Salary Cap, Coffs Harbour and a Premiership STEVE FOLKES NOVEMBER 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well with the salary cap Dogs were just caught what everyone else was doing. Look at Melbourne when they had two premierships stripped. Every club does the dodge to sign it up players. The NRL salary cap would have better luck with Stevie Wonder in charge of auditing.

2002 would definitely have been a premiership win of the points weren’t stripped. 2003 the team fell one game short of a gf. 2004 the win finally came 2005 was a horror injury season and a let down 2006 one game short again.

As much as this is tongue I cheek I think if we had kept Thurston (yes I have heard the stories re Coffs Harbour) and possibly made the odd other change in recruitment and I think potentially the club wins 4 premierships 2006 2009 2012 and 2014

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well with the salary cap Dogs were just caught what everyone else was doing. Look at Melbourne when they had two premierships stripped. Every club does the dodge to sign it up players. The NRL salary cap would have better luck with Stevie Wonder in charge of auditing.

2002 would definitely have been a premiership win of the points weren’t stripped. 2003 the team fell one game short of a gf. 2004 the win finally came 2005 was a horror injury season and a let down 2006 one game short again.

As much as this is tongue I cheek I think if we had kept Thurston (yes I have heard the stories re Coffs Harbour) and possibly made the odd other change in recruitment and I think potentially the club wins 4 premierships 2006 2009 2012 and 2014
Agreed.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe even more with a big pack not trying to play halves and Thurston running the show.

N

Natboy

I have seen the reports from the OIC of Police. He stated that the Bulldogs did not have a case to answer.
This was a media beat up of immense proportions.
Yeah same mate. I’ve read the whole brief. It definitely did not happen but that wanker commander just wanted to make a name for himself as a lot of them do.
He loved the spotlight.
The cop that leaked the report to Hadley was from Coffs also.
Hundreds of cops who had read it also got accused of leaking it were all crucified too.

Victims are rarely charged with lying about domestic & sexual violence as the police are concerned it will discourage legitimate victims from coming forward.
The amount of times that lunatic in Coffs changed her story though she should’ve been charged.
The police owe the bulldogs an apology but we all know what that organisation is like so it will never happen

Status
Not open for further replies.