SACK BARRETT!!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t know why we moved away from playing up the middle with dummy half runs and getting our quicks active around the ruck, we were easily making 70-80 metres at a time and the Broncos were struggling.. it’s a speed game, if teams can’t attack with speed (quick play the balls and attacking the middle with quicks) your can’t compete.

After 10mins, we decided to revert back to one out hit ups and my second favourite play (after Tolman on the 4th), the inside ball to Jackson...has anyone looked at that tape the last 5yrs? JJ hasn’t broken the line ever and I thought the idea was getting a speedy guy on the inside to exploit a lazy or slow reacting defender? But WTF do we know hey?
What about when we were close to the line and I think Elliott offloaded and the ball found Jackson, Jackson drifted across, ignored the gap inside him that had opened up and ran directly into the only defender near him Lol.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man you know who we need? Kevin Moore. That man literally changed the club with his gun recruitments. Yes, the players ended up shitting themselves but alot of the players his administration recruited went into the des era.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about when we were close to the line and I think Elliott offloaded and the ball found Jackson, Jackson drifted across, ignored the gap inside him that had opened up and ran directly into the only defender near him Lol.
Reminded me of Tolman when he did that.

Unfortunately he’s starting to look like Tolman 2.0.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bro, the club is literally a shit hole. Any bet when ado carr comes to the team he will be playing the same. Shit standards means shit players. Look at the history of Inu, Montaya, DWZ. Start strong end shit and when you start shit, you end up at another club and start smashing the dogs. The problem is the shitty lazy culture. Shit maybe it's the Greek kebabs and cafes at belmore causing these lazy standards. We come to the dogs for their cafes on burwood road! Fuck that no more kebabs if that's the case

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If JJ reacted with good intentions he would have crossed the chalk since the gap was so big, but it took him a few seconds to realise the gap opened and that delay killed it off.

Our footy IQ is abysmal, Burton should fix that single handedly, I’m giving TB benefit of the doubt until he can get Burton and a good 9 on board who will give the team a brain.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If JJ reacted with good intentions he would have crossed the chalk since the gap was so big, but it took him a few seconds to realise the gap opened and that delay killed it off.

Our footy IQ is abysmal, Burton should fix that single handedly, I’m giving TB benefit of the doubt until he can get Burton and a good 9 on board who will give the team a brain.
A lot of people don't want to admit it but it's going to be the same story with Burton unless things change. The simple fact is that it's easier for Burton to be a late inclusion for Penrith against the Premiers than it is for him to come into our side and play against the wooden spooners...

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people don't want to admit it but it's going to be the same story with Burton unless things change. The simple fact is that it's easier for Burton to be a late inclusion for Penrith against the Premiers than it is for him to come into our side and play against the wooden spooners...
I suppose one positive is there's a solid chance he won't have to play the wooden spooners next year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he drew and passed, we score. Such a dumb, selfish play.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mick Potter this week's coach :grinning:
He’s got Mounties humming. Raiders had a stacked roster and were -6.5pts favourites, Mounties won by 20+
Their roster have a higher footy IQ than the Bulldogs, stick to a game plan and they appear hungrier, running hard with purpose.

TB has until 2022 to get it right...

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Almost every team in the NRL had had most of their team playing together for at least 2 seasons.
Give Baz a fair go. He is trying to implement a new system that will help us perform better in the looking run. That's all going to take time.

Let's face it we should of been wooden spooners 3 years in a row. Some how when the season was over we would string 5 wins together. This year just shows were we are actually at.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
At least the kennel is consistent, people wanted to crucify Pay after 3 games too. Pathetic.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think any coach could have done better with our team unfortunately. If we didn't get Barrett it would have been Anthony Griffin. Do you believe he would have got any better out of our current bunch of losers ?
Yes, I do.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hate to say it but never rated him at all

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man you know who we need? Kevin Moore. That man literally changed the club with his gun recruitments. Yes, the players ended up shitting themselves but alot of the players his administration recruited went into the des era.
That’s because we weren’t a basket case of a club then and players were confident to come to our club without paying overs. Plus the four Broncos players we bought came thinking Bennett was coming.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well we didn’t expect them to be worse than last year. At the minimum we thought they’d be the same but not worse.
It’s three rounds into the season. It takes time to shake up the way a team does things. Especially when bad habits are ingrained into a team and there are new players in three out of four spine positions. Way too early to say we are worse than last year. I am starting to think letting Tolmsn go was a mistake though. Better than any of our current props (excluding Thompson)

I could understand it it were round 10. But people need to just chill out a little bit.