Salary Cap Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't like knowing everybody's salaries, I think they deserve some privacy there although don't they do it over in the US with NFL?

I prefer a points system which cannot be corrupted but it would take a few years notice to set up to ensure everybody gets under.

A suggested points system could go something like this:

- 5 points for first grade experience, junior Aust, NZ or Eng player + an additional 5 points for

every 50 NRL games.

- 2 points for every City or Country representation (if you do not play this form of

representative football you would lose one point after 12 months and the other point if you

do not represent in two consecutive years.

- 10 points for every State of Origin game or international game outside NZ, Aust & Eng

- 20 points for every international game (for NZ, Aust & Eng)

Now if you haven't played a SOO game for 12 months you get a 20% discount, 2 years 40% etc & so after 5 years of not playing SOO these points would no longer count towards the cap. The same would apply to test level.

You could include discounts for local juniors & long serving players.

If you start with this then discuss with other input you will get something fair which is NOT what we have now.
Spot on. Remove the salary cap. Let the clubs but how they want. But the points system cannot be cheated as each player has a value. So much better and fair.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Lets face it guys, the game is fucked and there is no solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.