Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You need to give Barrett his 3 years. If we sack him we lose Burton, JAC and any other potential signings. Then we start all over again. No coach can make us win with our shit team, we need time to get rid of the dead weight.

There is no quick fix for the hole that Dib, Castle, Hasler and Pay have put us in. We just have to get behind Barrett and hope he can improve things in 3 years. If we are still dog shit after 3 years then yeah sack him and try again.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is true.

He can’t get this team going.

They started playing better with 12, because they knew they had nothing to lose.

It’s like they threw the game plan out the window.
no it was because they got angry. As I said at half time, Barrett should have rubbed some deep heat on their balls to kick start them. It appears all he did was rub their balls!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Absolutely correct. I'll judge him next year. Even though my heart says he sucks, my head says he deserves at least 6 rounds next year.
I honestly am 99% sure Baz sucks arse and can't coach Under 6s, but like you said, I'd give him 5-10 rounds before punting him.

I'd be looking for a caretaker coach already.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has to go before he does more damage and we get put in a hole like Newcastle did a few years back.

If we give him three years he will keep taking us backwards. Give him his pay out and get an experienced coach to fix this mess.

We were in a hole before he got here, At least he has had the ability to sign players for next year and on.

What a shit post.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s fair to say a lot of players aren’t aiming up. Barrett has said there will be a clean out and with half our squad at risk of going they might be sour and not putting the effort in. You drop those guys and who have you got to bring in? They are still the better players on paper so his hands are tied. The only way you fix that is to sign higher quality players - the only way you do that is with a clean out. Yes it sucks to see them going so badly but unfortunately if we’re going to get any better the clean out has to happen. Judge him next year when we add another playmaker and some classy backs out wide (which Barrett signed). If we get a decent hooker and a few good metre eaters and we’re still down the bottom next year I’ll happily agree that it’s the coach

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone blaming the coach and can't see it's the players is dumb as fuck. It's a great IQ test.
Barrett needs to get the big stick out. He has been too soft so far. It's time to change & force the players to change their attitude or ask for a release

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has to go before he does more damage and we get put in a hole like Newcastle did a few years back.

If we give him three years he will keep taking us backwards. Give him his pay out and get an experienced coach to fix this mess.
No coach in the NRL could make our roster competitive, he’s inherited a rubbish roster, only 4-5 of our players would make the starting side to any other team.. it’s going to be baby steps for the next few years.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You need to give Barrett his 3 years. If we sack him we lose Burton, JAC and any other potential signings. Then we start all over again. No coach can make us win with our shit team, we need time to get rid of the dead weight.

There is no quick fix for the hole that Dib, Castle, Hasler and Pay have put us in. We just have to get behind Barrett and hope he can improve things in 3 years. If we are still dog shit after 3 years then yeah sack him and try again.
Agree 120%

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
his problem is he is trying to bring a canned pre packaged style to the team. He also doesnt understand squad composition or the value of experience
This is what I've been thinking..
What's the solution? throw it all out the window, let them play ad-lib, then once they're playing well again, bring it back...

His attacking style and play would probably work better in a team playing well,

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree mate. Most of our players just don’t have it. But he does need to be accountable for bringing in Flanno.
Our coach doesn't have it either.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not defending the dud but if a shit **** like pay got 3 years and a extension, Baz deserves at least another year to see who he can recruit and how he plays them.
From what I saw has nothing to do with barret ? What pissed me off is those soft tries from 2 metres out and that just comes down to experience.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have players not even good enough for reserve grade running out on game day.
TB needs a massive clean out asap,
Guys like Hoppa not giving the winger a fair shot at the line is a cardinal sin.
5 year old kids know better than that,there’s a problem

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We sack Barrett we don’t get burton simple
Why does he have a stipulation in his contract that Barrett must be head coach ?
If not he can’t get out of it unless we let him out of it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Only thing that is pissing me off atm is those soft tries up the middle 5 or 6 tires have

From what I saw has nothing to do with barret ? What pissed me off is those soft tries from 2 metres out and that just comes down to experience.
Sorry I don't follow your reply. I'm not saying Baz is the reason we lost but I'm sure as he'll he isn't helping.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We have players not even good enough for reserve grade running out on game day.
TB needs a massive clean out asap,
Guys like Hoppa not giving the winger a fair shot at the line is a cardinal sin.
5 year old kids know better than that,there’s a problem
We 100% have the worst roster and worst coach in the league. Combine all the shit c***s and you have 0-6 and staring down a winless season.