News Sam Burgess hit with drug-driving charge after secondary test results

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Surely they can't keep giving him more rope...he single handedly fucked up he's family... he's Fox career ...how he keeps getting second chances from judges...who does this **** know!! He's an immigrant who gets more favours than most Australians...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pleads guilty and still gets no conviction, fuckin lol that one. So in the end, a slap on the wrist.

"Now Sammy, be a good little boy and no more drugs and driving unlicensed and unregistered"

"Yes mum"
ABC said he retained his licence?

I thought he didn't have an Aussie licence and that was one of the charges?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m waiting for the Gus Gould interview that tells the story of why he went off the rails, that it’s so out of character for him and he deserves another chance.
And it's all the father in laws fault.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surely they can't keep giving him more rope...he single handedly fucked up he's family... he's Fox career ...how he keeps getting second chances from judges...who does this **** know!! He's an immigrant who gets more favours than most Australians...
Give it 6 months, he'll be calling the GF on Fox and Asst Coach at Souths.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Happy with punishment. Was it not just a first offence driving under the influence?? He attended rehab afterwards, ticked the boxes what’s the problem. I’ve known people to get similar sentences to this for same offence. Remember he was proven innocent of previous charges, so they shouldn’t come into this.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw the nine news break and they reported the headline as "Sam Burgess pleads guilty to a number of driving offences".

If it were a Dogs player they would have said "Bulldogs star NAME pleads guilty to a number of serious driving offences, including driving under the influence of illegal drugs".

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Happy with punishment. Was it not just a first offence driving under the influence?? He attended rehab afterwards, ticked the boxes what’s the problem. I’ve known people to get similar sentences to this for same offence. Remember he was proven innocent of previous charges, so they shouldn’t come into this.
Driving without a valid license as well. Let that sort of crap go through to the keeper and every crackhead and just general lowlife fuckwit will take it as a green light to drive on our streets without having to worry about the hassle of obtaining a license. He needs a huge kick up the arse to make him pull his head in IMO, not continual slaps on the wrist.