Sack JMK

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
His next contract as a hooker should be in Thailand ffs. Bloke doesn’t belong in first grade. If you haven’t accepted it in years of this shit, how blind are ya lol.

Nothing against the bloke. He clearly trains hard. Is fit. Defends solid. Hell he appears a nice bloke. Just not first grade. Holland 2.0

Last edited:

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Hoops could play 9 a bit slower but a good pass and steady resolve

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD, how many critics are relying on how JMK played in the All Star game to confirm their previously held beliefs. If he had a blinder most would still have said it was flash in the pan and should be ignored. The fact is no one in either side played very well, they were all farking disappointing and it was a boring as bat shit game to watch. How about we wait to issue judgement until we see how he goes in real games for us under Barrett and with some decent plays and players to play to and with.

Go Dogs

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
FMD, how many critics are relying on how JMK played in the All Star game to confirm their previously held beliefs. If he had a blinder most would still have said it was flash in the pan and should be ignored. The fact is no one in either side played very well, they were all farking disappointing and it was a boring as bat shit game to watch. How about we wait to issue judgement until we see how he goes in real games for us under Barrett and with some decent plays and players to play to and with.

Go Dogs
Trial match no more said

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Not to mention it was played in pretty ordinary conditions.

The only thing I got out of it is that I am glad we didnt sign Benji. He would have been detrimental to Flanagan's grwoth by always demanding the ball. Its no surprise Luke Brooks hasnt really kicked on in recent years

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to mention it was played in pretty ordinary conditions.
Good point, WhoTF organises an All Star Game in North Queensland in February and expects it not to piss down, be stinking hot and have humidity over 100% at game time, imbeciles.

Go Dogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just don't think JMK has the footy brain required to be any good at 9. Maybe the new coaching staff can tighten his defense, maybe they can structure our sets to help him know where to pass etc. etc. But, you cant add grey matter to his noggin..

So he might be a better JMK, but just a better version of the last 3 years, he wont suddenly click into a rep hooker.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
all NRL teams are taught the basics of the game before xmas, doesnt matter how good they are, they all go to basics in skill sessions in tackle tech, passing, catching, running lines etc.
Lets hope JMK has taken some new techniques from Tbaz and the coaches in this area. To me he doesnt look to have natural ability to play whats in front of him, but he has speed, he can defend, so if they give him a simple and clear game plan i think he can do a job this year.
Lets hope so as we dont have many options in this position.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. Just watched an interview with Benji where Benji said he gave his bro a spray after he didn't give Benji the ball when he asked for it. I know stuff like that happens in games sometimes but it could also demonstrate JMK doesn't listen to the playmakers 100% of the time or he can't adjust quickly when a particular half asks for the ball so he just continues to pass to who he already had in mind (takes the easier option)

JMK offers nothing in attack. No running game, no drawing in the defence then getting a selective pass away to create a break. He can't read the defence, can't create anything of value. Has to be the worst hooker in the comp. With him our team - especially our halves - are playing at such a disadvantage.
But maybe the other half on the other side was calling for the ball also and JMK saw something Benji didn't to send it the other way? This happens in every game so this is being a bit harsh.

Yeh sure JMK is still raw and inexperienced but like every player in our squad they should be given the year to excel under Barrett and then we can assess and be critical if we have to at year end.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
But maybe the other half on the other side was calling for the ball also and JMK saw something Benji didn't to send it the other way? This happens in every game so this is being a bit harsh.

Yeh sure JMK is still raw and inexperienced but like every player in our squad they should be given the year to excel under Barrett and then we can assess and be critical if we have to at year end.
100% correct, halfbacks want the ball every play, if JMK took the correct option and saw something on, this is what we want to happen

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Imo katoa offers more than jmk, he’s a genuine 9 and has better vision. He’s had less chances than jmk, I’d rather see what katoa can do under bazz. Hopefully he gets a decent shot at it.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I dunno about raw and inexperienced. He’s 25. And this is is his 4 th or 5 th year in the top grade coming up. Will be heading towards 100 first grade games by year end.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK is a shit **** who’s living off his brothers name.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno about raw and inexperienced. He’s 25. And this is is his 4 th or 5 th year in the top grade coming up. Will be heading towards 100 first grade games by year end.
Yeh fair enough but I think under Barrett this is his best chance to prove himself so I'm basically saying let's give that opportunity to him knowing Baz can develop players to go to another level. But ultimately it's in JMK's hands.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All top 4 teams have rep standard hookers, Floptial-King playing in a glorified trial match doesn't mean anything.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Watching JMK last night was depressing as he didn't seem like he improved one bit. I don't blame Baz for that, just like I wouldn't blame him for not improving Lewis, because at the end of the day you can't polish a turd.

Hopefully Kotoa or Wakehman give us something better because a bad 9 will stifle our attack

I was very confident of making the 8 this year on the proviso we got Burton early and the 9 showed some improvement...but Burton is a 50-50 and the 9 still looks a massive problem for us

Another option for the 9 might be Jake Simpkin from the Tigers. He has bug wraps on him. Surely we can steal him off them if he's any good (fun loving Baz vs angry ant Madge - easy choice). Every single player we've both gone after (Burton and JAC) has chosen us so if we want him we should be able to get him
Sorry......sounds a little like signing Lichaa when we did......great reviews and promise......but absolute shite......do we need to repeat that adventure....at least give it a few rounds into the comp to let the incumbents show if they have improved.........