have a bunch of consequences including employment challenges and more. Human nature (some more than others) can lead to the pitchforks coming out based on what they ‘assume’ or ‘think they know’. Classic trial by media. Doesn’t mean it’s actually the case. Innocent until proven guilty. End of. Thanks for your post mate.
Nothing wrong with going toe-to-toe with someone as I think it's perfectly nature to have opposing views on things. BUt, at the same time, if it becomes clear that you've made a bad call, or it's simply not right then you've gotta put your hands up and say "I was wrong"

I got it wrong. 100%. I fucking hate Burgess so I didn't step back and actually think about what what was being said. Looking back on things it doesn't make sense all of that, and no matter how much I hate the **** the right decision has been made.

Think others should stop trying to rip into you when you've done nothign but speak about the facts. As always. Apologise for not supporting you earlier you **** ;)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good on you mate. I respect that you had your opinion but didn’t tear into a couple of us that offered an alternative view
I wanted to ... LOL because I really hate Burgess. But if I had, I'd be apologising even more.

Love alternative views as we've always got to be learning. It's life. School never stops. Or it shouldn't I should say.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wanted to ... LOL because I really hate Burgess. But if I had, I'd be apologising even more.

Love alternative views as we've always got to be learning. It's life. School never stops. Or it shouldn't I should say.
Very true mate. I really wanted Brett Stewart to be guilty too because I’ve always hated the **** haha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very true mate. I really wanted Brett Stewart to be guilty too because I’ve always hated the **** haha
Fucking Brett Stewart. Lots of players I would've loved to have seen go down if I'm being honest.

Hope Burgess gets done on the other shit though. And more importantly Souths get done too!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fucking Brett Stewart. Lots of players I would've loved to have seen go down if I'm being honest.

Hope Burgess gets done on the other shit though. And more importantly Souths get done too!
He will mate but I don’t mind Souths :grinning:

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dont know if you blokes seen this bloke in real life. Man he's a big mother but what got me has the size of his skull. Man it's moon size...MegaHEAD man, HUGE.
Would have hated to try and chuck him out of a joint back when I was doing pub and club security......he'd crush me deluxe.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reports on Foxsports clubs are chasing Burgess...
If the NRLOL allow him to play again then he must be made to pay back the money he got from the medical insurance. If he could bounce a young girl on his shoulders like he did then it couldn't have been that bad.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Since Rabbits used this to get their salary cap back (which I think helped them in signing Jai Arrow?) he shouldn't be allowed back in the game, pretty simple. I would of said the same about Inglis, but he's already back playing.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Rabbits used this to get their salary cap back (which I think helped them in signing Jai Arrow?) he shouldn't be allowed back in the game, pretty simple. I would of said the same about Inglis, but he's already back playing.
or Souths get docked points

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s going to be interesting to see what stance the NRL takes,should he want to make an NRL return Given his recent indiscretions. Makes the medical retirement seem a bit fraudulent too. If he is fit enough to play his contract amount should be deducted from South’s salary cap. If the salary cap system is to have any credibility.