Social Media Ryan James

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
averillo, schoupp, alamoti all back up for FB/wing/centre. doubt any of them start next year anyway except maybe schoupp
Averillo is an unknown at fullback. Have Schoupp or Alamoti even played there ?. If so only in lower grades and not much. I think we do need at least 1 player with a bit of experience to cover fullback at least in case Dufty gets injured. We used to have a heaps of so-called fullbacks, now not so many as Hopa, Meaney and DWZ are gone.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Averillo is an unknown at fullback. Have Schoupp or Alamoti even played there ?. If so only in lower grades and not much. I think we do need at least 1 player with a bit of experience to cover fullback at least in case Dufty gets injured. We used to have a heaps of so-called fullbacks, now not so many as Hopa, Meaney and DWZ are gone.
naden played fullback and was captain of winning 20's penrith side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
can see this, no chance tho
Could be Tommy Turbo like at fullback, then again he can pretty much play the same type of role when named in the halves. I really hope Baz doesn't persist with our current system...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OMG.. Burton is our 5/8 hopefully for the next 10 years. He can play Anywhere in the backline but 6 is where he wants to play and where he will be a star. The "Baz" system officially ended when Gus walked in.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
was talking more centre/wing for alamoti and schoupp but valid point

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton could play fullback..
Said this last year and was shot down by everyone and a pretty valid point...was it you @Bazildog? Classic TK.

The idea is plausible but he is our best player next yr and should be in the halves... He could be a Turbo but then again the last thing we need is no halves again.

This is why Dufty is a decent stop gap until shit becomes more clearer....

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta say I like Ryan James. I am amazed Ricky didn't use him more as some of their forwards clock off in games where Ryan doesn't seem to. He would be a good addition to our club if we secured him.
Better than Elliott. Like chalk and cheese. Probably cost less also. If we end up with too many props and not enough edge forwards we could potentially play fast running forwards like Thompson and Hetherington to edges

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Said this last year and was shot down by everyone and a pretty valid point...was it you @Bazildog?

The idea is plausible but he is our best player next yr and should be in the halves... He could be a Turbo but then again the last thing we need is no halves again.

This is why Dufty is a decent stop gap until shit becomes more clearer....
TBH I don't remember but I could have. :tearsofjoy: I don't disagree that he could play fullback and be very good, the bugger can play anywhere in the backline and would easily be better than anyone we have there currently. But with Burton I think its a bit like Darren Lockyer, he was a fantastic fullback but an even more influential player at 5/8. Burto is our next gun 5/8.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH I don't remember but I could have. :tearsofjoy: I don't disagree that he could play fullback and be very good, the bugger can play anywhere in the backline and would easily be better than anyone we have there currently. But with Burton I think its a bit like Darren Lockyer, he was a fantastic fullback but an even more influential player at 5/8. Burto is our next gun 5/8.
The worst part is he and Averillo fall into the same cat. They are both Jack Wighton's.. Both are genuine 6'ers who can play anywhere in the backline.

Should be theatre to see where the puzzle pieces fall...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Simple primary school maths, $9.7m divided by 30 = $323k which is the average.

The fact is Allen has played origin, regardless of the circumstances, that completely negates any claim that “he is one of the worst players in the NRL”. Like the rest of our team this year, it’s hardly fair to base ones assessment on, better to look at his whole career. By all means judge him next year.

Always a Bulldog
This is all true. Either he hit a massive form slump when he came to Belmore, or the teams poor confidence had a big impact on him, or he simply hasn't settled, it happens sometimes.

I'd give him at least half of next season, see if it turns around, if he can get back to what earned him a QLD spot he will become a key part of a good season.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The worst part is he and Averillo fall into the same cat. They are both Jack Wighton's.. Both are genuine 6'ers who can play anywhere in the backline.

Should be theatre to see where the puzzle pieces fall...
I still think Avo’s best position is at 1, but dopey with the whistle won’t give him a go there. He might have to play 1 in Reggies for a month or 2 and then come up or play 14 and come in at 1.