Gallen
Lewis
Woods
Brailey
Fifita
Prior
Segeyaro

plus a shitload of good juniors fringe players

And we cant afford anyone, when all we have left is Klemmer Jackson Foran Tolman on decent coin???
110%

Its all in the third party deals. Our club aint doing any atm whilst everyone else is.

Think of it like this. Very successful team, winning GFs, very attractive to sponsors (due to winning). They are more likely to get TPAs due to their success.

Whilst the bottom clubs with no wins dont get this opportunity.

I think there is some cheating involved, but I think most of it comes down to the current successful clubs being able to abuse TPAs thanks to their stronger success than the bottom clubs.

Just imo.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was talking to a someone at work today who is an accountant for the dragons and is heavily involved in contract negotiations and they said having first hand experience with contracts and managing the salary cap they can’t understand how the roosters, Sharks, storm and broncos have the teams that they have. According to this person it is impossible that they would not be cheating the cap in some way!!
LMFAO

Since when are accountants involved in contract negotiations.

Has your accountant friend heard of TPA's. Obviously not.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Makes you wonder ?
You can add the the storm and roosters into that category. I’d love to know who their accountants and lawyers are, they can advise the dogs on how to rort and use the loopholes in the salary cap. It’s not like the club doesn’t have any money outside of the cap.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
100% it’s a grey area alright brother!! And that’s an understatement lol
What's grey about it? It is pretty simple and straight forward. Not going to go over it again for the hundredth time but the rules are as simple as can be. If a club rorts the system that's a risk they take and as Melbourne found out they lose their competitions and get fined massively for it.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
LMFAO

Wasn’t a friend was actually someone I met at work!! Just letting you know what they told me not claiming to have inside information or anything just passing on what I was told!! Can take it with a grain of salt since I don’t know the person personally

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
LMFAO

Why is it surprising that club accountant(s) have some level of input to the negotiations?

Who do you think is advising the coach / football department on the salary cap and the budget they have etc.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Usually when a fk up of this magnitude occurs whether in sport or corporate world the club advises a third party to undertake a full review /report of its findings

Anyone doing ours?

I’m not counting Deathspell rogue attempts either

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Why is it surprising that club accountant(s) have some level of input to the negotiations?

Who do you think is advising the coach / football department on the salary cap and the budget they have etc.
Don't need an accountant if you don't have a Cap.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Usually when a fk up of this magnitude occurs whether in sport or corporate world the club advises a third party to undertake a full review /report of its findings

Anyone doing ours?

I’m not counting Deathspell rogue attempts either
I'd be thinkin' a full report and accounting of where these funds have gone is very much warranted. In fact legally mandatory from the new Board. With the roster left now, and I take into account all the explanations from Oatley Dog, but geez it's hard to tally up 9.1 mil with our roster and compare that to rivals' playing roster.

Something very odd has apparently happened with Dib and co's calculator and spreadsheet.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd be thinkin' a full report and accounting of where these funds have gone is very much warranted. In fact legally mandatory from the new Board. With the roster left now, and I take into account all the explanations from Oatley Dog, but geez it's hard to tally up 9.1 mil with our roster and compare that to rivals' playing roster.

Something very odd has apparently happened with Dib and co's calculator and spreadsheet.
I agree

It’s doing my head in!

Someone just hack the spreadsheet from our CEO laptop lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can add the the storm and roosters into that category. I’d love to know who their accountants and lawyers are, they can advise the dogs on how to rort and use the loopholes in the salary cap. It’s not like the club doesn’t have any money outside of the cap.
Pretty sure Cam Smith is Melbournes accountant.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Des

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
It really not that hard. It’s a very basic equation.
Unfortunately Manly is still suffering from The Des days and he left them 2011.
Once our cap is cleared it will only be the beginning, we will then struggle to attract quality/star players as we will be viewed as a club where careers go to die.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We probably have a cap of about $3million....the other $6.4million is paying for the rest of our team playing at other clubs...lol

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
We probably have a cap of about $3million....the other $6.4million is paying for the rest of our team playing at other clubs...lol
You would think Cronulla wouldn’t take woods for over 500 which means we pay the balance of 500 for the next few years,

Mbye was on 800 and I couldn’t imagine the tigers paying more than 500 so we are forking our 300 there for the next few years .

Graham was on about 850 and I bet we are paying about 300 of that

There’s$ 1.1m we r shelling out on other clubs just there.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think Cronulla wouldn’t take woods for over 500 which means we pay the balance of 500 for the next few years,

Mbye was on 800 and I couldn’t imagine the tigers paying more than 500 so we are forking our 300 there for the next few years .

Graham was on about 850 and I bet we are paying about 300 of that

There’s$ 1.1m we r shelling out on other clubs just there.
That is just your opinion. None of that is fact, you're just guessing

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
That is just your opinion. None of that is fact, you're just guessing
He's probably not accurate but he's probably not far off. I think it just supports the point that our cap is fkd through our own previous management's making.

Other clubs have taken advantage of our poor fortune, just as I expect we would take advantage if another club desperately had to offload players.

Status
Not open for further replies.