Opinion Rules you’d change

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You’ve just been elevated to NRL supreme leader.
what do you change?
  • Bunker for tryscoring decisions only
  • No 7 tackle set for kicks inside the attacking 30
  • Fuck off the “out of the hands backwards” bullshit. Forward is forward
  • Not held until your on the ground
  • “Golden double” - 2 points wins GP. Kick a FG? Games still on, gotta kick another
  • If you stay down and the ref stops play, you have to go off
  • No sin bins. Send offs for extreme foul play but otherwise the integrity of the contest is paramount
  • Fuck off the captains challenge
  • 40/20, 30/30, 20/40
Finally…
  • Bulldogs start every year on 4 points

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hate 6 again rule and 7 tackle set.
Would like to see only 2 in a tackle unless 20m out in attack from try line.
No stripping, only allowed when in act of scoring try.
Draft system to spread talent evenly.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been saying for years and posted on this forum a while back to reward a one on one legs tackle.

Against popular opinion I’d also bring back the twelve man interchange.
This was being lobbied hard by a lot of people on channel 9 etc as well as the six again to the speed the game up- the result is the debacle we see today.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not held till u are on the ground could bore fans to death when a big player is held up and not grounded. What do they do, hug until the next break? Half of tackles they dont hit the ground. So thats a silly one imo

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You’ve just been elevated to NRL supreme leader.
what do you change?
  • Bunker for tryscoring decisions only
  • No 7 tackle set for kicks inside the attacking 30
  • Fuck off the “out of the hands backwards” bullshit. Forward is forward
  • Not held until your on the ground
  • “Golden double” - 2 points wins GP. Kick a FG? Games still on, gotta kick another
  • If you stay down and the ref stops play, you have to go off
  • No sin bins. Send offs for extreme foul play but otherwise the integrity of the contest is paramount
  • Fuck off the captains challenge
  • 40/20, 30/30, 20/40
Finally…
  • Bulldogs start every year on 4 points
I've been saying that about forward passes for ages.

My others off the top of my head:

1. No 7 tackle sets. Ever. Game is 6 tackles.
  2. 5 minute sin bins. With the speed of today's game, its just too much time off.
  3. Stay down, our comes the stretcher.
  4. no "set restarts/six against", unless the opponents touch it like the old days.
  5. Major overhaul of the strip rule - the second a 2nd defender touches the guy with the ball, it ceases to be a "one man tackle" even if the defenders later drop off.
  6. No captains challenges.
Why is there this obsession to keep making the game "faster"?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Allow a double movement. If you're close enough to move the ball into the in goal, you've earned the right to score. You can advance it anywhere in the field of play without penalty, so why should the goal line be any different?

If a player deliberately moves off the mark to play the ball, possession is turned over.

Outlaw the strip completely. That would stop a lot of wrestling in tackles.

Outlaw players moving across the path of defenders trying to prevent a kick on the fifth tackle. For some reason, refs watch blocks on the catcher, but not the blockers for the kicker.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not held till u are on the ground could bore fans to death when a big player is held up and not grounded. What do they do, hug until the next break? Half of tackles they dont hit the ground. So thats a silly one imo
They won’t do it. That’s the point.
players are always looking for the quick play-the-ball so they’ll allow themselves to be pulled down.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Transfer window after the GF. No one can sign with another team for the following season while the current season is in play.

Video ref can rule on forward passes.

Sin Bin is until the other team scores any points.

If a player is sent off then you can replace him with a bench player & it costs you an interchange.

No 7 tackle sets.

No golden point. If a game is a draw after 80 minutes then it ends in a draw. Only exceptions would be Origin & finals games. Extra time for them would be 10 minutes played not golden point.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Allow a double movement. If you're close enough to move the ball into the in goal, you've earned the right to score. You can advance it anywhere in the field of play without penalty, so why should the goal line be any different?

If a player deliberately moves off the mark to play the ball, possession is turned over.
Agree with you on these two. I've always thought the double movement rule was dumb.

Also players walking off the mark is a real bug bear of mine.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
(1) NO KNOCK ON on if a player jugles the ball and it touches an opposing player, without the ball going to ground.
(2) Players been allowed to form a wall to protect a kicker during their set. It would stop late hits on Halves.
(3) At least 12 interchanges, with the 5 th interchange player repacing an injured player who is unable to return, however the injured player would have to miss the next game.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back contested scrums.
They were only removed because Channel 9 worked out they could fit in an extra two minutes of advertising per broadcast.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I have been saying for years and posted on this forum a while back to reward a one on one legs tackle.
Same here - and the reward should be a 1 on 1 legs tackle, no play the ball until the tackler gets to marker.

But it won't happen because it slows the game down and apparently thats what people need.

Wonder if anyone bothered to ask the people.