Sam Burgess and wife Phoebe separate less than a month after birth of second child

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Briana Domjen / Jonathon Moran / Lydia Pedrana, The Daily Telegraph

5 minutes ago

Subscriber only

Three years after their lavish Bowral wedding, NRL player Sam Burgess and his former journalist wife Phoebe have called time on their marriage.

The couple, who share two children together, are understood to have told their family and close friends the marriage is over.
It is believed Phoebe is at her parents home in Bowral.

It comes less than a month after the Rabbitohs star player and his former journalist wife welcomed the arrival of their second born, a son William “Billy” Burgess, on December 9.
Phoebe took to Instagram writing: “Welcome to our world little big man, our hearts are so full. #FamilyofFour.” The couple also have a 23-month-old daughter, Poppy.
Rumours of a split started last week after a social media post from Sam’s sister in law Joanna Burgess. The picture showed Sam with his siblings and family on Christmas Day at the Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel but Phoebe wasn’t there.

It is believed the marriage came to an end earlier last month but the couple have vowed to keep it civil for the sake of their young children.
Both Phoebe and Sam, who are usually notoriously prolific on social media, haven’t shared anything online since the arrival of their second born.
Confidential has approached the couple’s agent for comment.
Phoebe worked as a magazine journalist before taking up life as a blogger and influencer when she got together with the footballer, who originally hails from the UK.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not a surprise.

Not when the story allegedly about him broke.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s what happens when you send videos of your cock to other women..... regardless of what the wabbitos & Nrl tell us happened

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So they're not reporting the reasoning of him getting his dick out to ladies on social media in the news as the reason? :tearsofjoy:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Phoebe worked as a magazine journalist before taking up life as a blogger and influencer"
In other words, "Wanker."

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So they're not reporting the reasoning of him getting his dick out to ladies on social media in the news as the reason? :tearsofjoy:
No. Rabbitohs players are upstanding leaders in the community. According to Toddy, Greg Inglis was brave for admitting he was drink driving. Barge-Arse is also the victim in this.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Link back to my post in another thread where I said married NRL players were drowning in pussy and they all cheat.

Looks like his “influencer” wife couldn’t take the fact that he was rawdogging other girls 3 or 4 times a week so has split.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They will probably now ask for privacy during this difficult time. Irony not lost.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Always sad to hear of a marriage break down especially where kids are concerned. Hoping that things can remain civil and that the welfare of the kids is made paramount. Who knows what sort of mental state Phoebe is in at the moment - it could be a sign of post natal depression as well. She started to shut down social media and became very private after the September incident but still outwardly supported him, as he also credited her with being a rock in the difficult times and that he was extremely upset at what his wife was hearing and how it was affecting her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...scandal-beginning-end-Sam-Phoebe-Burgess.html

No matter what one thinks of a person you should not take it as an opportunity to gloat about the misfortune that has ensued. Life can be a joy but it also can be quite cruel.

In saying that though, it seems however rather coincidental that it has transpired so quickly after the scandal surrounding Burgess and the infamous sexting issue. If it is also true that his wife has unfriended his brother and sister in law that probably means that things are well and truly broken. Sad state of affairs but a lesson in the way things can turn.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always sad to hear of a marriage break down especially where kids are concerned. Hoping that things can remain civil and that the welfare of the kids is made paramount. Who knows what sort of mental state Phoebe is in at the moment - it could be a sign of post natal depression as well. She started to shut down social media and became very private after the September incident but still outwardly supported him, as he also credited her with being a rock in the difficult times and that he was extremely upset at what his wife was hearing and how it was affecting her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...scandal-beginning-end-Sam-Phoebe-Burgess.html

No matter what one thinks of a person you should not take it as an opportunity to gloat about the misfortune that has ensued. Life can be a joy but it also can be quite cruel.

In saying that though, it seems however rather coincidental that it has transpired so quickly after the scandal surrounding Burgess and the infamous sexting issue. If it is also true that his wife has unfriended his brother and sister in law that probably means that things are well and truly broken. Sad state of affairs but a lesson in the way things can turn.
I was going to post in this thread earlier pointing out that in the end Burgess was going to wind up facing consequences after all which were worse than the punishment the NRL should have handed down. But you've added some perspective. My folks split when I was 9 and it did affect me and my sisters a lot. At the end of the day despite all this I hope their kids grow up knowing both their parents well and that this all doesn't have a negative affect on their lives. I still thank Sam is a bellend and my first thought was that he got what he deserved. But It is a messed up situation for more than him. On the plus side for her if they divorce, at least their kids should do ok with being looked after from a financial perspective even if it is hard on them when they are old enough to think about the fact that their parents are separated. It can't be easy for her to have had to deal with all this in the public eye and I hope she's got people around her for support.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
She only stayed on this long to not tarnish his image during the so called investigation and probably picked up a pay out from father in-law rusty

Lol at fox sports with the headline “shock split” I mean no one would have guessed she’d leave..... now just like sammy’s Watch in the pics she’s gooone

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, HUGE shock his wife isn't as gullible as the idiots at the NRL and actually did something about her husband showing his tic tac to some random chick...

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably has more to do with Bulldogs mad Monday. She doesn't like the idea of being married to an nrl player after the atrocities the Bulldogs showcased.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah mate, he doesn't play for the dogs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
"Phoebe worked as a magazine journalist before taking up life as a blogger and influencer"
In other words, "Wanker."
hey im also a social media influencer, its easy work for good money

for example dove soap paid me $8,000 to go on instagram and say that i use palmolive