RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely these last few weeks would have made the club re-think a 10 year deal. Its just way too risky for someone that is so mentally fragile.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Surely these last few weeks would have made the club re-think a 10 year deal. Its just way too risky for someone that is so mentally fragile.
Yep big risk.
Would love for us to steal Munster and the Trbojevics. Pipe dreams I know.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it's a mill a season, I dont think it's a risk cos the cap is always going up and a lot of teams will probably have at least 1 player in the future who is on 1 million a season

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it's a mill a season, I dont think it's a risk cos the cap is always going up and a lot of teams will probably have at least 1 player in the future who is on 1 million a season
I'd say the amount rises with the cap so paying 8-10% of the cap to one player for 10 years that could go cold at any minute is a massive risk.

I'm not saying to not have a go at getting him I just think a deal that long with a player like Latrell will end in tears.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's a footballer, not just an athlete. One of us will be completely wrong in a few years time. We'll see how it turns out.
sorry Nabs, but i think it will be you thats wrong bro... this guy will pretty much do what Inglis has done... never under estimate experience and maturity... mitchell is still a kid, but has had so much more exposure at 21 than most of the immortals had i.e. nobody knew who johns, lockyer, slater, inglis etc were when they were 21... and yet he has had enough conaistency not to be caught by a rookies curse

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that QLD are happy as pigs in shit that Latrell is not playing in Origin 2...
It's ridiculous.... They would've had a game plan and discussed serious strategies to stop Latrell Mitchell... as for Jack Wighton they'll be laughing and have a few beers.. Fittler should be sacked.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
sorry Nabs, but i think it will be you thats wrong bro... this guy will pretty much do what Inglis has done... never under estimate experience and maturity... mitchell is still a kid, but has had so much more exposure at 21 than most of the immortals had i.e. nobody knew who johns, lockyer, slater, inglis etc were when they were 21... and yet he has had enough conaistency not to be caught by a rookies curse
The way Latrell is going he'll be in rehab by 23 and out of the game by 25 as he struggles with the mental pressures and lack of enthusiasm.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...l/news-story/11b36f4fe317f6c6fd6300ea1cad4ea8

———

Family tragedies, brother’s assault charge ‘caught up with Latrell’

It’s been revealed a series of family tragedies may have contributed to Latrell Mitchell’s on-field battles and omission from the NSW team ahead of the second State of Origin game.

Mitchell, 21, played in the Origin opener but was dumped for game two, to be played in Perth on Sunday.

He was labelled by some the best player in the game after a monstrous night out against Wests Tigers in Round 8, but has dropped off steadily since.

Channel 9 on Monday aired a statement from Mitchell’s mother, Patricia, in which she reveals in the past two months the young star has lost two aunties, a cousin, and a great uncle.

“Latrell has been dealing with this the best way he can, but this will effect any young person as you can imagine,” the statement said.

Channel 9 also reports Mitchell’s brother Lionel is due to face court in August charged with assault.

The charge stems from an incident at a pub in April where the family claim Latrell and Lionel were being racially abused before the alleged assault.

“This has really effect Latrell. He has never had to deal with anything like this,” Patricia said.

Channel 9 says the build-up of separate incidents “caught up with Latrell”.

Mitchell didn’t travel with the NSW team back to Sydney after their game one loss at Suncorp Stadium.

Instead he went home to Taree to spend time with family, and it was reported the Roosters did not know about it, although the club denied that.

Mitchell is also undergoing a change of management and media conjecture around his NRL future, despite being contracted to the Chooks until 2021.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Needs to take some time away from the game and get his mind better. Clearly he's distracted by tragedy in his family, and his mind is a million miles away from rugby league.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Putting this thread on ice temporarily as there are already 2 Latrell Mitchell threads open on here and it's rather distracting having conversation across both.

Will leave this in open forum though for a short time.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is how the article started according to Google...

26 mins ago - The Bulldogs have made a stunning 10-year, $11.5 million offer to superstar Latrell Mitchell which, if it goes ahead, would be the biggest player ...