Opinion Ryan Sutton

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The bloke couldn’t crack the raiders 17 at times . What was the club expecting.
He was also close to the raiders best forward all season in 2020 he was great. He was very tough but now he's not and will be off back home soon as the season is over

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In an under strengthed pack that gets dominated each game he was always going to struggle

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only forward I'd like from them other than Vaughan (not happening) is Ben Currie, but he's backrower... But yeah just be happy to give him away lol.
Ironically Sutton’s signature was before Vaughan pulled on a Bulldog jersey. Vaughan showed exactly what we need last season. Yet he wasn’t even offered an extension. Because they signed Sutton for his role.

Sutton is Gus’s biggest blunder so far.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How underwhelming has Sutton been?

Starting prop, gets taken off after 22min and doesn't come back on

We are seriously short of 3 quality props
Sutton
Waddler
Old management brilliant recruits

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Gus had the biggest hand in signing Sutton. He's gone to Reggies to get some game time and should never have played NRL last week, straight after injury. Hopefully him and JR can have a good influence around the Cup team for the rest of the year.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Sutton had a stint in reserves before last week. Know he was underwhelming on Sunday and his performances so far have been average but dropping him after 1 game is strange. His form hasn’t been helped by injury and lack of continuity on the park.
Plenty of his team mates have been shite and ciraldo has stuck solid. Perham has been shite for 14 weeks !!! Peg him back to the bench if he is underdone.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think he was dropped to put a rocket up him more than anything else, need him playing at 100% potential. When props are Sutton and King we do struggle for meters. I still like him I think he does a lot of the 1%ers that go unnoticed. He does seem to get smashed a bit too often with the ball though for my liking.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ironically Sutton’s signature was before Vaughan pulled on a Bulldog jersey. Vaughan showed exactly what we need last season. Yet he wasn’t even offered an extension. Because they signed Sutton for his role.

Sutton is Gus’s biggest blunder so far.
It’s interesting you say that about Vaughan. I’ve seen posts on here contrary to that saying Vaughan was never staying and it wasn’t a decision made by the club. Sacking Barrett who he was close with wouldn’t have helped either

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Gus had the biggest hand in signing Sutton. He's gone to Reggies to get some game time and should never have played NRL last week, straight after injury. Hopefully him and JR can have a good influence around the Cup team for the rest of the year.
What injury? He was never on any of the injury reports, I don’t know why there’s been so much smokes and mirrors about his availability

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I think he was dropped to put a rocket up him more than anything else, need him playing at 100% potential. When props are Sutton and King we do struggle for meters. I still like him I think he does a lot of the 1%ers that go unnoticed. He does seem to get smashed a bit too often with the ball though for my liking.
He gets smashed just like Ben Czislowski used to.

Both he and Sutton reasonably big bodies but run it up soft and often get driven backwards

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dogs have to many players that are passed there peak or are at their peak and should not be playing first grade.
Reynolds, Sutton, Waddell, RFM, Okunbor, Brown a 14 at best, Pehram a squad player at best. Burns a quality player but should be cut because of injury history and the same with Thompson.