Opinion Said it once say it again

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who says I’m trolling? Oloapu has been missing in action?

Are we better than we were under Barrett? Yeah. Are we better than we were under Potter? Hell.Fucken.No.
Flanagun was missing for how long in your trolling eyes?

Happy to chat if you need help?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is a natural centre. Look what he did when he played at Penrith and when he has played for NSW. Buggered if I know who’s bright idea it was to think he was a halfback or a 5/8?

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who says I’m trolling? Oloapu has been missing in action?

Are we better than we were under Barrett? Yeah. Are we better than we were under Potter? Hell.Fucken.No.
Some real speak here.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe not, but there’s still half a season to go and for the remainder of the season, we should still be playing our best possible halves posting. In 2023, Karl ain’t part of it.
I think you’ll find that you’re incorrect. KO is the reason Flanno has been dropped to reserves. He can keep working on reinventing himself as a backup ‘9’ cause that’s his last roll of the dice at our club. KO will be playing first grade. Flanno will be peeling oranges

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Burton is steering the team around. A role he's not accustomed to. We'd be better with Oluapo at 7, Burton at 6. Next year, no better without a mature 7. Oluapo and Manu not spotted in that game. So Manu was no better. Oluapo never once linked with Burton...they were never on the same side of the field. Don't we have coaches devising where the halves should stand to create space.
Oluapo and Averillo never got good ball. The repetition of errors, same every week in attack is mind numbing.
Apart from the Hail Mary plays we don't look any better than when Flanagan was 7.
No Burton is our 7. Our forwards were getting pumped up the middle the boys done very well to be in the game

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well, we’ve been in every game lately and still have troops to come back. Obviously no way we’re winning it, but scraping into the 8 isn’t out of the question. I’d be playing our best possible halves combo, but Oloapu just isn’t part of it. Has to be Burton and either Flano or Rajab.
I reckon the bold is the heart of it. I've commented at length about Burton and won't add to it here. We have lost a number of games by 1 or 2 bad/missed plays at clutch moments. warriors, raiders and roosters to name a few. Would we have iced those games with a more experienced 7 and one or 2 better middles? Probably and then we're on 18 points and most of the conversations are different.

I like that our effort is there now, we see we can win from behind and we're in it for 80 mins. That culture, with some smart recruitment is the foundation of a strong club. Other than a mid season transfer, I don't see any lasting or even temporary solutions to this problem. You can't just become an experienced NRL half. It takes time. Neither Rajab nor KO as good as I think they both are, are any kind of enduring solution before 2025.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I reckon the bold is the heart of it. I've commented at length about Burton and won't add to it here. We have lost a number of games by 1 or 2 bad/missed plays at clutch moments. warriors, raiders and roosters to name a few. Would we have iced those games with a more experienced 7 and one or 2 better middles? Probably and then we're on 18 points and most of the conversations are different.

I like that our effort is there now, we see we can win from behind and we're in it for 80 mins. That culture, with some smart recruitment is the foundation of a strong club. Other than a mid season transfer, I don't see any lasting or even temporary solutions to this problem. You can't just become an experienced NRL half. It takes time. Neither Rajab nor KO as good as I think they both are, are any kind of enduring solution before 2025.
The attitude and belief is there.... the organisation is not - both in terms of the playing group and coaching staff. Why are we focusing our recruitment drive on the wrong positions? Why is our defence so disorganised? Why are we playing players out of position? Why are we lacking structure in attack and relying so heavily on off the cuff stuff? Why are we naming players on the bench and not fully utilising them - aka weakening our pack by playing a middle at hooker when we have a half who has spent time at Hooker in NSW Cup on the bench? Why are we picking injury replacements like Casey and overlooking guys like Skelton and Wilson (until recently in the latter case)? Why are we moving players around/ dropping them and not sticking with the team we decided was our best 17 (or even our top 30) after a full preseason.

Ciraldo has done a decent job of motivating players, but I have no idea what his long term vision is and I don't think the players do either.....probably because he isn't sure of his vision, himself.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think you’ll find that you’re incorrect. KO is the reason Flanno has been dropped to reserves. He can keep working on reinventing himself as a backup ‘9’ cause that’s his last roll of the dice at our club. KO will be playing first grade. Flanno will be peeling oranges
If the work experience kid is the reason Flanno was dropped, Ciraldope is even more clueless than I thought. KO has been terrible. He literally does nothing but catch and pass and poses absolutely no threat to the defensive line. If you (or Ciraldo) can't see that, it beggars belief, to be honest. He has been so much worse than Flanagan ever was for us and it is only damaging his confidence/ delaying his development. He needs to be back in Cup, because he is not even close to first grade ready.

Ciraldope didn't pick the work experience kid because he was ready. Ciraldope panicked and capitulated to pressure from the fanbase and media. A real visionary!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Late in the game the commentators said Burton had 1 run for 10 meters
Not good enough, even Flanagan had better efforts than that
That stat is completely incorrect.
He dummied and ran at least once every attacking 20m set. At least 10 times I reckon?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Flanagun was missing for how long in your trolling eyes?

Happy to chat if you need help?
La familiar, if I genuinely needed help, I think talking to you would only make things worse lol.

Flanagan at his absolute worst has still offered more than the work experience kid has in the past six games. Your inability to accept a reality doesn't change that reality.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
fuck up and fuck off parasite, its been peaceful without your vocal moot lips running around here spreading lies
Would your Mum be happy if she knew you were using her broadband data to abuse people?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
so in other words he is doing a flano, but obviously better lmfaoooo
If you think he has been better, that goes a long way towards explaining your deranged ravings on here lol

I have literally never seen a half play worse than the work XP kid in all my years watching NRL.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just looked. 12 runs for 97m.
…but doesn’t run enough.
Can't believe Burton cops so muck flak given how little help he's getting out there. Sure, he had some absolute shockers early in the season, but he's been carrying our attack lately.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all of the people wanting Burton moved to the centres or moved on from the club completely in their ideal world, what halves pairing do you want both short and long term?

I'd love to hear the suggestions of who the Burton replacements will be seeing as there are so many great halves options available these days..
I was in favour of getting rid of Flanno and replacing him with JR or KO.

JR worked for 1 game (Cows). KO hasnt quite worked out so far, but I can see him improving. It's a matter of how much patience we have. I don't think it would hurt his confidence if he went back to Cup with a view of playing 1sts down the track. He's had a taste.

In the short term, I'd like to see Avo move into 5/8th with Burton. Not sure how far BBO is from a return.

Longer term, I would hope we get an experienced half (Hunt) at 7, with Avo and Burton to stake claims for the 5/8th spot with the other at centre.

If we had gotten Mitch Moses, I would have advocated to not extend Burton's contract and play him and Averillo at 7 and 6.

I honestly would like to see Burton improve his running game before I can consider him a lock-in for 5/8th. He otherwise only has a kick in him.