• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that he waited until there were 6 minutes left to bring Wakeham on shows he is clueless.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Throughout last year, I firmly believed that Barrett was not the right man for the job. I said move him on ASAP. Everyone kept saying (and some continue to say) give him time, he needs to build his squad.

We continue to waste time with him at the helm. More time spent at the bottom of the comp. Everyday he is our coach, we are wasting precious time.

Move him on now. If we don’t, we will waste another year.

Look at what Cronulla is doing. Tough calls need to be made to see change and improvement.
Yes mate the writing was on the walls very early when the personnel had improved yet the on field product had regressed significantly. And it’s only got worse with time despite further improvements to the roster.

The masses who would aggressively defend him and demand patience and more time had foolishly bought into the apparent ‘genius behind Penriths attack’ and his slick talking.

Gus needs to make a call and it needs to be made now.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve been critical of Barrett but tonight is was a number of players that let the team down. Barrett’s completion rate was 100%, shame I couldn’t say the same for Duffy, Wakeham or Burns.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve been critical of Barrett but tonight is was a number of players that let the team down. Barrett’s completion rate was 100%, shame I couldn’t say the same for Duffy, Wakeham or Burns.
Do you think Bellamy would sign & put trust in those players?

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes mate the writing was on the walls very early when the personnel had improved yet the on field product had regressed significantly. And it’s only got worse with time despite further improvements to the roster.

The masses who would aggressively defend him and demand patience and more time had foolishly bought into the apparent ‘genius behind Penriths attack’ and his slick talking.

Gus needs to make a call and it needs to be made now.
It seems we are lurching from year to year trying to buy a team (or anyone on the market) so that we can allow a coach to prove he can coach.

A coach can either coach or not.

Whilst it might not be through premierships won, we should see growth in players - AKA improvement.

This year we have players who were playing well at their respective clubs - they come here and regress.

What the problem?

What has Barrett provided above and beyond what Georgallis offered in his stint?

If Barrett was Georgallis, would people be as forgiving and willing to give him time?

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's inevitable that Madge will be getting the arse from the Tigers this season

Will Barrett get the arse as well, or will the Dogs let Barrett see out his contract until the end of 2023?

The question is Mr. Shane Flanagan

There is no doubt that the Tigers would be making enquiries with Shane.....They won't be sacking Madge unless they have a replacement

If the Dogs aren't happy with Trent, maybe they have had a chat with Shane?

I think the Dogs would be more appealing to Shane over the Tigers, as he can coach his son, he has a better roster and a stable club in the back room

Also i think he would wait till the end of the season if Gus was to give him a handshake deal

On another note, the Dogs might be happy and are willing to have Barrett see out his contract until the end of 2023.....

Thoughts?

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When you get rid of a coach you need to get rid of his entire coaching entourage

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can secure Flannagan we go for him. Season's already gone so don't care if it's this season or next. I'd prefer to see K Flannagan prove himself this year without his dad, rather than relying on him as coach.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was convinced he was done after Manly and his team selections in general are trash. Shane Flanagan only coach I would sign who's a guaranteed upgrade tho.