Rumour Rumbles at Tigertown

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have a mate who works for one of the Tigers sponsors. He hears bits but doesn’t throw rumours around liberally and I file most Tiger news in the ‘not interested’ basket anyway…

BUT…spoke to him today and he mentioned that Hastings and at least two others have asked for a release since Madge’s spearing. Unsure if that’s because of Madge or they don’t rate Noddy or what. He says internally Tigertown is a very unhappy place. So it should be after that mockumentary too.

So watch this space. Maybe :-).

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hard to get a good gauge on Hastings. He had a couple of good games and then some not so great ones. I think he's been playing through a foot injury, though. I doubt we'd give him more than a 1 year contract, based on his form this year. With Flanno still taking $450k of the cap next year, I don't know that he'd be worth it, unless we offload Flanno. He's just another organising 7 with no kicking game.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brett kimmorely isn't the answer and the quicker they appoint a coach the better

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a mate who works for one of the Tigers sponsors. He hears bits but doesn’t throw rumours around liberally and I file most Tiger news in the ‘not interested’ basket anyway…

BUT…spoke to him today and he mentioned that Hastings and at least two others have asked for a release since Madge’s spearing. Unsure if that’s because of Madge or they don’t rate Noddy or what. He says internally Tigertown is a very unhappy place. So it should be after that mockumentary too.

I’ve got a mate who is on the coaching staff in the lower grades there so I might see what i can find out… but a bit like yourself I hardly ever talk tigers with him cause I’m not interested :tearsofjoy:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Poor madge must be having nightmares about allowing that Mocko to happen. Absolute great TV but at his expense. Although it was good to see Pascoes hair style and colour on full display.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hard to get a good gauge on Hastings. He had a couple of good games and then some not so great ones. I think he's been playing through a foot injury, though. I doubt we'd give him more than a 1 year contract, based on his form this year. With Flanno still taking $450k of the cap next year, I don't know that he'd be worth it, unless we offload Flanno. He's just another organising 7 with no kicking game.
I know a lot of people don't rate the Super league and it's generally always been a 4 team comp.
But Hastings took a bottom feeder club in Salford all the way to the grand final, only to lose to a stacked St Helens side. The following year he left to Wigan and took them to a grand final, unfortunately losing to a stacked Saints side again.

As you mentioned he has a foot injury and is upset McGuire was punted, you could really tell how much he wanted Madge and Brooks to succeed. Hastings is a great competitor and team player, he would make us a way better side than what we currently are imo. I would not get into a bidding war for him though.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know a lot of people don't rate the Super league and it's generally always been a 4 team comp.
But Hastings took a bottom feeder club in Salford all the way to the grand final, only to lose to a stacked St Helens side. The following year he left to Wigan and took them to a grand final, unfortunately losing to a stacked Saints side again.

As you mentioned he has a foot injury and is upset McGuire was punted, you could really tell how much he wanted Madge and Brooks to succeed. Hastings is a great competitor and team player, he would make us a way better side than what we currently are imo. I would not get into a bidding war for him though.
Can’t be a team player when you are trying to ditch the team a couple months after you joined em. That’s his colours coming through again and one of the reasons why he ended up in the UK

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can’t be a team player when you are trying to ditch the team a couple months after you joined em. That’s his colours coming through again and one of the reasons why he ended up in the UK
Could you blame him though? He was very vocal in trying to galvanise the club and push through the tough times together and Pascoe and co knocked all his walls down.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Naden :tearsofjoy:.
Probably.
I’m not sold on Hastings either, he had a shocker yesterday, but maybe that’s because he’s unhappy. Regardless, just sharing news I heard, it’s not suggesting anything specific for Belmore :-).
I wonder if poor old Naden is the first player to quit 2 clubs in the same year due to coaches being sacked?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you blame him though? He was very vocal in trying to galvanise the club and push through the tough times together and Pascoe and co knocked all his walls down.
Did he sign a contract with Maguire or the Tigers?

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Flano to get the gig and take little Flano with him would be a nice outcome. Agree Hastings looks injured and defeated like many before him at this club. When fit and motivated he was good, reckon he would do well with us