News SALARY cap pressure has cost the Canterbury Bulldogs one of their best young forwards. Matt Doorey, 22

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parramatta Eels poach Bulldogs generational forward
By: Buzz Rothfield | Daily Telegraph
View attachment 60839

The long-standing bitter rivalry between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Parramatta Eels has added a new dimension with young generational forward Matt Doorey defecting to his arch-rivals effective immediately.

In what represents a major failure for General Manager of Football Phil Gould, questions are being raised about Canterbury's questionable recruitment and retention commitee. The club has already released the likes of Reimis Smith, Nick Meaney and Matt Doorey who is expected to kick on at a rival club. The 22-year-old is not just another young rampaging forward - he is touted the future of the NSW Blues and Australian forward pack. A leader in his own right - all 16 NRL clubs are understandbly shocked that the Bulldogs would make this decision given how light and poor their forward pack is shaping to be next season.

No doubt incoming coach Cameron Ciraldo will struggle to get this pack firing.

The Bulldogs are left to pick up the pieces and hope that this decision won't come back to haunt them. The club has experienced letting rugby legends leave. Look no further than future immortal Johnathan Thurston - could Doorey be another JT situation?

Time will tell, I think so.

Offer Image

Digital
50C/ DAY
for the first 12 weeks
($14 min. cost) charged every 4 weeks.
Then $40 charged every 4 weeks.*
" Generational talent "

"The future of NSW and Australian forward packs" .... this article can't be for real, can it?

Biggest pile of absolute shit i have EVER read.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hahahahhahahahahaha to compare this to Thurston…. Wow. Gus I dunno if Gus fucked his mother, sister or him and didn’t call back… seriously he is a disgrace of a journo.

Doorey is average as fuck. I’d rather see pele and the other kid from roosters get a chance with guys like topine and Davey coming in to add with Fucking kikau you clown.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Doorey has had plenty of opportunity, couldn’t stay healthy and has been knocked out a few times. No big loss

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still think Doorey is a promising player in the potential bracket but he wasn't a must keep for us and we have a few other good second rowers coming through... the real reason Doorey wasn't extended is Gus doesn't rate him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buzz omg lol what a flog generational forward wtf

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think Doorey is a promising player in the potential bracket but he wasn't a must keep for us and we have a few other good second rowers coming through... the real reason Doorey wasn't extended is Gus doesn't rate him.
Sadly lacking in the ticker department .... pathetic work rate as well.

Not the slightest bit concerned at losing him.