Rumour Rumbles at Tigertown

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
if flanagan was on 250k he would probably get less criticism. he is over paid, again not his fault the club paid overs to try and get players.
If he was on a lower salary then fans may give him a chance as a young halfback trying to develop and grow.
The other problem is he just hasnt improved his running and kicking game. Would love to see him try and make a line break until he does he will be overrated. But the news of Brooks being dropped from first grade starts the rumour he is coming to the Dogs and we will always have the swirling rumours of signing every half on the market
No one really knows what he is on, they are simply guessing. What I do know is the Chooks have an NDA in place regarding his release, plainly there is a reason for that.

Personally I think his kicking game has always been pretty good even when he was in high school. But he is a confidence player and kicking with accuracy requires a high level of that. Like most (could be all) of our players he has displayed confidence building in the more recent games. Last game I though his kicking was extremely accurate, 4 kicks in general play earning us a forced drop out, with 2 x bombs, 1 x grubber and 1 x cross field kick, zero errors and none kicked dead. That's pretty good for the back up kicker, which he obviously is.

Always a Bulldog

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did i say he was remarkable? no, but to put him in the same catagory as Townsend sheesh!
Wait, I said he was solid but unremarkable and you said you don't share that opinion - which insinuates you either don't find him solid or you find something about his game remarkable?

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait, I said he was solid but unremarkable and you said you don't share that opinion - which insinuates you either don't find him solid or you find something about his game remarkable?
Its still the same result Townsend shits all over him

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its still the same result Townsend shits all over him
Mmm, he might be a little more refined as someone who's 5 years older but I don't think there's a huge discrepancy between them.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hastings is a huge yes. !!
Passionate and quick between the ears.
I watched the game when he kicked the winning field goal.
He wants to win and can guide a side around when the forwards do their job

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This stuff drives me insane.
"We need a halfback."
- DCE is too much of a fuckwit.
- Moses is shit.
- Brooks is shit.
- Keary is shit.
- Pearce is washed up.
- Johnson is washed up.

Now: 'Hastings isn't athletic enough.'

He's an improvement on Flanagan and would do everything that we need from a 7 for 600k.
Which of those halfbacks do you see as winning a premiership any time soon? DCE & Keary are probably standouts but one is too expensive and the other has concussion concerns as well as his team not even being in the 8.
We have finally put ourselves in a clean cap position let’s not ruin it by bringing in expensive guys who aren’t a good fit

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Which of those halfbacks do you see as winning a premiership any time soon? DCE & Keary are probably standouts but one is too expensive and the other has concussion concerns as well as his team not even being in the 8.
We have finally put ourselves in a clean cap position let’s not ruin it by bringing in expensive guys who aren’t a good fit
Progression is rarely linear, realistically we aren't likely to be serious premiership contenders for 4 years minimum . We need leadership, experience and direction while guys develop.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Progression is rarely linear, realistically we aren't likely to be serious premiership contenders for 4 years minimum . We need leadership, experience and direction while guys develop.
We already have that and the guys you mentioned aren’t good options at all