Opinion S Katoa

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s good. Lots of potential, like him from what I’ve seen but still love jmk ,I’m fact they both kiwis so either one or both, is ideal lol.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m happy with either one starting.
If katoa starts jmk could come on around the 50 minute mark and run a muck in the ruck with all the tired forwards.

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jmk would be a good utility, can cover a number of positions if halves or center went down during a game

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well he identified toomaga is the forward that you can play crash ball with, so that's a great start..

Tbh I haven't seen a lot of Katoa but I thought the prejudgment of him was a little harsh by some..

Time will tell , but he certainly does have the correct build and body mechanics to be a good 9.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
With depth of 2nd rowers, wouldn’t we be better off with an 80min hooker and carry an extra forward? Whoever has the quality and stamina to cover 80 gets the 9 with the other playing the lower grades.

80 minute hooker for sure. I know two hookers has worked for clubs and still does, but you look at the best hookers in the comp and they are all 80 minute players. Katoa can handle 80 and if he starts the season well, I see no need to continue the JMK experiment

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
With depth of 2nd rowers, wouldn’t we be better off with an 80min hooker and carry an extra forward? Whoever has the quality and stamina to cover 80 gets the 9 with the other playing the lower grades.
I see Katoa as someone who can fill in at hooker or as an extra lock/middle forward if need be.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Both JMK and Katoa aren't good enough to be playing 80 at this stage, so as long as we carry strong enough middles on the bench we should be okay.

Katoa defenitely has the better vision and guile out of the two but his service and decision making can be very erratic. JMK on the other hand is more reliable as he will deliver consistently solid service and defence but lacks anything extra in his game.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Both JMK and Katoa aren't good enough to be playing 80 at this stage, so as long as we carry strong enough middles on the bench we should be okay.

Katoa defenitely has the better vision and guile out of the two but his service and decision making can be very erratic. JMK on the other hand is more reliable as he will deliver consistently solid service and defence but lacks anything extra in his game.
Katoa just needs more minutes in the middle to get used to his players

Showed enough promise though (some passes were off ) but on the whole is a genuine 9 and almost set up a try after his support play and break up the middle and kick through

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Katoa just needs more minutes in the middle to get used to his players

Showed enough promise though (some passes were off ) but on the whole is a genuine 9 and almost set up a try after his support play and break up the middle and kick through
Yh he defenitely has some spark in attack, well at least compared to our previous options in that position.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We don't have an 80 minute hooker and won't get one for this year, so it is what it is.