Salary cap wastage/desperation

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Similar style and size to Burton - although Burton would be the dominant player. In Junior reps Talau was both a ball playing/ kicking five eight with the size and aggressive running to have suggested he would end in the lock or backrow similar to Wade Graham or Ryan Matterson.
Could work :grinning:

The other aspect of Burton at halfback....wow what a monster 7.

The 5/8 outside him would have to be a very robust 6, bc a small guy like Flanaghan for instance will be targetted and steamrolled. Tommy could fit that requirement size wise at least. Willie had a lot to do with him leaving so that is a factor.

It's all about working out who partners, and suits, Burton's style of play now.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could work :grinning:

The other aspect of Burton at halfback....wow what a monster 7.

The 5/8 outside him would have to be a very robust 6, bc a small guy like Flanaghan for instance will be targetted and steamrolled. Tommy could fit that requirement size wise at least. Willie had a lot to do with him leaving so that is a factor.

It's all about working out who partners, and suits, Burton's style of play now.
If my understanding of why Talau left is accurate - i dont blame him - the decisions re dvelopment contract has been a disgrace - i was hoping that after round 10 there would be opportunities for some of the dev players to be tried in fg then i recalled the fact that it wasnt the better players with those contracts. Maybe things have changed and some shuff;ling taken place recently

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Britt
Stimson
Chris Smith
Waddell
Allen
Flanagan
Meaney
Napa
Elliot
Crichton
Jmk
Hetherington

The above is why we suck so much. We're fucking desperate and throwing money at bog average fucking players and then we complain that we don't have the cattle.

We don't have the cattle because we've choked our salary cap with bullshit.

We've released players who could've done the job the above are doing, without fucking our salary cap. E.g Morgan harper, Fualalo, corey Thompson, etc

No they're not world beaters (the players we've released) but they can do the exact same job that their replacements (who we signed at a greater price) do.

Stop fucking overpaying on bog average duds.
And guys who aren't wanted by their Clubs (ie Flanagan).. Roosters never just let players go.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We've released players who could've done the job the above are doing, without fucking our salary cap. E.g Morgan harper, Fualalo, Corey Thompson, etc
Add Connelly Lemuelu to this list as well.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If my understanding of why Talau left is accurate - i dont blame him - the decisions re dvelopment contract has been a disgrace - i was hoping that after round 10 there would be opportunities for some of the dev players to be tried in fg then i recalled the fact that it wasnt the better players with those contracts. Maybe things have changed and some shuff;ling taken place recently
TK experts :grinning: saying it was bc Willie didn't get a coaching job he applied for in SG Ball?

Our Development contracts have been terrible.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had high hopes for Cotric. The guy is a monster and plays like a cat.

He need to run hard and straight. He always pulls the handbrake on just before the line and puts on a little stutter, taking away his forward momentum.
Dal hits the line "hard and straight" yet Cotric regularly makes more post contact metres because he hits between players whereas Dal just barrells straight into the biggest guy in the opposition.

Is also why Dal is more prone to a mistake, and is probably continually playing under mild concussion from his brain sloshing about inside his skull after each big contact.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is the actual buy and release process?
We were seen as up da shit in 2019 but managed to be competitive.
How did it get worse?