Russia vs Ukraine

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just starting a thread as I find this a very interesting situation and would like to know everyones thoughts who are keeping up to date with this.
Do you think Russia will actually invade Ukraine or is it just empty threats to try stop them joining NATO???

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It has come far enough that the Australian government has pulled all Australians out. It may turn into nothing. But it could always go the other way

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s an interesting one. Ukraine isn’t a small country, has over 40mil people. If they put up a fight on there own, without allied assistance, this alone would make it a very long drawn out conflict. What does Russia gain by taking Ukraine? Is it reserves they want?

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s an interesting one. Ukraine isn’t a small country, has over 40mil people. If they put up a fight on there own, without allied assistance, this alone would make it a very long drawn out conflict. What does Russia gain by taking Ukraine? Is it reserves they want?
Its more what they dont want, and that is for Ukraine to join NATO.
Russia also have pipelines going through Ukraine.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Russia will attack.
Putin is nothing more than a gangster and mob boss and the one thing a mob boss can never show is weakness.
Nato has been preparing for a massed soviet armored attack for decades and Putin knows it and the image of burning Russian tanks and BMPs being beamed around the world and into Russian living rooms will be VERY bad for his regime...

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Russia will attack.
Putin is nothing more than a gangster and mob boss and the one thing a mob boss can never show is weakness.
Nato has been preparing for a massed soviet armored attack for decades and Putin knows it and the image of burning Russian tanks and BMPs being beamed around the world and into Russian living rooms will be VERY bad for his regime...
yeh but I also wonder how much backing Russia has from China?
They both see the USA as being weak at the moment so maybe now is the best time to move some chess pieces....

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh but I also wonder how much backing Russia has from China?
They both see the USA as being weak at the moment so maybe now is the best time to move some chess pieces....
Russia has no need for Chinese support and China is on the other side of the content and has no skin in the game, however, they probably would love to see Nato and Russia have at it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm biased so I can't really comment.

I think it's more Russia not wanting a corrupt NATO near their borders.

If Russia wanted Ukraine, they would of already had them.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm biased so I can't really comment.

I think it's more Russia not wanting a corrupt NATO near their borders.

If Russia wanted Ukraine, they would of already had them.
I think NATO would disagree with you there...

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s not about gain it’s about weapon systems at russias door
So you remember in history when Russia or the ussr back then was setting missile system In Cuba well it almost lead to full blown nuclear war had it not been jfk the president at the time who knows today it would of happened
Anyway back to topic same thing see in Ukraine that was originally Soviet land since bout a minute Ukraine is now a western Allie Russia will not tolerate them becoming part of nato nor have any western missile set up in their country the winner if this war happens is China military and economically but that’s a story for another day

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where’s Europe on all of this? Germany etc.. If Ukraine is a gateway between west and east, why leave everything up to the US to sort out.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Putin is just a dictator. Ukraine don’t like him, and would rather align with the west. That’s my view on this. Off brief things I’ve seen recently.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably because he’s scared he’s own people will see how good life can be

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If trump was a Putin lapdog and Putin wanted to invade, why didn't he make a move when his lap dog was in power?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The biggest advantage in military manoeuvres is surprise.
Why would Russia do a long, drawn out build up and show its hand?
Seems like posturing to pressure Ukraine to bend to Russia's wishes.