• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What happens when any player retires? Hopefully whomever you have lined up to replace them is good enough to step up.

Ultimately you will have bad years. But it’s how you recover that makes the difference. We haven’t recovered at all.
That’s what Gus does, makes sure there is always going to be someone lined up to bring through. But those systems take years to set up and start delivering.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
That’s what Gus does, makes sure there is always going to be someone lined up to bring through. But those systems take years to set up and start delivering.
Yes they do. No point having a crap team to walk into with no direction though. That’s not really setting a platform to succeed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Baz has coached 34 games with the club. You can count on one hand how many games (5) he's won out of 34. That says it all really.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fact that as fans we've got so desperate to call for Shane Flanagan (myself included) shows how shit Baz is

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that as fans we've got so desperate to call for Shane Flanagan (myself included) shows how shit Baz is
I think he’s the only coach available that will instil quality into this side. Kinda like a Bellamy type coach just less angry

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah brother reply to a comment from 3 months ago as if it has the same context. I’ve turned now Barrett needs to go
Like most of us mate. We've given him the benefit of the doubt when performances were below par. Thought it would've changed by now and should have. My thoughts have now changed. Barrett needs to go.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should have been sacked mid press conference by Gould as someone else said. You don't need a board meeting to discuss what to do. A public apology to members, reimbursement for their membership for this year and then we figure out what to do. Rip the band aid off ffs

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watching storm v penrith it really is substandard the quality and intensity we play with... The more I watch this game the more convinced I am that our coaching staff has to go

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching storm v penrith it really is substandard the quality and intensity we play with... The more I watch this game the more convinced I am that our coaching staff has to go
The more I watch i realise that the majority of our players are not first grade standard.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The longer Barrett is head coach, the longer it will take to get back on track.

The longer we stall and hope that things will turn around, the greater the pain down the track.

Begin the planning phase now for our future, by making a tough call and move him on immediately. Let him go back to Penrith and be their attack coach again (if they’ll have him?)…

The ridiculous assertion that Barrett needed time to build his squad was always propaganda from the club to cover for their error in signing a sup par coach (as well as avoiding making a tough call).

We can’t keep buying players so that Barrett can prove himself as a coach - he can either coach or not. Irrespective of the cattle, he has only proven that he can take players backwards rather than forward. He might be a great bloke but he is not the right coach for the Bulldogs.

The ridiculous claim that players were “coming to Canterbury” because of him (a coach with a diabolical win - loss ratio) was always absolute bunkum! Players came for the $$, like they always do…

Move him on now. Pay him whatever he wants - a small price to pay to end this stagnation we are in.

When he is moved on - sign a quality long term coach with proven results - no more rookies trying to cut their teeth - unless they have a deep connection to the club and have a demonstrated capacity to arouse the passion and spirit that this club needs to be successful again.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
and a hooker, and a halfback, and a back rower, and a winger and a coke machine and a Cheese fountain and a fairer draw and a paper and a sock….Give Baz a fair go for fucks sake
I mean for fucks sake he has only had a lousy 107 first grade games as a coach.. You blokes are fucked, leave Trent alone!!

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like most of us mate. We've given him the benefit of the doubt when performances were below par. Thought it would've changed by now and should have. My thoughts have now changed. Barrett needs to go.
exactly i was hopeful but unfortunately nothing has changed. all i can credit him for is getting decent recruits to the club when nobody wanted a piece of us

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Baz has coached 34 games with the club. You can count on one hand how many games (5) he's won out of 34. That says it all really.
4 technically. Our roosters fluke was on Gus.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We said the same thing about Hasler & Pay.
This is why, I don't think Gus will sack Baz until he has the next coach lined up. If the wrong coach is appointed it will to more damage than keeping Baz there this year. I predict that Baz will go at the end of the year and Gus is looking at options as we speak. I don't expect or want him to talk about this publicly.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We said the same thing about Hasler & Pay.
And it was correct both times but the choice if

This is why, I don't think Gus will sack Baz until he has the next coach lined up. If the wrong coach is appointed it will to more damage than keeping Baz there this year. I predict that Baz will go at the end of the year and Gus is looking at options as we speak. I don't expect or want him to talk about this publicly.
That’s all neat and tidy except Nov 1 Burton can sign elsewhere and if we don’t build any confidence between now and then we will lose him.

He might not get $750 $800 going back to Penrith but 550 -650k and the chance to reunite with his premiership mates in a gun team for a 22 year old might be enough incentive..