Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
29/73 with that Manly roster is about the equivalent of 2/20 with ours. They were stacked with talent.
Mate Dessie was operating at about 2/20 type
percentage until the turbo came back.. Tooves had a few shit seasons with a strong roster toward the end and got the sackeroo as well. They are a pretty rough group to get on with. I reckon now with a roster that is more his and the support of a strong GM we have no excuses next year for T Baz. I mean Pay wasn’t a genius but he was good around the mindset of a player and getting them up for the fight, he just didn’t enjoy the support of anyone that mattered unfortunately but still got a couple of seasons as head couch. In my humble opinion sacking him now is dead set amateur hour. First time we have had this stability in a long time and it’s now time to deliver in 2022 and beyond.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He might be a shit coach? I have no idea.
Surely can't sack the bloke in his first year with a piss weak squad. He's had a decent hand in bringing some fairly decent signings to change the whole team next year, alot of the signings said Baz was a factor in their decision. As a club we need to show loyalty and not shit on everybody who joins the family.
I got no idea how you can just sack the coach with a crap roster.
Even his record as NRL coach is a bit obscure.

2016 - a rookie, ageing roster and a horrific injury toll. Matai - 8 games(just an example), most of that Manly side belonged in a nursing home.
2017 - Finals
2018 - big drama on and off the field, injury toll worse than 2016

2020 - worst roster in the entire NRL competition. Injuries and suspensions have killed us...e.g Thompson 8 weeks all up in suspensions.

IMO he deserves a chance.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
percentage until the turbo came back.. Tooves had a few shit seasons with a strong roster toward the end and got the sackeroo as well. They are a pretty rough group to get on with. I reckon now with a roster that is more his and the support of a strong GM we have no excuses next year for T Baz. I mean Pay wasn’t a genius but he was good around the mindset of a player and getting them up for the fight, he just didn’t enjoy the support of anyone that mattered unfortunately but still got a couple of seasons as head couch. In my humble opinion sacking him now is dead set amateur hour. First time we have had this stability in a long time and it’s now time to deliver in 2022 and beyond.
That's a very sensible post mate. Agree on all fronts

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What...? Seriously I know a few of you bloke want to give him a chance and he deserves a go and all that bullshit.. But FMD don't let a few facts get in the way of the story you are telling. I am as pissed off as anyone at Des (more so at the club management of the time for allowing him) to destroy our cap the way he did, but what a crock of shit to compare Barrett to Hasler as coaches..

One has coached 2 sperate teams to multiple Grand Finals (5 in total) winning 2 premierships and has a career coaching win percentage of 57%, the other is Barrett.

Trent Barrett will never coach us to a premiership...ever.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What...? Seriously I know a few of you bloke want to give him a chance and he deserves a go and all that bullshit.. But FMD don't let a few facts get in the way of the story you are telling. I am as pissed off as anyone at Des (more so at the club management of the time for allowing him) to destroy our cap the way he did, but what a crock of shit to compare Barrett to Hasler as coaches..

One has coached 2 sperate teams to multiple Grand Finals (5 in total) winning 2 premierships and has a career coaching win percentage of 57%, the other is Barrett.

Trent Barrett will never coach us to a premiership...ever.
Was I wrong in saying Des was operating at 2/20 type percentage before turbo came back? No I wasn’t that’s a fact so sit back down mate. The comparison is with the manly roster who he has been coaching and the premiership champion coach you are waffling on about above had nothing until one of the best players in the game returned despite having a roster far superior to ours. Another fact.

If we are going to open the discussion of comparing premiership winning coaches isn’t Madge a premiership winning coach but tigers are bottom 4 in his 3rd season at the helm? Or sticky a premiership winning coach also struggling to make the 8 both with rosters superior to ours particularly Canberra? Fact.

Now back on topic, Barrett will be given next year with the support of the board and the new GM as well as an improved playing roster take that to the bank.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he cannot coach, you talk about 40% like its a winner...
Nah you're just getting too worked up mate, I never talked up 40%, I only highlighted that the stats you provided didn't really prove anything because nothing is comparable.
Sure you'll say they both show Baz can't coach but Manly was obviously all over the place as a club, Baz taking over after a coach getting moved on doesn't exactly mean Manly were a fantastic side. As Gus said, we've won 5 of 40 so not much worth holding onto. The place was trash before Baz, let him prove his worth.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah you're just getting too worked up mate, I never talked up 40%, I only highlighted that the stats you provided didn't really prove anything because nothing is comparable.
Sure you'll say they both show Baz can't coach but Manly was obviously all over the place as a club, Baz taking over after a coach getting moved on doesn't exactly mean Manly were a fantastic side. As Gus said, we've won 5 of 40 so not much worth holding onto. The place was trash before Baz, let him prove his worth.
Not worked up at all mate. You are happy to see "if" he works out and I am not. I simply posted the facts of his coaching so far, I didn't guess it or offer explanation.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was I wrong in saying Des was operating at 2/20 type percentage before turbo came back? No I wasn’t that’s a fact so sit back down mate. The comparison is with the manly roster who he has been coaching and the premiership champion coach you are waffling on about above had nothing until one of the best players in the game returned despite having a roster far superior to ours. Another fact.

If we are going to open the discussion of comparing premiership winning coaches isn’t Madge a premiership winning coach but tigers are bottom 4 in his 3rd season at the helm? Or sticky a premiership winning coach also struggling to make the 8 both with rosters superior to ours particularly Canberra? Fact.

Now back on topic, Barrett will be given next year with the support of the board and the new GM as well as an improved playing roster take that to the bank.
Fuck, I am confused which one is this Jekyll or Hyde.... :tearsofjoy:

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He might be a shit coach? I have no idea.
Surely can't sack the bloke in his first year with a piss weak squad. He's had a decent hand in bringing some fairly decent signings to change the whole team next year, alot of the signings said Baz was a factor in their decision. As a club we need to show loyalty and not shit on everybody who joins the family.
Totally agree,we are all armchair experts who are not in the pressure cooker situation that Barrett is in,and we all stick with the doggies through the good times and bad and I think baz should be afforded the same opportunity or loyalty I guess at least for another season when he has some quality to work with. If we are still languishing around the bottom of the table this time next year the writing will be on the wall.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Des took Manly to the finals in 2019? If memory serves me correct, following Barrett?

Not a huge Des fan, but his record is still pretty good, despite his Dogs decline

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Des took Manly to the finals in 2019? If memory serves me correct, following Barrett?

Not a huge Des fan, but his record is still pretty good, despite his Dogs decline
Yeah it is mate he did and not disputing that but last year was very average and this year was bottom 4 until he got Turbo charged. Bit like Barrett finals 2017 and then shocking injury toll 2018 with lack of support from the chairman & board… something he doesn’t have to worry about at the bulldogs right now. But I mean I’m ok with him being moved on if we don’t go well next year. Right now don’t agree we need that type of instability when we are turning the corner.

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
2 wins all year
Last place by quite a way
Terrible attack and defensive record
Record breaking level of mediocrity by our standards
Players going backwards

Is it foolhardy to have expected more from the team and coaching staff this year?
Yes it is! We have known for some time where we are. Major changes have been made and giant steps in the right direction, the club has been turned on it’s ear by bad management in all areas most notably the salary cap. We have new personnel everywhere it takes time to gel. Patience my friend we will achieve and be the respected and powerhouse we have been for most of our past.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
29/73 with that Manly roster is about the equivalent of 2/20 with ours. They were stacked with talent.
Stop your dribble you tool ..

Manly right now without Tom we’re performing at our level early rounds and there roster by far is superior to ours .

1 player makes a difference .

Barret had the trobojevic’s when they were coming up to first grade .. no where near the polished players they are now

The only quality player we have in our roster is Thompson , now go and figure out why it is we’re in the position we are

For those making dean pay comparisons .. I’ll leave this comment here … “ if I could only have another 12 , DWZ players “ bwahahahahaha

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes it is! We have known for some time where we are. Major changes have been made and giant steps in the right direction, the club has been turned on it’s ear by bad management in all areas most notably the salary cap. We have new personnel everywhere it takes time to gel. Patience my friend we will achieve and be the respected and powerhouse we have been for most of our past.
I love your optimism and I do hope you’re right

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah it is mate he did and not disputing that but last year was very average and this year was bottom 4 until he got Turbo charged. Bit like Barrett finals 2017 and then shocking injury toll 2018 with lack of support from the chairman & board… something he doesn’t have to worry about at the bulldogs right now. But I mean I’m ok with him being moved on if we don’t go well next year. Right now don’t agree we need that type of instability when we are turning the corner.
I hope we turn the corner soon

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop your dribble you tool ..

Manly right now without Tom we’re performing at our level early rounds and there roster by far is superior to ours .

1 player makes a difference .

Barret had the trobojevic’s when they were coming up to first grade .. no where near the polished players they are now

The only quality player we have in our roster is Thompson , now go and figure out why it is we’re in the position we are

For those making dean pay comparisons .. I’ll leave this comment here … “ if I could only have another 12 , DWZ players “ bwahahahahaha
Commendable list of excuses. I reckon you’re fit for a committee member position within @dogwhisperer’s Barrett Excuses & Homoerotic Fantasies Club