Allen
Flanagan
Meaney
Napa
Elliot
Crichton
Jmk
Hetherington

The above is why we suck so much. We're fucking desperate and throwing money at bog average fucking players and then we complain that we don't have the cattle.

We don't have the cattle because we've choked our salary cap with bullshit.

We've released players who could've done the job the above are doing, without fucking our salary cap. E.g Morgan harper, Fualalo, corey Thompson, etc

No they're not world beaters (the players we've released) but they can do the exact same job that their replacements (who we signed at a greater price) do.

Stop fucking overpaying on bog average duds.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope our next recruitment drive is for either proven first graders and not glorified park footballers.

I still haven’t seen anything from Rudolph. If we are throwing 500k at him that will do me. Even Elliot wasn’t worth the upgrade he got.

We need the fisher harris’, the kikaus, the to’o’s, the Dane lauries, the sam Walkers, the Reece Walsh’s.

Why did we bring in Flanagan? Was he the long term half? Was he honestly expected to be a top 5 half? Reece Walsh was transferee 6-7 weeks into the season and carved up in his first game. He is 18 as well. Was he someone we were thinking of? Or was it Flanagan is our saviour?

I think every player should be looking over their shoulder because I’d have all 30 on notice. We lack even the most elementary skills or first grade standard. Yet there are players on multi million dollar deals. These guys are frauds.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Britt
Stimson
Chris Smith
Waddell
Allen
Flanagan
Meaney
Napa
Elliot
Crichton
Jmk
Hetherington

The above is why we suck so much. We're fucking desperate and throwing money at bog average fucking players and then we complain that we don't have the cattle.

We don't have the cattle because we've choked our salary cap with bullshit.

We've released players who could've done the job the above are doing, without fucking our salary cap. E.g Morgan harper, Fualalo, corey Thompson, etc

No they're not world beaters (the players we've released) but they can do the exact same job that their replacements (who we signed at a greater price) do.

Stop fucking overpaying on bog average duds.
And most of those players signed under Pay/Barrett. The blame des argument is dead

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can add Cotric to the list.
I reckon he'll come good next year with the better players we've signed

And most of those players signed under Pay/Barrett. The blame des argument is dead
Yep. We've fucked up our cap again. We should've relied upon the cheaper option of keeping our juniors (eg Morgan harper) and this may have allowed us to keep players like the Morris brothers. We should've insisted on safiati for klemmer or other type moves

Our front office was fucked by des and Ray dib but continued to be fucked by the Anderson's.

We need to stop overpaying for average players, just chuck our juniors in there

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney is probably the only one on that list I would take off. I think he's done admirably, for someone who is a fringe first grader.

Absolute waste of our cap. Allen, by far for me, is the worst of these signings.

Heralded that we signed a state of origin quality player, a fullback whose claim to fame was catching and passing off an in-form Cody Walker for 10 weeks, who lasted what... 4 weeks at fullback before being shafted?

You can say it's players who aren't worthy of FG, you can argue that the coaching has been lackluster and a point can also be made of how from a business management perspective, we're a pack of bloody donkeys. Overall - all these things combined together have killed the heart and soul of this club. I look to 2022 with some hope, but I just personally feel right now we could have peek JT, Cam Smith and Billy Slater - and still lose to the bye.

Des put us in a bad position until the end of 2019. It is now 2020 - and the rubbish signings of Allen, Waddell, Flanagan and Hetherington just go to show how fucking pathetic we are as a club.

This decline has been going for years - it doesn't just go back 3-4... I am talking 2015/2016. We changed the way we play. No excitement in our attack. Defensively solid for periods of the game, but once the going gets tough, we lose whatever backbone we had shown up until that point. I used to attend 20+ games a year - travel to Newie, Canberra, all over Sydney.. Melbourne on occasion. Now? I wouldn't watch a game at Bankwest if I lived in one of the boxes. They have slowly killed our great club, and we can only take so much before supporters turn off for good.

And with how empty most of us feel, if it hasn't already happened, it is not far away.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I had high hopes for Cotric. The guy is a monster and plays like a cat.

He need to run hard and straight. He always pulls the handbrake on just before the line and puts on a little stutter, taking away his forward momentum.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So why did we sign these players? We signed them because we didn't have any cap space to play with & paid little money for them. Some are on minimum wage whilst Napa was a panic buy.
That's the point though, we should have stayed with the cheaper junior options rather than saddling ourselves with overpaid average players for another 2 to 3 year contracts

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He need to run hard and straight. He always pulls the handbrake on just before the line and puts on a little stutter, taking away his forward momentum.
Actually runs backwards...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the point though, we should have stayed with the cheaper junior options rather than saddling ourselves with overpaid average players for another 2 to 3 year contracts
couldn't have been our juniors, Des didn't develop any!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we have Harper and smith who are doing ok at other teams in centres and we have hoppa and Allan who are playing in the centres who ain’t centres. Defies all logic I know! I guess we are used to stupid decisions these days

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

He needs to be banned from running sideways (unless in the final 3rd).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

hardly been a cat in d...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we have Harper and smith who are doing ok at other teams in centres and we have hoppa and Allan who are playing in the centres who ain’t centres. Defies all logic I know! I guess we are used to stupid decisions these days
Was thinking this the other day... We developed 2 NRL standard centres and we are playing with 2 overpaid sub par centres. On top of that we have had to go buy one in Naden and are still short a strike centre for next yr unless Allen or Schoupp come good.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't we have a requirement where we have to spend 95% of the cap? That would explain why we are in the mess because of archaic rules in the cap