Rumour of relocating the Bulldogs to the North Shore?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard 3 things doing the rounds. One very credible source the other 50/50.

1. A Saudi has been calling around Nrl clubs and testing the waters if clubs would be available to discuss selling off to them. (50/50)

2. Both dogs players will not be fired though fines and time out will be given to the them. (Legit sauce)

3. Dogs are looking at Manly/north Sydney area if Manly folds. This i don't see working though. (Legit sauce)

The worrying part if the overseas interest we have and the nrl season was only just postponed today. They move quick the cheeky c***.
Playing home games in Riyadh would be the issue for most fans.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for that Nasheed,

This is one of things we should take with a grain of salt, like flat earth and chemtrails. I'd wait until there is a reliable source before accepting this as a possibility.
One thing this virus will create is a heap of urban myths.

Should Manly go under, it is more likely that a new, Central Coast based club would fill the gap.

Saints are not as rich as you might think. They are a possibility of failing, and we already share a border with them. It would be a logical fit if we let Cronulla take over WIN stadium, and we use Kogarah as a second home.
Central Coast and the Beaches aren't the same thing. Different so groan is and the way Sydney roads work it's harder to get to the coast than from roosters territory.

I think it's absolutely inevitable it's true. We will fight hard for the territory.

for me, the question will ultimately be will we 'relocate' in the same vein as say, LA Rams from St Louis? Or will they try the softer option of partnering with the community, play some games at Nth Syd and Brookie, do slogans like 'our beach, our team' and basically expand.

relocate or expand

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
not a shit stir, just a bit of banter. I don't understand why some people just feel the need to explode
There's a time and place for banter.
Some people are on edge at the thought of losing their teams identity, that they grew up with, and identified with. Even the fact that a long time rival like Manly going under is stressful.
These are teams that have been a passion fo people for 20,30,40 and even 50 years.
Literally in the space of two weeks we have gone from life as normal, to the real prospect of the game changing before our eyes, and having our beloved Bulldogs representing a total new area, which changes the fabric of who we are.

so yes, maybe you CAN understand why some people feel the need to explode' at the moment. At least cut some slack.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who are the bulldogs anyway, they lost there home identity 20 years ago,it's a smart move ,Bankstown is hardly a attraction these days and the North shore would be a masterstroke from a business point of view,you need to look ahead my preference would be joining with wests and pissing the Balmain element out,the growth out there would be enormous

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Who are the bulldogs anyway, they lost there home identity 20 years ago,it's a smart move ,Bankstown is hardly a attraction these days and the North shore would be a masterstroke from a business point of view,you need to look ahead my preference would be joining with wests and pissing the Balmain element out,the growth out there would be enormous
If Carlingford, let's just say Mobbs lane, all the way until the North is left vacant, that's a million plus, way more than SW Sydney, all available in one swoop.

cowm to think, Manky should have dorm better with the region. Should be a powerhouse.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What really should happen the bulldogs should be extending their territory into Campbelltown and past Liverpool area. With the Wests tigers to take manly / north shore area. And if cronulla was to fold saint George to take over the shire area. Geographically makes sense. Balmain isn't far from the north shore.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What really should happen the bulldogs should be extending their territory into Campbelltown and past Liverpool area. With the Wests tigers to take manly / north shore area. And if cronulla was to fold saint George to take over the shire area. Geographically makes sense. Balmain isn't far from the north shore.
they are called 'wests'.

If we are going to sell out, may as well sell out at full value. As if you'd want to compete for junkies in the far south west with the tigers when you could take the 2 million affluent guys on the north shore? You're still relocating either way.

if you live out there I'd understand your agenda but if not. Why wouldn't you take Manly?

ive been up all night thinking about this.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they are called 'wests'.

If we are going to sell out, may as well sell out at full value. As if you'd want to compete for junkies in the far south west with the tigers when you could take the 2 million affluent guys on the north shore? You're still relocating either way.

if you live out there I'd understand your agenda but if not. Why wouldn't you take Manly?

if manly is so great a location then why would the sea eagles fail?

maybe all those people are busy reading poetry or something ffs

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Bul Sharks has a good ring to it.
they are called 'wests'.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
if manly is so great a location then why would the sea eagles fail?

maybe all those people are busy reading poetry or something ffs
Good question.
I'd say the answer are;
-General mismanagement.
- a strong union presence west of North Sydney until Epping.
- The biggest one. The historic rivalry with Nth Sydney. The problem with these local derbies where you are taught to hate them from a young age is when the shit hits the fan you can never marry. This is why the Northern Eagles, a very logical merge, didn't work. Bears niggas can't bring themselves to support Manly. Therefore anything south of the spit hasn't been taken By them. And like my first point, they haven't been able to maximise the value they have in the smaller region they have a grip on.
A fresh, neutral start to the area might be the antidote to being these regions together. Hence why the 'Northern Sydney Bulldogs' might just be the powerhouse that rivals the Broncos in share.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's a time and place for banter.
Some people are on edge at the thought of losing their teams identity, that they grew up with, and identified with. Even the fact that a long time rival like Manly going under is stressful.
These are teams that have been a passion fo people for 20,30,40 and even 50 years.
Literally in the space of two weeks we have gone from life as normal, to the real prospect of the game changing before our eyes, and having our beloved Bulldogs representing a total new area, which changes the fabric of who we are.

so yes, maybe you CAN understand why some people feel the need to explode' at the moment. At least cut some slack.
calm down buddy, this is the ideal time for banter. if someone is feeling stressed at losing some teams identity because of the situation we are in,go and get some serious help.

There is no excuse to react that way and I CANNOT or WILL NOT understand

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Good question.
I'd say the answer are;
-General mismanagement.
- a strong union presence west of North Sydney until Epping.
- The biggest one. The historic rivalry with Nth Sydney. The problem with these local derbies where you are taught to hate them from a young age is when the shit hits the fan you can never marry. This is why the Northern Eagles, a very logical merge, didn't work. Bears niggas can't bring themselves to support Manly. Therefore anything south of the spit hasn't been taken By them. And like my first point, they haven't been able to maximise the value they have in the smaller region they have a grip on.
A fresh, neutral start to the area might be the antidote to being these regions together. Hence why the 'Northern Sydney Bulldogs' might just be the powerhouse that rivals the Broncos in share.
yeah so all this increases the argument not to move there