Salary cap what is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am starting this thread because as a doggies supporter I just cannot get over this rubbish we are being put through because of this so called Salary cap.
Just wonder how clubs like cronulla and others do it ? The cap should be reg by the nrl and they should prevent clubs from breaching before they do. Yes its doggies fault as well lets prevent.
Make the cap whatever thats it no tpas nothing all playing the same game. Appreciate everyones thoughts

Last edited:

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the Cronulla sharks don’t have one

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I am starting this thread because as a doggies supporter I just cannot get over this rubbish we are being put through because of this so called Salary cap. I know people on here have the knowledge of what it is and others have there opinion on what it is all well and good but without doing any research on this I want to give my two bobs worth and appreciate everyone’s comments.
My understanding is each club had 30 players signed and registered within the cap. Not sure the exact amount but approx 3.8 mil per club per year. All this talk about tpas, back ended deals whatever. If we say 20 are on $200,000 per year thats 4 mil shit I’m already over. Say then 20 @ $150,000 each thats $3mil... 10 to go . ..? What do u think there on ? Don’t hear off too many players on $150,000 per year But there would be I guess... now we just lost a few players who were on like close to a mil each,, just dosent add up does it. I don’t see other clubs like sharks or Roosters with a team full of juniors on $150,000 per year the opposite have quite a few high paid players..I guess I’m being a smartie and just wonder how the nrl regulates this cap. Do they ? Some here say they do.. well wonder why the dogs are in such a mess.. yes it is the dogs fault as well. I get that..why not prevent this before it happens.. are not all these players registered with the nrl when a contract is complete. How hard is it for the nrl to keep a register for each club. I am sure they have enough people working for them.
For me if the cap is 4mil per year or 10 mil per year that’s it,nothing else no tpas nothing else if you can’t afford the cap on your bike mate off you go. At least we are all playing the same game. It’s up to the clubs with sponsors to raise the money. Welcome to be educated by others on here and appreciate all comments and prefer if kennelers not abuse other members for there thoughts.
3.8 mill ?????
It’s 9.3 mill per club

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My biggest gripe is the NRL's inconsistency with the penalties handed down to teams for not being cap compliant.
We all know what happened in 2002.
The penalty we received was incredibly harsh but should have set a standard for any other team not operating within the so called salary cap.
Instead, there have been teams systematically rorting the cap - either directly or through TPAs - and the nrl have slapped a warning or suspended fine on them.
Some teams haven't been fully cap compliant for consecutive seasons.
In 2010 the storm got busted nearly $2m over the cap in a 5 year period. 5 years!!!!
Don't they get audited annually??!
The broncs, rorters n sharks are clearly not compliant yet the dogs are in this cap shit fight.
So I'm not buying this "some teams are managing the cap better".
Some teams are blatantly cheating.

Reactions: Vek

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
My biggest gripe is the NRL's inconsistency with the penalties handed down to teams for not being cap compliant.
The penalty we received was incredibly harsh but should have set a standard for any other team not operating within the so called salary cap.
Instead, there have been teams systematically rorting the cap - either directly or through TPAs - and the nrl have slapped a warning or suspended fine on them.
In 2010 the storm got busted nearly $2m over the cap in a 5 year period. 5 years!!!!
The broncs, rorters n sharks are clearly not compliant yet the dogs are in this cap shit fight.
Parra where still allowed to play for points after been busted that’s how corrupted the NRL is.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sharks next year

Holmes on big 700 plus
JMOZ would be on 3=400
Dugan would be on 500 plus
Moylan would be on 6-700
Townsend would be on 5-700
Graham
Gallen
Lewis
Woods
Brailey
Fifita
Prior
Segeyaro

plus a shitload of good juniors fringe players

And we cant afford anyone, when all we have left is Klemmer Jackson Foran Tolman on decent coin???

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Flangan shops at Vinnies for playersand gets them whilst another team pays part freight.

I find it hard to believe though given they've lost major sponsors yet still manage to sign player after player after player.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharks next year

Holmes on big 700 plus
JMOZ would be on 3=400
Dugan would be on 500 plus
Moylan would be on 6-700
Townsend would be on 5-700
Graham
Gallen
Lewis
Woods
Brailey
Fifita
Prior
Segeyaro

plus a shitload of good juniors fringe players

And we cant afford anyone, when all we have left is Klemmer Jackson Foran Tolman on decent coin???
They just re signed Bukuya prob 350+
And Katoa prob 200

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clubs get Audited every year. As far as I know the NRL have never found a major breach.

The only way teams get caught, is if there is a disgruntled whistle blower!

Status
Not open for further replies.