Rumour Rumbles at Tigertown

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was perusing the Tigpies forum and someone suggested they should try to offer us a swap deal; Brooks for Burton. Delusion is the only way to survive being a Wests supporter right now. XD
HAHAHAHAHA

also; why the fuck would burton want to go there?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How much do you think they are worth?
1 penny for both of them.

Nah Flannos worth to our team is about 200-250k (above minimum wage which I am assuming is 180k? Not sure on that though he has some games under his belt so he gets a bit more for that).

Hastings is a 350k type of player, you have him in the team so you can spend big elsewhere in the spine.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hastings Is slightly better than Flanno. No thanks.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1 penny for both of them.

Nah Flannos worth to our team is about 200-250k (above minimum wage which I am assuming is 180k? Not sure on that though he has some games under his belt so he gets a bit more for that).

Hastings is a 350k type of player, you have him in the team so you can spend big elsewhere in the spine.
The evidence doesn't support that though:

Cleary: 1mil
Hughes: 800k+
Townsend: 700k
Hynes: 600k
Reynolds: 800k
Moses: 800k+
Ilias: ?
Hunt: 1mil+
Keary: 800k
DCE: 1mil+
Fogarty: 600k
Clune: ?
Flanagan: 450k
Hastings: 350k
Johnson: 450k
Sexton: 500k (allegedly)

He's obviously not a superstar, but he wouldn't need to be with Burton and Mahoney in the spine - he'd just need to distribute, communicate, take pressure off Burton's kicking game and provide direction

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

He's obviously not a superstar, but he wouldn't need to be with Burton and Mahoney in the spine - he'd just need to distribute, communicate, take pressure off Burton's kicking game and provide direction
Evidence doesn’t support what? It’s an opinion? Why are you rattling off salaries you know aren’t correct.. tf…..

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Evidence doesn’t support what? It’s an opinion? Why are you rattling off salaries you know aren’t correct.. tf…..
The evidence doesn't support your opinion that a player of Hastings calibre goes for $350k. At worst he's in the Townsend/Fogarty class, so if the numbers are relatively accurate then $600k seems reasonable.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The evidence doesn't support your opinion that a player of Hastings calibre goes for $350k. At worst he's in the Townsend/Fogarty class, so if the numbers are relatively accurate then $600k seems reasonable.
Are you mad? Hastings isnt anywhere near the ability of Chad Townsend!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well… Townsend won a premiership, and has had a big impact on the cowboys going from shit to too 4, so I wouldn’t put him in the same class as a player that bounced around 4 nrl clubs and 2 super league clubs in just as many years… but hey… you do you

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well… Townsend won a premiership, and has had a big impact on the cowboys going from shit to too 4, so I wouldn’t put him in the same class as a player that bounced around 4 nrl clubs and 2 super league clubs in just as many years… but hey… you do you
Frame it this way: put Chad on the Tigers and Hastings on the Tigers, does he have the same impact?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Frame it this way: put Chad on the Tigers and Hastings on the Tigers, does he have the same impact?
Well we won’t know until we try it but based on the classic evidence : tigers would be top 4 and cowboys would be trash

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we won’t know until we try it but based on the classic evidence : tigers would be top 4 and cowboys would be trash
The difference between the squads is an ocean and Payten has really proven himself as a 1st Grade coach this year. Don't get me wrong, Chad has helped - but I think the results would be fairly similar if you swapped them around.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we're keeping Averillo as our fullback we should (and can cap wise) get the absolute best half available. 1 Munster 2 Moses. 3 Hastings
Agree...Moses is more realistic but I doubt parra we lose him

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big Flano to get the gig and take little Flano with him would be a nice outcome. Agree Hastings looks injured and defeated like many before him at this club. When fit and motivated he was good, reckon he would do well with us
OK then I'm in if that happened, Flanno out Hastings in(there was talk maybe Joey said it about playing him as a ballplaying lock?)unlikely to happen though could we be that lucky?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Triple pass on Hastings .
Nothing bulldog about him.
Would rather that Lebanese guy in reserve grade has more bulldog about him.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

if flanagan was on 250k he would probably get less criticism. he is over paid, again not his fault the club paid overs to try and get players.
If he was on a lower salary then fans may give him a chance as a young halfback trying to develop and grow.
The other problem is he just hasnt improved his running and kicking game. Would love to see him try and make a line break until he does he will be overrated. But the news of Brooks being dropped from first grade starts the rumour he is coming to the Dogs and we will always have the swirling rumours of signing every half on the market