Saint, Sinner, SHOOOOOOSH

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

New Canterbury Bulldogs fullback Matt Dufty will have a point to prove after former coach Anthony Griffin questioned his defence.

New Canterbury Bulldogs fullback Matt Dufty will have a point to prove after former coach Anthony Griffin questioned his defence.
EXPECT Matt Dufty to be fired up this season.

Already desperate to get back onto the field after being axed for the last five games of the season, the ousted Dragon will have an even bigger point to prove after Anthony Griffin publicly questioned his defence.

While most thought it was a fallout over game plans that led to Dufty’s demise at the Dragons, Griffin said it was deficiencies in defence that cost the fullback his St George Illawarra career.

Dufty has had plenty of time to reflect on his daily drive to Belmore given he still lives on the South Coast.

2022 is shaping as a make or break season for Dufty after the fullback took a punt on his career by signing a one-year deal.

Expect the Dolphins to show interest in Dufty, especially if they miss out on Kaylan Ponga.

---
Garbage article but we all know how much the kennel loves Mr Duffy so i figured it should be posted.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More dribble. Everyone knew Duffy's defence was the problem for Griffin. Just hope a change of scenery improves his attitude to defence cause he can attack.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

EXPECT Matt Dufty to be fired up this season.

Already desperate to get back onto the field after being axed for the last five games of the season, the ousted Dragon will have an even bigger point to prove after Anthony Griffin publicly questioned his defence.

While most thought it was a fallout over game plans that led to Dufty’s demise at the Dragons, Griffin said it was deficiencies in defence that cost the fullback his St George Illawarra career.

Dufty has had plenty of time to reflect on his daily drive to Belmore given he still lives on the South Coast.

2022 is shaping as a make or break season for Dufty after the fullback took a punt on his career by signing a one-year deal.

Expect the Dolphins to show interest in Dufty, especially if they miss out on Kaylan Ponga.

---
Garbage article but we all know how much the kennel loves Mr Duffy so i figured it should be posted.
All the guys who have signed 1 yr deals are playing for there future, Dufty being young not married could possibly move to Redcliffe, but in the case of Paul Vaughan he lives on the south coast ,has settled family life id think hell stay at the Dogs if they want him, but in saying this Canterbury hold the key if they play poorly they wont be resigned simple

Reactions: 88

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All the guys who have signed 1 yr deals are playing for there future, Dufty being young not married could possibly move to Redcliffe, but in the case of Paul Vaughan he lives on the south coast ,has settled family life id think hell stay at the Dogs if they want him, but in saying this Canterbury hold the key if they play poorly they wont be resigned simple
How tf does marriage gotta do with anything?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder how many more times this same story will be regurgitated over the next few months.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder how many more times this same story will be regurgitated over the next few months.
If drunkfield has anything to do with it, it will be as regular as needed to piss Gus off.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How tf does marriage gotta do with anything?
Not having to resettle and move to Redcliffe with a wife who is settled in Sydney with a job and her family or remove kids from their schools would have alot to do with it. Being on his own would make a decision much easier I would say. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dufty is a one year Dog but he above all could be the key ingredient to our 2022 being better than expected.

He knows he is playing for his future. Whether that be with us, Redcliffe or ESL. Hopefully for us in 2022 his attitude is good in defence.

He could be the missing link we need in attack this season. He is a ball playing fullback that can create. Exactly what we are lacking in a our 7. I’m hoping he can be enough of a foil to allow Burton to thrive.

I agree with others about Vaughan.

Outside of the Dragons the Bulldogs are one of the better options for a family guy living in Shellharbour. I think he will be a year to year signing for the dogs. If he does what is expected of him in the first half of the season I can see him being offered another contract for 2023.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think hook should worry about people running through the front wall instead the last line of defence, as soon as they lost mc innes there defence was crap. And their season was done.
i think Vaughan will be our best and underated signing, finds his front every time with a quick play the ball, also can offload bonus with all our quick boys hanging around.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Griffin says his defence is sub standard. Maybe that's the way he was coached.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think hook should worry about people running through the front wall instead the last line of defence, as soon as they lost mc innes there defence was crap. And their season was done.
i think Vaughan will be our best and underated signing, finds his front every time with a quick play the ball, also can offload bonus with all our quick boys hanging around.
Last line defence is only a small part of a fullbacks job in defence.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
you seem to find a lot of time and energy to reply to every single Matt Dufty comment.
Don’t you get over it?
No I'm obsessed, I stay up all night that thinking about it. When I was playing with my neighbour I leaned over into her ear and whispered "Matt Dufty is bad defender and a horrible signing". She then told me to leave.