Salary cap woes remain: Bulldogs boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, I’ve stated this before that 2020 is the real challenge. I can tell you for a fact that we have players on backended deals who have massively inflated figures for 2020.
DesiRaey still haunts us.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lynne’s doing what new governments always do after taking office. Overstating how bad the books are to give themselves breathing space.
It will help once the next elections come around & give them a plausible 'excuse' if they havent achieved success

Malla

Reaction score
We set to pay Foran 3.2 mil over the next 3 years - not even JT made that much in his last 3 years with cows. We are still fucked lol

Malla

Reaction score
Just so everyone understands, we currently have 3 marquee players - Klem, Jackson and Foran. Once we get rid of Foran we can potentially bring in another 2 marquee's.

People are reading into this a lot more than they should. We have cap space to make signings, but why waste it on another marquee that we have to fork out a million to bring over?

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its actually totally normal. Its not a fulltime gig. Do you think politis is overseeing the day to day runnings of the rorters?? Lol
True but Politis is the backbone for the roosters he pays the bills bug difference...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True but Politis is the backbone for the roosters he pays the bills bug difference...
Im sure he makes a return in what he puts in. Dont think for a minute that any sponsor comes on board just to donate cash. They all get something out of it, just as politis gets to embezzle his money in the rorters.
In any case this is old news. Lynn was the paralympics ceo or whatevwr before she got involved with the club again, and dibs had other things going on as well. Totally normal.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were never in that bad a space with the cap, but by releasing Mbye and Woods it gave us breathing space to sign some fringe first graders, and (most importantly) promote Lewis.
I guess Lyn meant that the club wont be able to splash out until 2021 because in 19 @ 20 the club will still be paying Foran $1m to sit in the grand stand plus some of the freight on Mbye and Woods.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just stating facts and telling the fans why we won't be buying and significant players
Beats talking shit like the previous
Its all bullshit mate, just a different spin. That politics... but not leadership.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact is Des & Dib left a toxic legacy that the new management have to deal with. End of the day is we have to suck eggs for 2 more seasons. Given I have followed the dogs since 78 I am ok with our current strategy because no one can do a lick of shit otherwise than to let the back ended contracts expire. Foran was a fucking stupid deal done at the end of a reign of village idiots. Why they signed a cripple to a gold lotto deal is beyond me.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We set to pay Foran 3.2 mil over the next 3 years - not even JT made that much in his last 3 years with cows. We are still fucked lol
Surely that's not the real figure mate?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The fact is Des & Dib left a toxic legacy that the new management have to deal with. End of the day is we have to suck eggs for 2 more seasons. Given I have followed the dogs since 78 I am ok with our current strategy because no one can do a lick of shit otherwise than to let the back ended contracts expire. Foran was a fucking stupid deal done at the end of a reign of village idiots. Why they signed a cripple to a gold lotto deal is beyond me.
Yep!

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate more importantly how many jobs do they want works full time at the Paralympics, then whats to be the chair on the side wtf...
I presume that this post is meant to be funny otherwise it would be easily in the top 10 of ridiculous comments

Malla

Reaction score
This is at the end of the day what it comes down to.

I think this may be why Lewis was only signed for 2 years - tremendously loyalty shown from the kid, if he keeps getting better he deserves whatever Foran is/was on.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I presume that this post is meant to be funny otherwise it would be easily in the top 10 of ridiculous comments
And I presume that your more than likely related to the andersons, the great bullfrog himself worked full-time on the club, who are the andersons compared to bullfrog...

Status
Not open for further replies.