Russell Packer

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching the Footy Show this morning and apparently Packer has been cleared to play NSW Cup. I don't have a problem with this. He commited a very violent assault and paid his dues, but for the panel to start raving

about how he has become such a better person made me sick. It was like watching the pope explain the canonization of the next catholic saint. He paid his dues he is entitled to comeback but this was sickening.

And what about the poor guy whose face he destroyed? Bet he loved watching Sterling and Fittler carry on about Saint Packer, his victim not even mentioned, but hey at least he did't backchat a ref.

This b#llsh!t in a week where Graham and Klemmer were made out to be the worst people to lace up a boot for questioning some very dodgy decisions. The Sunday Footy Show used to be the good one, but it has obviously become a mouth piece for NRL propaganda.

Won't be watching that drivel again for a long time.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watching the Footy Show this morning and apparently Packer has been cleared to play NSW Cup. I don't have a problem with this. He commited a very violent assault and paid his dues, but for the panel to start raving

about how he has become such a better person made me sick. It was like watching the pope explain the canonization of the next catholic saint. He paid his dues he is entitled to comeback but this was sickening.

And what about the poor guy whose face he destroyed? Bet he loved watching Sterling and Fittler carry on about Saint Packer, his victim not even mentioned, but hey at least he did't backchat a ref.

This b#llsh!t in a week where Graham and Klemmer were made out to be the worst people to lace up a boot for questioning some very dodgy decisions. The Sunday Footy Show used to be the good one, but it has obviously become a mouth piece for NRL propaganda.

Won't be watching that drivel again for a long time.
This!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Totally agree. To them Graham and Klemmer is worse than Packer, Wicks and Carney.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty much this, he has done his time fair enough (unlike over NRL "stars" who should of done some time for hitting women...) but to come out and say he has changed and put him on a pedestal is bad...

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly I don't know why people still put themselves through the pain of watching the footy show. I gave up on it a very long time ago and from what I have heard it was a good decision.

As for Packer happy to see him get a run again. Guy made a mistake served his time and is trying to turn his life around. Let's not make a saint out of him yet though!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.