• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to give him the first 8 rounds to prove himself but I can’t. For me it’s round 1 and that’s it. If the cowboys dominate us up the middle and we stay ill disciplined and do dumb shit and play the same way, then he’s got to go because that’s the way it will be for the rest of the year, every round will be a repeat of the previous week.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The other thing that everyone forgets is Gus is stubborn and won’t want to look like he is caving in to pressure from the media to sack Barrett, he will want to do it on his own terms.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as the new coach is not Flanno, I'll be happy.
Mate, I have always hated the idea of coach peptides at Belmore and have been very vocal about it. But, enough is enough. We can’t risk another well regarded assistant or potential coach.

We need a proven winning percentage experienced 1st grade coach. He is about the only real option out there.

Im done with Canterbury being a loser club.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
C'mon guys. Literally the first game at full strengthish.
Looking forward to baking humble pie.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other thing that everyone forgets is Gus is stubborn and won’t want to look like he is caving in to pressure from the media to sack Barrett, he will want to do it on his own terms.
So sack him beforeva ball is kicked!
No one would expect it!

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First competitive match with a completely different team to last year and it's panic stations lmao. Granted, I doubt Baz's ability, but come on, give him a chance with a team unrecognizable from what he had last year.
I get the feeling everytime Barret turns up to training the team is unrecognisable so he starts from scratch all over again .
But he does identify a good deck chair

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The biggest indictment on Baz is that there's still no discipline and there's far too many basic errors. Having Averillo dominate touches and time on the ball compared to Burton is idiotic.. He's already chopped and changed by putting Wakeham at hooker which didn't work. Who knows how many combinations he'll change after a few losses once the season starts.

You can blame the players for mistakes and ill discipline but when it happens repeatedly, especially with a whole new squad, then it's on the coach for the same issues not being resolved.

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the dogs get well beaten by cowboys and Broncos I believe Barrett won't make round 3. The same issues from 2021 were evident in both trials or forwards being dominated with n without the ball and unforced errors. There is time to fix the issues but if teams like cowboys n Broncs beat them well the entire coaching team will need to go. Good wins over both, all good.
if we lose against both the Cowboys and Broncos, then we will have a 0-5 start 'cause we have the Sea Eagles, Storm and Panthers after that... hard to see him resurrecting his FG head coaching role at that point

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
if we lose against both the Cowboys and Broncos, then we will have a 0-5 start 'cause we have the Sea Eagles, Storm and Panthers after that... hard to see him resurrecting his FG head coaching role at that point
We could legit got 0-10 to open the season if you look at the draw.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest indictment on Baz is that there's still no discipline and there's far too many basic errors. Having Averillo dominate touches and time on the ball compared to Burton is idiotic.. He's already chopped and changed by putting Wakeham at hooker which didn't work. Who knows how many combinations he'll change after a few losses once the season starts.

You can blame the players for mistakes and ill discipline but when it happens repeatedly, especially with a whole new squad, then it's on the coach for the same issues not being resolved.
I don't understand that either - why was Avo getting more touches than Burton. I'm hoping it's just teething problems because that cant be the plan moving forward. Surely not.

Your best player needs to touch the ball the most....somebody let Baz and JMK in on the secret

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the way I saw it, they were trying things to see if they work or not, round 1 will be a whole different intensity.. It has to be, I’m not really looking into anything yet

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This team is unorganised & ill disciplined & that's on the coach. Is it too much to ask to have a well drilled football team look at Fitzgibbon 2 trial games & he already has Cronulla playing with good structure in attack & defence

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This team is unorganised & ill disciplined & that's on the coach. Is it too much to ask to have a well drilled football team look at Fitzgibbon 2 trial games & he already has Cronulla playing with good structure in attack & defence
We beat a monster Melbourne team in a trial a few years back at full strength.. I don’t look at anything in trials at this stage of the season

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
of course you can fix the play the ball penalties, Jackson needs to play the ball properly. He hasnt adjusted to the new updated rules which should have never changed. Play with it your fucking foot.
Yep. It's not that hard.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Baz won't see out the year.
Poor attacking structure
Poor defence
Poor game plans
Poor team selections

id look at English Super Leagues Kristian Woolf or Shaun Wane.
I'm in full support of TBaz and team to gel, been very frustrated seeing how they came out of off season but match fitness and game awareness might take time especially since they were experimenting.
Kristian Woolf sounds interesting, I like watching the SL and St Helens play well, also his scouting might pick up young guns from overseas and interstate. I don't know much about the other guy.