Salary Cap Mega thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I never said we should of re-signed Reynolds at that ridiculous amount. We should of never signed Foran knowing VERY WELL his issues with his body and mind. We have gone backwards not forwards.

We should of persisted with Mbye at 5/8 and played Frawley or someone else from the lower grades in the halves regardless of how good they were, as it was well known Foran was going to flop after his performances and issues at Parra and Warriors.

You dont throw money around just for the fuck of it. They should of put the money aside and waited for the opportunity when a class half was available, just like Dragons did with Hunt, Panthers with Maloney, and Warriors with Green.

Looks like puberty forgot about your height
My hieght I'm not going to look up there, have you even watched the games this year all the games we have won and should've of won was because of Foz. And if you can't see that then the last issue you should be worrying about is my hieght, because I'll be slapping your comments with length

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm glad Graham is gone the bloke is a natural loser and is nothing more than a plodder now

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard on triple m kent say the eels are keen on Klemmer. I know we might have to release a player or two but fuck id hate to see klemmer or jackson leave. Rather piss tolman and woods off. Surely the knights would be keen

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Moses basically confirmed he will be pushed out, haven't watched the video yet though. Imagine losing the Morris brothers and Mbye, basically 0 speed in the backline and we're left with the likes of Hoppa, Montoya and Foran lol. Absolutely laughable.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we lost Mbye could we get barba back on the cheap?
Or promote young bergamin. I dont mind promoting juniors i just dont want to lose klemmer, jackson, toomaga, rfm

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Getting rid of Mbye would only make sense if we could replace him with someone like Ponga... hoping Pay has a plan here else our backline would look like a bunch of pensioners waiting to get paid on a Thursday morning...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/mbye-opens-up-on-future!679331

Nothing much we don't already know.

Moses basically confirmed he will be pushed out, haven't watched the video yet though. Imagine losing the Morris brothers and Mbye, basically 0 speed in the backline and we're left with the likes of Hoppa, Montoya and Foran lol. Absolutely laughable.
There was a comment in commetary the other day which suggests perhaps the media are trying to destabilise the club with such rumours.

Also Player Managers may fan the flames to see if their client gets an offer elsewhere with us paying some.

I believe that's where all this shit is coming from.

E.G Player with Dogs on say $800k a season.
Player Manager: *Goes to papers that we are in salary cap trouble and need to offload players. *
Media report this.
Player manager: *Puts feelers out and has <another club> very interested. DESPITE his client being contracted*
Player manager: (to other club) "My client wants $1 million a season to leave the Dogs".
Other Club: Whaaat no way we won't pay more than $800k a season.!
Player Manager: "Pay us $1 million a season, and we'll get the Bulldogs to fork out $300k of that players salary".
Other Club: "Sounds great"
Player Manager: (to player) "Hey I can get you another $200k a season from "other club", but you have to ask for a release, and we'll get Dogs to pay part your salary."

Mbye could neither confirm or deny the reports but admitted there was likely something in the rumours, especially given the Bulldogs' dire salary cap position for next year is well-documented.

"I don't know where we're at," Mbye said. "Normally where there's smoke there's fire. I'm sure the call's been made. I understand the business side of it, I get that it's probably an option that the club needs to go in that direction. I'm not looking to leave this club, I want to stay. I haven't had that discussion with anyone, with any other club and our club hasn't approached me at all."
Mbye has bought into the paper bullshit that's being spread around.

"Well documented" only by the media pushing agendas, nothing more, nothing less.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And what's the point of defence if you can't attack it takes 1 good off season to learn defence but you can never teach a turtle how to run.
not every player can defend like the Morris twins and if it takes one good off season why is our right side a shamble? their carries up field and out of trouble are still solid and if we had a more creative spine, they've still got plenty to offer in attack

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
yet we had to back end the payment of our no name shit roster.

seriously can some one please put me at ease by telling me who and where the fuck did we spend all our money on from 2012-2016?

we signed Trex, Foran, Woods and Liccha as the 4 big names in last 6 years.

we got rid of Ennis, Graham, finucane, Cook, Brown brothers, Tapau, Thompson, Inu, Lafai, Frank, Kasiano, Reynolds, hodkinson as the big name players and numerous little shitty ones.

Where did all the money fucken go ?
I'd be thinking the new Board should be fully investigating that very thing (may be they have and will be reporting it this week)....where the heck did those s c millions go? It does not add up under anyone's calculations.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My hieght I'm not going to look up there, have you even watched the games this year all the games we have won and should've of won was because of Foz. And if you can't see that then the last issue you should be worrying about is my hieght, because I'll be slapping your comments with length
What games have you been watching? Did Foran get any man of the matches during our wins?

We beat Parra thanks to our defence, Morris Bros, Jackson & Gutherson

We beat Penrith thanks to Mbye and the ref

Foran has done sweet fuck all. He has been shown up by Matt Frawley. Stop slapping Forans middle stump and give yourself a few uppercuts and you might snap out of it

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Seriously though guys Knights need a front rower.... why dont we go to newcastle you have cap space how would you like Woods for Cogger... pay them a very small percentage of of his wage as a thankyou... Hell even Pearce is bum chums with Foran... could try entice them to take him aswell.

Last edited:

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
not every player can defend like the Morris twins and if it takes one good off season why is our right side a shamble? their carries up field and out of trouble are still solid and if we had a more creative spine, they've still got plenty to offer in attack
An off season with a great foundation not with dumb and dumber.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What games have you been watching? Did Foran get any man of the matches during our wins?

We beat Parra thanks to our defence, Morris Bros, Jackson & Gutherson

We beat Penrith thanks to Mbye and the ref

Foran has done sweet fuck all. He has been shown up by Matt Frawley. Stop slapping Forans middle stump and give yourself a few uppercuts and you might snap out of it
Mate I'll stop slapping his middle stump, when you pull your head out of your arse, because your arguments stink more than your comments

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seriously though guys Knights need a front rower.... why dont we go to newcastle you have cap space how would you like Woods for Cogger... pay them a very small percentage of of his wage as a thankyou... Hell even Pearce is bum chums with Foran... could try entice them to take him aswell.
What do you think best mate Klem will think of that? I know....package frontrow deal to Newcastle!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All this shit about our salary cap is bullshit, look at the players lost and gained over last 6 years under hasler

players lost: Josh Reynolds, James Graham, Sam Kasiano, Brenko Lee, Brad Abbey, Michael Ennis, Damian Cook, Dale Finucane, Trent Hodkinson, Tony Williams, Krisnan Inu, Tim Lafai, Sam Perrett, Frank Pritchard, Curtis Rona, Chase Stanley, Martin Taupau, Corey Thompson, Tim Browne, Mitch Brown, Ben Barba, Dene Halatau, Shaune Lane, lloyd perrett, Tyrone Phillips, Steve Turner, Herman Ese Ese, James Gavet, Antonio Kaufusi, Kris Keating, Reni Maitua, and other fringe players. Thats all i can think of for now

Major Signings: Brett Morris, Tony Williams, Kieran Foran, Aaron Woods

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All this shit about our salary cap is bullshit, look at the players lost and gained over last 6 years under hasler

players lost: Josh Reynolds, James Graham, Sam Kasiano, Brenko Lee, Brad Abbey, Michael Ennis, Damian Cook, Dale Finucane, Trent Hodkinson, Tony Williams, Krisnan Inu, Tim Lafai, Sam Perrett, Frank Pritchard, Curtis Rona, Chase Stanley, Martin Taupau, Corey Thompson, Tim Browne, Mitch Brown, Ben Barba, Dene Halatau, Shaune Lane, lloyd perrett, Tyrone Phillips, Steve Turner, Herman Ese Ese, James Gavet, Antonio Kaufusi, Kris Keating, Reni Maitua, and other fringe players. Thats all i can think of for now

Major Signings: Brett Morris, Tony Williams, Kieran Foran, Aaron Woods
What’s your point? This list doesn’t prove anything. How would a player that retired in 2012 in Steve Turner and many others that left years ago effect our cap situation in 2018?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Threads are getting worse.....
Doesn't add up I bought 300 bucks worth of groceries 3 weeks ago now I have nothing.......

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What’s your point? This list doesn’t prove anything. How would a player that retired in 2012 in Steve Turner and many others that left years ago effect our cap situation in 2018?
he retired 2013 and the point is that weve lost a heap of players big and small and gained fuck all

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Threads getting worse.....
if you cant see the point of the thread then your beyond help, this club has lost a lot of players for the past 6 years, and i havent named all of them, and we havent gained much

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he retired 2013 and the point is that weve lost a heap of players big and small and gained fuck all
Ya prolly should add all the players that we have signed plus come thru and now on biiiiiggggg coin.....

Status
Not open for further replies.