• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bennett will never come to the dogs after the board said he is to old!!! plus he is going back to brisbane for family reasons
Old board and he agreed to Gus once before so why not again? Unless he kicks Kevvy out in Broncos which I doubt would happen, we are his best chance of one more premiership. Think of how attractive we would be to other players with the money we can spend and a power group of Gus/Bennett/Laundy/ Hansen/Khoury...

If Gould wants it to happen, it could.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am no Pay fan, but:

Was Barrett a significant upgrade on Pay? Or even Georgallis?

The stats don’t lie.
Baz secured Burton, who will potentially be our greatest signing in many years and the player we build around for next 10 years. Baz has had a season with a nsw cup squad. Give Baz at least one season with some talent and see how we go. People talking about sacking Baz to start again is madness.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Old board and he agreed to Gus once before so why not again? Unless he kicks Kevvy out in Broncos which I doubt would happen, we are his best chance of one more premiership. Think of how attractive we would be to other players with the money we can spend and a power group of Gus/Bennett/Laundy/ Hansen/Khoury...

If Gould wants it to happen, it could.
Why would Bennett go to a club that is still building? We are a few years off a premiership shot and are far from his best chance for one more premiership

Reactions: ATT

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes he did and we should give him life membership and a well paid role in recruitment, but not head coach.
We should give him a year with a team that he had a say in putting together. If we are not sitting in or around the 8 next year Gus will remove him. He needs to have an opportunity with a team that has a chance to win. Our squad is made up of players who are either over the hill, over paid or NSW cup level.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would Bennett go to a club that is still building? We are a few years off a premiership shot and are far from his best chance for one more premiership
As per your quote, Burton potentially is our greatest signing. In the past several teams that have won the spoon have come back and made a GF or won a comp within in a couple of years. We might not do it next year but if certain cards fell the right way there is no reason why we couldn't in 23 so why wouldn't Bennett see that?

He is not going to coach the non existent second Brissy team, or the Broncos, Titians or Cowboys and there is no team in Sydney worth looking at that is going to dump their coach. He does not want to retire yet and has always had a soft spot for the Dogs....

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Blame the cattle all you like. There’s no way they’re as bad as what they’re showing. This is not a 2 from 20 with -400 points differential team. Nowhere near it.

This is now 5 years of gross underperformances and mediocrity from Barrett lead teams.

Gould should be taking a long hard look at the coaching ranks right now and I would be very surprised if he isn’t.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DO
As per your quote, Burton potentially is our greatest signing. In the past several teams that have won the spoon have come back and made a GF or won a comp within in a couple of years. We might not do it next year but if certain cards fell the right way there is no reason why we couldn't in 23 so why wouldn't Bennett see that?

He is not going to coach the non existent second Brissy team, or the Broncos, Titians or Cowboys and there is no team in Sydney worth looking at that is going to dump their coach. He does not want to retire yet and has always had a soft spot for the Dogs....
I agree but you reckon Bennett will still be coaching in 23?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blame the cattle all you like. There’s no way they’re as bad as what they’re showing. This is not a 2 from 20 with -400 points differential team. Nowhere near it.

This is now 5 years of gross underpeformances and mediocrity from Barrett lead teams.

Gould should be taking a long hard look at the coaching ranks right now and I would be very surprised if he isn’t.
Cmon bro...name an NRL squad who has a playing list as bad as ours without a genuine spine player.

Differential with the rule changes is skewed.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DO

I agree but you reckon Bennett will still be coaching in 23?
One Hundred percent. The old fart is 71 and fitter than most 40 year olds. He is obsessed with the game and his place in it and would now be trying to figure out what the hell he is going to do. If he sat out a year or 2, I doubt anyone would think of hiring a 73 or 4 year old to start fresh. If they wanted to keep Barrett (fuck knows why..) they could make him 2IC to learn under Wayne and Gus for succession in a few years..

Unless Gus has a secret plan to coach himself again which I doubt, it could be a very attractive proposition for all parties..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I see a more relevant question, how would Bennet handle having Gould as his boss :|

Always a Bulldog

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perhaps. But this doesn’t address Barrett’s shortcomings as a coach.
My comment was a response on why he was on upgrade on Pay. We have been poor this year, I would give Baz a season with a side with some quality before considering a new coach. 1 season with our NSW cup list is not enough time

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

This is now 5 years of gross underperformances and mediocrity from Barrett lead teams.

5 years?

Thought he took Manly to the playoffs 2017? Either side of 17’ was bad and publicly know why

This season has been a complete fk up I’d agree with that for a myriad of reasons but most alarming is the fact the individuals in the squad have all regressed

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
5 years?

Thought he took Manly to the playoffs 2017? Either side of 17’ was bad and publicly know why

This season has been a complete fk up I’d agree with that for a myriad of reasons but most alarming is the fact the individuals in the squad have all regressed
Yes bro, 5 years according to the haters

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
29/73 with that Manly roster is about the equivalent of 2/20 with ours. They were stacked with talent.
He might be a shit coach? I have no idea.
Surely can't sack the bloke in his first year with a piss weak squad. He's had a decent hand in bringing some fairly decent signings to change the whole team next year, alot of the signings said Baz was a factor in their decision. As a club we need to show loyalty and not shit on everybody who joins the family.