Rumour of relocating the Bulldogs to the North Shore?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Lots of rich people on the north shore, not many lebs. Maybe our club would finally get a fair go with the media.

I think we are a tough club and should be based in a tough area though. Maybe Breakfast Point.
oh please, Ill eat all the breakfast point gangsters for breakfast

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
you haven’t made the connection yet between the media’s problem with the bulldogs and the media’s problem with people of Lebanese and middle eastern origin? It’s as plain as the boss on your face, dude.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
oh please, Ill eat all the breakfast point gangsters for breakfast
you’re on your own. I’m self quarantining, so I won’t be getting out of bed before brunch time.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whilst I am ok with the idea I can't see how this works. My understanding is that all Sydney teams will be forced to play from either ANZ, SFS, or Bankwest once they are completed. So how does relocation work? We would only be allowed to take 2 games max there. 1 at belmore and one at Norths/ Brookvale?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many can you fit in at north Sydney oval?
As it is about the same as Belmore but, it’s surrounded by parkland so it could easily be developed.

It’s just a giggle thread, but I like it.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
This is massive, and serious.

I just called and spoke to a friend who is connected with the Bulldogs to see what is going on and they were in shock..
They said that there has been a crisis meeting today at the Bulldogs and one of the items discussed was to relocate to the North Shore should the NRL go broke and teams disappear as a means to survival.

From what I understand. The thinking goes like this;
Should clubs go bust, Manly will likely be one of the first teams to perish. This opens up the entire North Sydney, Northern Suburbs,North Shore and Northern Beaches.
The Bulldogs, as is, are surrounded by three Rich clubs (Eels,Souths,Saints) and are competing for territory on both sides with the Tigers.
The feeling is they can ensure their survival as a powerhouse by moving into the vacant spot and growing a huge market and playing games out of Homebush and Brookvale.

Taking the Shire from Cronulla was discussed but was shot down very quickly, as it doesn't solve the issue and would be a 'terrible notion'.

it's a serious strategy.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Would be a big change. But could be interesting.

please don't shoot the messenger in your replies. Nasheed.
You are the biggest blowearse on here.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whilst I am ok with the idea I can't see how this works. My understanding is that all Sydney teams will be forced to play from either ANZ, SFS, or Bankwest once they are completed. So how does relocation work? We would only be allowed to take 2 games max there. 1 at belmore and one at Norths/ Brookvale?
Really? Only those 3 places? That's bullshit by the NRL if true.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As it is about the same as Belmore but, it’s surrounded by parkland so it could easily be developed.

Imagine the nights out after the games?!?!

We already get in enough trouble away from the games as it is. We'd be fucked heading out there ;)

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it, first we go to north Sydney, pillage their league's club and ground, and pillage the old bears supporters ( from the dead...literally )
Then keep on driving on the spit reach Brookie , pillage their league's club, ground and players......and des can run the water, and Cleal can run the canteen (note: pie shortages on game day) now thats an invasion

QUOTE="Bazildog, post: 3713005, member: 20376"]As it is about the same as Belmore but, it’s surrounded by parkland so it could easily be developed.

It’s just a giggle thread, but I like it.[/QUOTE]

A

Alexander the Great

Anz will be off the cards mate if the NRL goes bust. All deals and contracts void.

The game is never going to be the same.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely Titans would be first to go. No history. Been in trouble for years.

In Sydney. You'd have to think the Dogs would be the last on that list by some margin. Cronulla, Tigers, Manly have been having issues for years. Just don't think it's possible that the Dogs would be in trouble at all, especially with the leagues club (another reason why we won't fully relocate).

It's possible we play games out of North Sydney for example. A few to start off with. But we won't leave when the Leagues Club is so damned successful.
I just made a follow up call and relayed some of this stuff.

Basically the first to go they anticipate is Manly and perhaps followed by Cronulla. Saints are all over Cronulla.

we would survive the first phase of the 'death race' but could face issues beyond that. So the intent is to jump on the massive opening spot from Manly, alongside their big junior base, affluent supporters and sponsorship opportunity.

sponsorships are a big motivator here. That's the biggest point I learnt from the follow up call twenty minutes ago.

It would be something like half the games at Brookie/Nth Sydney, half at ANZ with possibly a token game at Belmont as an annual event.

My insider used the quote to me
'What's a better target opportunity? Old arabs playing cards, drinking Arak and smoking cigars in Regents Park, or rich young businesspeople with connections from the North'.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you haven’t made the connection yet between the media’s problem with the bulldogs and the media’s problem with people of Lebanese and middle eastern origin? It’s as plain as the boss on your face, dude.
The Boss on my face?? WTF are you taliking about, have you been smoking something..

As for the racist comment, when I was a kid they were all called Smith and Jones in Bankstown, Campsie, and Belmore etc.

Times change and people move in and out of areas and who cares if they are now called Ali, Youseff and Nassif?? If they support the Dogs they are my mates!

You have a problem with that?

A

Alexander the Great

The Boss on my face?? WTF are you taliking about, have you been smoking something..

As for the racist comment, when I was a kid they were all called Smith and Jones in Bankstown, Campsie, and Belmore etc.

Times change and people move in and out of areas and who cares if they are now called Ali, Youseff and Nassif?? If they support the Dogs they are my mates!

images.jpeg-20.jpeg

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like it, first we go to north Sydney, pillage their league's club and ground, and pillage the old bears supporters ( from the dead...literally )
Then keep on driving on the spit reach Brookie , pillage their league's club, ground and players......and des can run the water, and Cleal can run the canteen (note: pie shortages on game day) now thats an invasion

QUOTE="Bazildog, post: 3713005, member: 20376"]As it is about the same as Belmore but, it’s surrounded by parkland so it could easily be developed.

[/QUOTE]
Oh, I fucking like this. Pillaging sounds awesome. I'll fly back for that. Who can organise the meat pies and beer? The 2020 pillaging of North Sydney and Manly. Fucking love it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just made a follow up call and relayed some of this stuff.

Basically the first to go they anticipate is Manly and perhaps followed by Cronulla. Saints are all over Cronulla.

we would survive the first phase of the 'death race' but could face issues beyond that. So the intent is to jump on the massive opening spot from Manly, alongside their big junior base, affluent supporters and sponsorship opportunity.

sponsorships are a big motivator here. That's the biggest point I learnt from the follow up call twenty minutes ago.

It would be something like half the games at Brookie/Nth Sydney, half at ANZ with possibly a token game at Belmont as an annual event.

My insider used the quote to me
'What's a better target opportunity? Old arabs playing cards, drinking Arak and smoking cigars in Regents Park, or rich young businesspeople with connections from the North'.
Haha fucking hell. A whole 'season' without games and you Nasheed. WTF did we do wrong in life to deserve this!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I grew up on Brekky point and got out.
Should be careful what you say.
Wish you hadn't got out mate. FFS. Wish they'd locked you up over there for good. Another good reason to go pillaging to hopefully clean up some of your relatives

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

so you would befriend anyone called Ali and Nassif JUST because they are bulldogs supporters?
That's the only criteria?

Honestly this is how scams start and how Isis hostages are taken.
I'm sure Ivan Milan had a team as well you know.

'braa get in my car I got a jersey in the back seat wallah cuz'.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I never said I have a problem with anyone. I suggested a large portion of the media perpetuates and promotes negative stereotypes about people of middle eastern background and that should be apparent to anyone who has ever picked up a tabloid newspaper.

My post was a critique of media, not people of any particular heritage or background, so you can put away your guns, cowboy.