Rumour of relocating the Bulldogs to the North Shore?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Please consider This as well.

within the last 25 years, the Bulldogs have TWICE tried to shirk away from the Bankstown area.

1. The 'Sydney Bulldogs'. Generic the brand.

2. In Oasis times, they wanted to shift to Liverpool and SWS, and would have succeeded if not for the whisteblower on the cap rort.

So can we Really be surprised if they try to halve it?
There's been many efforts to disssociate from the bad reputation of the area.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The money going around is Titans, Manly Cronulla, Newcastle & Tigers are more so in the hot seat.
I’d agree all those except Newcastle. They’re owned by the Wests conglomerate and they’re not poor. Is there some debt from the Tinkler days?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This shit is out of control. Nasheed , calm the farm bud.!!

A

Alexander the Great

He actually is nearly* on the ball with one for once.

I dont think alot of people at HQ are happy with the idea though.
Are you trying to get into the Guinness World Records for the amount of dumb topics a person can post in 1 week?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The money going around is Titans, Manly Cronulla, Newcastle & Tigers are more so in the hot seat.
Relocate fold all of those and move us to North shore. Nicer area than Belmore.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
No shit, this is what I saw (thanks Kennel ads lol). Coincidence much?

077325DB-9B63-454C-B9A4-57D983CCD1A2.jpeg

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck.. it’s funny and logistically where I live these days so I love it. But our Spriitual home is Belmore and the BEST ever result would be a 20000 seat fortress rebuild there. But if that can’t happen....

BBQ at Bazils for all home game bitches.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've heard 3 things doing the rounds. One very credible source the other 50/50.

1. A Saudi has been calling around Nrl clubs and testing the waters if clubs would be available to discuss selling off to them. (50/50)

2. Both dogs players will not be fired though fines and time out will be given to the them. (Legit sauce)

3. Dogs are looking at Manly/north Sydney area if Manly folds. This i don't see working though. (Legit sauce)

The worrying part if the overseas interest we have and the nrl season was only just postponed today. They move quick the cheeky c***.
1) Makes sense but hope the Dogs steer clear of any Saudis .... actually, all of the NRL.

2) I'm sure the club has just reason to keep them if that's the call. Though I'd hope that the information we currently have on the situation is wrong. Whatever they decide, I'll back them.

3) Moving to Many / North Sydney area? Define what it means to move? If it's simply our stadium, then no issues. Losing the Canterbury part of it? Don't know. Personally it's a hard one if I'm honest.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d agree all those except Newcastle. They’re owned by the Wests conglomerate and they’re not poor. Is there some debt from the Tinkler days?
Surely Titans would be first to go. No history. Been in trouble for years.

In Sydney. You'd have to think the Dogs would be the last on that list by some margin. Cronulla, Tigers, Manly have been having issues for years. Just don't think it's possible that the Dogs would be in trouble at all, especially with the leagues club (another reason why we won't fully relocate).

It's possible we play games out of North Sydney for example. A few to start off with. But we won't leave when the Leagues Club is so damned successful.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

In Sydney. You'd have to think the Dogs would be the last on that list by some margin. Cronulla, Tigers, Manly have been having issues for years. Just don't think it's possible that the Dogs would be in trouble at all, especially with the leagues club (another reason why we won't fully relocate).

It's possible we play games out of North Sydney for example. A few to start off with. But we won't leave when the Leagues Club is so damned successful.
Pretty sure the original Oasis plan would’ve meant we had two licensed clubs - Belmore and Liverpool. Maybe Belmore and another part of Sydney could still be a blueprint.

But wait - Manly(ish)? That could mean a risk of Des coaching us again. Abandon the plan! Run for the hills!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the North Sydney bulldogs hey....
Who gives a fuck.. it’s funny and logistically where I live these days so I love it. But our Spriitual home is Belmore and the BEST ever result would be a 20000 seat fortress rebuild there. But if that can’t happen....

BBQ at Bazils for all home game bitches.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lots of rich people on the north shore, not many lebs. Maybe our club would finally get a fair go with the media.

I think we are a tough club and should be based in a tough area though. Maybe Breakfast Point.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

What you think the folk in North Sydney and the Beaches don’t play pokies ?? Canterbury Leagues will stay the mother ship or Death Star and we will rename Norths and Manly Leagues as Canterbury 2 and 3 Leagues clubs...8-)

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lots of rich people on the north shore, not many lebs. Maybe our club would finally get a fair go with the media.

I think we are a tough club and should be based in a tough area though. Maybe Breakfast Point.
WTF?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What you think the folk in North Sydney and the Beaches don’t play pokies ?? Canterbury Leagues will stay the mother ship or Death Star and we will rename Norths and Manly Leagues as Canterbury 2 and 3 Leagues clubs...8-)
Makes sense. In that case. I'm all for it :grinning:

In reality, why not. We're looking for a home ground, and as long as it's North Sydney Oval then no big issue with me.